shape
carat
color
clarity

What clothes of yours make you feel really good about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have this corset-style dark red velvet top that makes me feel like a million bucks when I put it on. It also has the welcome effect that it makes J''s eyes bug out a little and he starts drooling and panting like a dog in the sun.
31.gif
3.gif
There''s also a certain pair of jeans that does all that right stuff for my body. I loooove those jeans. They make me feel tasty.
18.gif
2.gif
Also, my wedding dress makes me feel like a queen. Although I generally am not hugely into dresses, THAT dress is something else entirely--it makes me feel phenomenal.
30.gif

So, what clothes make you feel really good about yourself?
1.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly - and this might sound silly! - but I feel HOT in Victoria Secret lounge/sweat pants. I have like three pairs! And my friends will say I pretty much wear them all the time :) I have a pretty small butt and since those pants are pretty skin-hugging, it gives me a butt! They are also beyond comfortable. And, they can be worn either around the house while cooking, lounging, etc. but they are also perfectly fine for quick errands like groceries. Here is an example of something very similar (if not identical).

vspantseg.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Those look like yoga pants! They''re all stretchy and soft? I LOVE those! I''ve wanted some for ages because they look so comfy! You have good taste, chica.
2.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
humm...this is a toughy for me. I think I feel the best in my old navy diva jeans tucked into my lovely new boots! I never thought this look would be flattering on me because I am very bottom heavy, but to my surprise it looks great!
21.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, nice thread! My favourite most clothing item is this gorgeous black trumpet style skirt that comes to just below my knees. It makes my ass look so damn hot on any day, even if I''m carrying 5lb of PMS weight! I also have this beautiful silk dress that makes me feel like a million bucks everytime I wear it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a pencil skirt that does everything good for my curves and hides my knees (I''m super self-conscious about my knees). I love it! Well...them. I have two.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! great thread!

Casual: I love my Levi''s jeans (I love the way my bottom looks in them), I pair them with a great cable knit sweater that is off the shoulder with my tall UGG boots in winter, and a t-shirt and pair of sky high heels for date nights.

Formal: I have one short black fringe cocktail dress that I was wearing when DH proposed and I love it with bright heels or a gorgeous green Dina Bar-El silk evening gown that I can only wear when I am at my goal weight...
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t feel good in any of my clothes. I am such a misery aren''t I?
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 3:02:34 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif
Does that mean you feel best nekkid, Maisie?
6.gif
31.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I can honestly say that I have nothing in my wardrobe that makes me feel like a million bucks.

The only thing that came close recently (apart from my wedding dress) was the outfit I wore for my hen night. We went emo/goth/silly and I actually looked less bulky than usual. It made me look a lot slimmer in one picture my hubby took. Just that one though, all the others looked hideous.

I really live in jeans and vest tops with black jumpers/cardigans. Nothing special.

Here''s a pic of the said hen night...Must be the angle etc making me look marginally slimmer. Usually you can see the vast amount of weight I carry around my middle.

5760_153910829866_710764866_3511664_98174_n.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
MM, you look gorgeous!! That outfit is great--it''s spunky and fun and full of personality and you wear it with such attitude that you totally ROCK it and look FABULOUS! Love it!
36.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I love to wear salwar kameez (Bollywood style clothes).
I love the colors and the embroideries and I think they are SO flattering not just for me but for most other ladies. I love the tunic, the pants (often sheer) and the scarf that goes with it. It makes me feel like I'' m due for a magic carpet ride.
Unfortunately my husband hates this style, so I don''t wear it much (though I do keep buying them).
The kameez (tunic) and scarf also looks very good with skinny jeans so I wear these sometimes when not going out with him.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 3:54:13 PM
Author: gwendolyn

9.gif
6.gif
31.gif
Eeeeeh NO!!
6.gif
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 5:09:39 PM
Date: 9/12/2009 3:54:13 PM

9.gif

6.gif
31.gif

Eeeeeh NO!!
6.gif
9.gif
...oh.
15.gif
3.gif
9.gif

No one else has clothes they feel good in? Oh dear oh dear, this is not good...
38.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a black dress that I always feel very sexy in when I wear it and D always adores it when I put it on for a night out. Teamed with a pair of sexy heels I feel good in it. My wedding dress also made me feel great, I think it nipped and tucked all the right spots.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have this black singlet with sparkles that I wear a high neck shirt underneath I love it covers up fat days and I feel pretty not sure if it looks good as I think it does but it makes me feel nice.

I had another shirt I loved however I lost weight and now it looks like a sack *sigh* that shirt always looked good

- Funnily enough wedding dresses also make me feel beautiful, for once in my life having boobs, a waist and hips is not a bad thing :razz:

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
A good friend of mine goes through my closet every two or three years and pulls anything that is just dumpy (I''m a chronic dumpy clothes buyer but I''m recovering) worn out, too small etc...a la what not to wear. THEN we go buy a couple of things and she tells me why they work or don''t etc. I joke that she''s my personal shopper. So, anything I''ve bought with her, or I know fit her rules AND I love, I''m always happy to wear. I get dressed feeling confident I look my best. Of course she''s a bridesmaid
2.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 4:40:44 PM
MM, you look gorgeous!! That outfit is great--it''s spunky and fun and full of personality and you wear it with such attitude that you totally ROCK it and look FABULOUS! Love it!
36.gif
Thanks Gwen
9.gif

It''s hardly sexy and sophisticated though is it?! hahaha

I would LOVE to own just one outfit that made me feel like a sex bomb

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
What a great thread! I feel sexiest in dark jeans and a well-fitted, lightweight sweater. That''s why I loooove fall
2.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My work out pants- they make my butt look GREAT!!
36.gif

Hubby agrees.
41.gif
28.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dresses. I spent my teens and half my twenties dressing for the person I wanted to be in my head - the tough, cool punk-androgyne. And then I realized I''m actually a really curvy type who looks good in the ultra-feminine styles ... oy! But I feel MUCH better about myself in full skirted wrap dresses and corset tops then I ever did trying to squeeze into a man''s shirt and a clever vest ....

My favorite would probably be my BCBG champage silk dress. It has a built-in crinoline and enormous puffed sleeves and a long, long belt that ties into a tremendous bow. I feel like my waist is TINY when I wear it. TINY, I tell you!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my black high waisted skinny jeans (Nudie Jeans High Kai) and I wear them pretty much every day. I actually just bought a second pair because my first pair is getting worn out looking. Here they are, although I typically wear shirts with mine!
3.gif

highkaisdfasd.jpg

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple curve-hugging dresses that I really love when I wear them with heels. I always feel skinnier in heels and it makes me feel great. DH LOVES when I wear my skinny jeans though. He''s looking forward to fall and winter because it means I wear jeans a lot more
2.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I have two pairs of jeans that fit really well and make me look taller (I''m only 5''3"). Those with some black heels and a v neck top and I feel pretty darn good. Otherwise, BF of course love lingerie type stuff and I do feel sexy in that.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2009 12:16:02 PM
Author: thing2of2
I love my black high waisted skinny jeans (Nudie Jeans High Kai) and I wear them pretty much every day. I actually just bought a second pair because my first pair is getting worn out looking. Here they are, although I typically wear shirts with mine!
3.gif
HI:

They make nudie''s for women???? I just bought my son a pair--he is tall and very lean, and these jeans fit him perfectly and he looks fabu! (yes, I am a Mom!) We''ve found his brand!!

As for me--I am comfortable in everything I wear. Uniforms and lab coats for work are never flattering, but I try and make them my own with a bit of style--perhaps a hint of yellow gold??

cheers--Sharon

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m curvy if you look at me front-on (smaller waist with wider hips) but not at a side-view (flat butt and small chest).

I feel best in snug-but-giving cotton yoga pants and long-sleeve T-shirts. The thin, cozy, ultra-soft material feels great on my skin, and the snug but not restricting fabrics show off my curves. I wear these things for sleeping, working out, grocery shopping, and occasionally a late-night study session at school.

I also love cowl neck sweaters because I
30.gif
my collar bones. I have two sleeveless cowl neck sweaters, one cap-sleeve, and I''d like some longer-sleeved ones.

Come to think of it, I love sweaters in-general. Sweaters and nice fitted jackets. And scarves!! Fall clothing is the BEST.
1.gif

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love how I look in wrap dresses - I don''t wear them nearly often enough (I''m usually in slacker law student mode). But va-va-voom when I do!

I also have a few great suits that fit really well. More constricting, of course, but they make me feel powerful.

Otherwise, I love t-shirts with an elastic band on the bottom. Covers up my wibbly tummy!

I also just bought a pair of purple suede and python pumps...very excited to bust them out this fall!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Business suits.

Trouser suits, skirts and jacket, dress and jacket....
30.gif

I love to dress formally.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, this is a no brainer for me. My favourite little black dress....
2.gif

Copy of IMG_3019_1.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 4:03:21 PM
Author: Londongirl1
Ah, this is a no brainer for me. My favourite little black dress....
2.gif
Followed closely by my wedding dress but I haven''t officially worn that yet
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results