shape
carat
color
clarity

What colors go best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Hey All,

I think we have found our venue which is great! We are just looking into the final details of it.
But as always I am further ahead :)

I am hoping to get some opinions on which colours would look best in the room.
I know I will be having light pink flowers but that is as far as it goes. Our wedding is in early June so its a Spring wedding :)

Here is a picture of the room ... unfortunately its a big dark ... but the curtains are a brown colour and the ceremic flooring is a darker gray colour. The walls are a light baige and there is a stone fire place.

If you could help me out what you think would look great in that room in terms of colors it would be great!!!
What colours should I have for linens, chair covers, flowers etc :)

Thanks ssooo much in advance :)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finding a venue. I love the look of the room. It is filled with neutral colors, so I really think anything will look great! Sorry I''m not of much help, but just decide what you like best and go from there!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
ohh... nice, spacious venue you have there!

since it''s a spring, i suggest a mix of pastel colors! and since it looks airy - i''d say go with high cp''s and add fabric on top with uplighting! i think it would look beautiful...
9.gif

but what''s your favorite color though???

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Browns and grays are all really neutral, so you won''t really be able to pick anything that clashes!

At this point, I''d start looking at inspiration for your overall wedding theme, etc, and look to that and the asthetics you like for color suggestions! For spring weddings, pastels tend to be slightly more common, but don''t let that restrict you, either!!!

Think about your favorite colors, what BM dresses you like in what color, and work from there!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Something regal and eye catching would be great. How abour a reddish brown colour? Or gold?

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
When I first glanced at the picture, I saw more pastels/creams than I did browns/grays. So, I would try to pair the baby pink with maybe ivory or cream or champagne. I think champagne in particular - a very, very light gold, almost ivory - would be stunning.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 10:38:44 PM
Author: laughwithme
When I first glanced at the picture, I saw more pastels/creams than I did browns/grays. So, I would try to pair the baby pink with maybe ivory or cream or champagne. I think champagne in particular - a very, very light gold, almost ivory - would be stunning.
I second the champagne color! it''s so romantic!
Great with brown and gray.
And would looke lovely with the slate in the fireplace lol.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your input :)

I WAS thinking champagne/gold color but then I was second guessing myself thinking it will look to bland in the room but I see that i wasn''t the only one going that route :) So it must look great!!!
Its hard to choose based on fav colours because I like all colors haha

I am just srtarting out on my color search but its to a good start.

Thanks again:)

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm for some reason my post isn''t showing up? Maybe if I try attaching the pics...

springchic1.jpg

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm ok now both posts are there... sorry I am not sure how I messed that up
33.gif

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
That room color is a great starting point. I love gray and I think is a very chic color when used with brights for a spring wedding. My personal favorite would be to use a palette of hot pink (or dark hot pink), gray and white. I think that the color of these peonies (attached pic) is to die for and they are only available in spring.

I also LOVE grey, white, and yellow. Super cute for spring wedding.

Hot Pink22.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I would do pink with chocolate brown. if you are using chair covers (maybe off white with pink or brown sashes), that will also help lighten up the place a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results