shape
carat
color
clarity

What clarity grade would you give this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RickJames

Rough_Rock
precious.jpg
I have just purchased this stone and have not proposed yet. I bought the diamond directly from a local jewelry manufacture. The specs are: 1.02Ct, Very good cut, I color, SI1, $4,200. When looking at the loose stone I could quickly spot the single black inclusion. Now that it is in the setting it is hard to see without a magnifier. After reading posts on this site, I’m beginning to question if this should be graded lower then a SI1. Sorry for such a bad picture. I will try to clean the ring and post better photos.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

Does the stone have a lab report?

The iridescent flashes caught my attention.

RickJames

Rough_Rock
I will probably be crucified for saying this but no, it is not lab certified. The company I bought this from is however reputable and highly recommended. Are the iridescent flashes a bad thing? This picture was taken with a normal top lit microscope. It was very hard to focus and prevent glare from the lighting.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Rick,

It is very likely that the flashes are not a concern.

However, this type of iridescent flash is found in fracture filled diamonds (clarity enhanced)

Again, I cannot diagnose your diamond from this photo.

If you have any concerns, it might be a good idea to get a professional opinion.

edited

JC

Shiny_Rock
RickJames....

I don''t think that I would rely to heavily on someone taking a look at a digital image and then providing an accurate clarity grade for this diamond. My advice would be for you to take the diamond to an independant appraiser to have professionally evaluated. You could also submitt your diamond to GIA as well and see how they grade the diamond. One of those two options will allow you to find out the true clarity grade of your diamond. Good luck...

9.gif

RickJames

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies. I will have the ring independently appraised, however I will not be able to sneak away to bring it for at least a week. I was hoping to get some opinions in the meantime so that I can stop worrying (hopefully). I was informed and assured that this is not a clarity-enhanced diamond.

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
what are irredecent flashes?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The iridescent flashes seen are normal spectral dispersion. Clarity enhanced flashes have a different look to them.

It''s difficult to tell from a photo, but the diamond appears to be a low SI1 or high SI2, depending on the contrast of the dark inclusion.

Rich

RickJames

Rough_Rock

Here are some more pics of the ring. The side stones total .48ct and are G-H, VS1. You can see the inclusion in the front profile view, just to the left of the center.

precious2.jpg
precious3.jpg

Hi, RJ:

I''m no expert, but if I was your fiance to be, I would drop on the floor if you showed up with that incredible ring! The setting is lovely, and the stone looks great in it!

I think it''s normal to have worries about such an expensive and important purchase, but if you love the way it looks, that''s what matters. All that said, I know you''re planning to take it to an independant appraiser - which is a very smart move.

Enjoy this very special time. The ring is beautiful, and she is a very lucky girl!

Smiles, Mary

RickJames

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your complements and kind words. I guess I just have my guard up a little too high. It is hard for me to accept any flaws because I want to give my gf the very best. I also understandably feel very vulnerable when buying something that I know only little about.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There must be luckyer SI1s out there (= with no black inlcusion under table, at least), although this one is no disaster either. Since "eye clean" is the whole point, you can see way better what difference this makes ot doesn't. It's not as important what the ring looks in a magnified picture, and what it does look like exactly in person,it anyone's guess from a picture...

A simple setting may be a safer bet, if you do not know specifically what she likes, IMO.

Just my 0.2, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results