shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1386903590|3573344 said:
FrekeChild|1386886988|3573155 said:
Revlon Pure Pearl with Essie Set in Stones (silver glitter, varied sizes) on top.

Wow that pearl is cool! Are you wearing a diamond???? I thought you only had blue solitaires???
Lol AprilBaby! Yes, I am. It belonged to my mother. My dad finally forked it over last year, and I've been wearing it ever since. Well, I should say, I've added it to the rotation. I've been setting stones like crazy this year, so not only do I have blue now (4 of them), I also have lavender, peach, pink, green, blue-green, gray and orange. I'm hoping to add red to the collection relatively soon, but it might take a while....

:bigsmile:

I actually like this polish combo with my green tsavorite the most, but I seriously baby that thing, so usually go for the diamond (or my white spinel) right now!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picked up two of these at the salon today: one for me, one to give... :D

eng_pm_opi-little-bit-of-chic-mini-4-pack-san-francisco-collection-2013-dcf41-2962_1.jpg

The shades are:

First Date at the Golden Gate
Muir Muir on the Wall
In the Cable Car-Pool Lane
Peace & Love & OPI

It's hard to decide which to try first!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1387061905|3574358 said:
Picked up two of these at the salon today: one for me, one to give... :D

eng_pm_opi-little-bit-of-chic-mini-4-pack-san-francisco-collection-2013-dcf41-2962_1.jpg

The shades are:

First Date at the Golden Gate
Muir Muir on the Wall
In the Cable Car-Pool Lane
Peace & Love & OPI

Then I will help you out! I think you should try that intriguing bluey-grey shade on the far right.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have all corrupted me!!!

Okay, I used to paint my nails regularly and then I had them done for a couple of years. Took a 10 year break where I wore nothing on them. Had them done for our engagement pics (basic mani/pedi) and then a full set for our wedding.

My toenails from the wedding pedi lasted forever but finally needed to come off.

So I just finished painting fingers/toes with OPI From A to Zurich.
Boy am I out of practice :nono:

Love the color!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1387069407|3574403 said:

Then I will help you out! I think you should try that intriguing bluey-grey shade on the far right.[/quote]

Thanks for the input, Smith! I agree and that was indeed the first one I tried (on my pinky). But I'm now thinking that might not be the best choice for aging hands - I might be better off saving it for my toes, or maybe for finger deco for New Year's Eve. I'm really liking "In the Cable-Car Poll Lane." It goes on more red and less berry than it looks in the bottle. It's a nice festive shade for this time of year!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
No nail pics but here's what I did with some of my polishes! The light blue one has snowflake shaped glitter in it :)

_12708.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
VR Beauty and TooPatient - come on then, where are the pics??

TooPatient - You're not the only one - this thread has ruined me. I've bought about ten new shades since it started!

Pandabee - that is a gorgeous and creative use of the polishes. The decorations look lovely. Presumably you bought plain white ones and then just painted them? How many coats?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1387116834|3574630 said:
No nail pics but here's what I did with some of my polishes! The light blue one has snowflake shaped glitter in it :)

What a great use of those glittery polishes (which would otherwise last you for a lifetime or two of holidays)!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pic of From A to Zurich!

Forgive the less than great picture. I'm working with just my cell phone camera and it compresses terribly when I send it to myself :nono:

from_a_to_zurich.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1387128164|3574712 said:

What a great use of those glittery polishes (which would otherwise last you for a lifetime or two of holidays)!

Glitter is a state of mind not reserved entirely for the holidays :lol:.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1387132764|3574754 said:
VRBeauty|1387128164|3574712 said:

Glitter is a state of mind not reserved entirely for the holidays :lol:.

Abso-bloody-lutely! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1387128651|3574720 said:
Pic of From A to Zurich!

Forgive the less than great picture. I'm working with just my cell phone camera and it compresses terribly when I send it to myself :nono:

Beautiful warm, festive colour! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1387125801|3574699 said:
Pandabee - that is a gorgeous and creative use of the polishes. The decorations look lovely. Presumably you bought plain white ones and then just painted them? How many coats?

Nope, take clear ornaments and swirl the insides with polish and let it drain out/dry upside down! That way the glitter stays on the inside.

Thanks VRBeauty and baby monster! And you are right, glitter is a year-round spectacle! Although it was nice to use up some of them (and to have these ornaments for longer than those manis will last me)!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Zoya's Charla and Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday.

nails_charla_happy_birthday.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pic of From A to Zurich!

Very pretty!!! I like the bling too :halo:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1387142706|3574850 said:
Pic of From A to Zurich!

Very pretty!!! I like the bling too :halo:

Thanks! I'm trying to get better pics of my rings as they all seem to come out so lifeless.

I think I may resist the urge for a bling-y birthday and see if we can't get a camera instead..... and bigger bling for our anniversary :bigsmile: (maybe a bracelet or some earrings...)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
my collection. :bigsmile:

photo__2_22.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter London "HRH". It doesn't get any purple-er than this. And the nails are so I can coordinate with the awesome new purple yak wool fingerless gloves my dear friend knitted for me for my birthday.

I know you're all massively jealous right now. ;))

butter_hrh.jpg

butter_hrh2.jpg

butter_hrh3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1387149152|3574900 said:
Butter London "HRH". It doesn't get any purple-er than this. And the nails are so I can coordinate with the awesome new purple yak wool fingerless gloves my dear friend knitted for me for my birthday.

Very nice! And what a lovely gift from your friend!

cheers--Sharon

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1387147738|3574891 said:
my collection. :bigsmile:

ForteKitty, nice collection! Color-coded and organized. I see you're partial to Zoya :bigsmile:. I just bought my first Zoya polish to try - Logan.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1387152544|3574917 said:
ksinger|1387149152|3574900 said:

Very nice! And what a lovely gift from your friend!

cheers--Sharon

Yes it IS a lovely gift! However, the REAL kicker was the crocheted Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. She said, modestly, that making it was "as easy as 1, 2, 5!" I thought I was going to die laughing.

(My friend and I really can't have a conversation ever, without at least one reference tucked in somewhere, to Monty Python's The Holy Grail. It's almost a requirement, and it has to be related in some way. Anyway, ongoing inside joke of many years.)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OPI My Favorite Ornament

20131216_134600-1.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really into neutrals now...

Essie Imported Champagne. :)

image_882.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried SquareHue? I'm contemplating starting this month because the preview picture for January looks intriguing.

I've been wearing a lot of glitters and shimmers from Julep lately. I attempted a picture of Estelle but it looked awful because my toddler likes to sit on my lap and pick at my cuticles/polish :o. Right now I have on Joelle over Misti.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite|1387555008|3578103 said:
Has anyone tried SquareHue? I'm contemplating starting this month because the preview picture for January looks intriguing.

I've been wearing a lot of glitters and shimmers from Julep lately. I attempted a picture of Estelle but it looked awful because my toddler likes to sit on my lap and pick at my cuticles/polish :o. Right now I have on Joelle over Misti.

This looks very interesting. I never tried the monthly blind box subscription before. I tried to find the January preview on their site but don't see it.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go BM! I'm thinking it will at least be a few darker colors which I tend to like, hopefully a royal purple!

_12863.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kunzite. Very intriguing. I like the visual.

I like trying new polish but hate when it doesn't last the full week. There's only so much free time to spend on nails. Btw, my toddler also hates polish. He says nails should be red, meaning natural color.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I love Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. Just love it. They had a 50% off coupon, so I bought 4 more glitter polishes. They are AWFUL. Glitter And Be Gay is the first one I tried, and it was so thick/clumpy/difficult to apply that I eventually just piled it on and made my nails 2mm thick. It looked kind of cool from the top, but awful from the side. I tried Shake Your Money Maker today, and it was like a limp version of Glitter And Be Gay, but it slightly easier to apply. The base is tinted, so it masks the glitter's sparkles... which kind of defeats the purpose! Razzle Dazzle doesn't have the bigger glitter chunks, so it really looks no different than my Zoya shimmery polish. It shouldn't be listed under the glitter section. I haven't tried Va Va Voom yet, but I'm not optimistic.

Good thing I had a coupon. If I paid $19 for one, I'd be pissed.

Working on some new nails since they look terrible right now!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's terrible, FK. Do you have polish restorer to dilute the one that is too thick? Maybe that one can be salvaged.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
But I shouldn't have to for such expensive nail polish!! (whine + :angryfire: )

Have you seen that one chips commercial where the lady is getting a manicure and she sees the receptionist eating a bag of chips. The phone rings and she puts the chips down, the manicurist turns around, and when she returns to the lady she's working on, her nails are covered with pieces of chips? That's kind of how my nails looked. I should post a picture so you guys can all laugh, haha.

I think they tried to pack too much glitter into the polish. When I shake it up and apply, the first nail is okay. Then it gets thicker and thicker. By the time I get to the 3rd nail, I have to wipe off all the excess on the brush and clean up all the dried glitter build up around the inside of the bottle's neck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results