carat
color
clarity

What Can The Passover Holiday Show US.?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

As I read an article on Passover I was struck learning again the meaning of the holy day. It is a celebration of the flight of the Jews from Egyptian slavery. They were free. How wonderful that Jews all over the world celebrate their freedom .I wondered why they were not asking for reparations from Egypt. After all it was a heinous act. But, they choose to celebrate and thank God they were delivered from this evil. This gratitude that we see, after terrible suffering, is the strength of the Jewish people. They rise up, and make the world a better place. The world, and the US would be wise to listen to their songs of gratitude every year.
Annette

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would guess its been 4000 years and there are no Pharaoh to get reparations from. Both Egypt and Israel have suffered in blood since.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Celts (and other peoples) were enslaved by the Romans, Rome was very much a slave economy. Slavery of the indigenous conquered people has gone on for millennia. The only true way to effect reparations is the proper taxation of the rich.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results