shape
carat
color
clarity

What bling gift to mark a special birthday?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a milestone birthday coming up and I need some bling to soften the blow 8)

Just curious, what would you choose, or what did you choose, for your own milestone bling gift(s)? A special birthday, a work accomplishment, an anniversary?

Bonus points for pictures.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'd ask for a pair of diamond stud earrings. OMCs, preferably.

What are you thinking about so far?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
What's missing from your collection? I'd choose something classic, like a pair of studs, or a tennis bracelet.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
So many people I know are turning 40 this year! Happy birthday soon! I am going on a trip for my milestone birthday but I need to wait 4 years. What about Diamond Hoops; I remember you saying you loved hoops!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm turning 40 in Dec so milestone gift is on my mind. For sure diamond earrings or a diamond pendant. How about making an OEC into a solitaire pendant?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1352336780|3300819 said:
So many people I know are turning 40 this year! Happy birthday soon! I am going on a trip for my milestone birthday but I need to wait 4 years. What about Diamond Hoops; I remember you saying you loved hoops!

Where are you going to go, Skippy?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1352334366|3300788 said:
I have a milestone birthday coming up and I need some bling to soften the blow 8)

Just curious, what would you choose, or what did you choose, for your own milestone bling gift(s)? A special birthday, a work accomplishment, an anniversary?

Bonus points for pictures.
how many miles?... :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were a wedding anniversary, the 35th is Coral or Jade, and 40 is Ruby - not sure which number milestone you are celebrating, but would it an item with a coloured stone in it be of interest?

An antique pendant or bracelet? or a band that has a combination of diamonds + that stone? What are you missing in your wish list? If you could have ANYTHING at all out there--- is there a certain bling item that you really lust after?

Fun having to narrow down the options! I hope the milestone birthday is a good one for you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go for diamond studs or a nice watch (love the Cartier Tank style)!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased my 4.5 ctw eternity from ERD for my 30th birthday this year (and winning a large project the same year). It's classic and I'll have it forever, it was the perfect birthday present :)

Here's a pic :bigsmile:

Good luck with selection and happy early birthday!

img_1971.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a nice watch so I'd get the Cartier Santos Demoiselle:

Of course I'm the odd duck that like petite watches.

Somehow I find significant jewelry to be more romantic and therefore a touch more suited to anniversaries or other milestones that you share with your partner. But a fine watch to me seems to be a great "you've made it!" token. Not sure if that makes sense!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352344049.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am turning 35, which is a milestone for me for some reason. I am much more... affected... by 35 than I am by 40 at this point in time.

I don't have any plans, just in the dreaming stage. I only have my e-ring, so its a wide open playing field :lol: I think studs are out though. Been there and it was not my bag.

Mostly just interested in what other people did or plan to do!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A watch would be nice. I think you are maybe working on a pendant already? I just rarely wear a bracelet so that isn't near the top of my list. What about a RHR like a 5 stone or a colored gemstone ring?

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
For the last milestone birthday I had, DH bought me a lovely diamond and sapphire necklace (sorry, no pics, bad PSer!), but I rarely wear it. Too dressy.

I have another milestone birthday beginning to loom too. I want this:

_1741.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my rule book (which you can borrow any time you want :naughty: ), a significant milestone means you get to choose whatever you want for whatever you want to spend - a nice place to be!

What is your heart's desire? How about a beautiful colored stone? :Up_to_something: Dangly, sparkly earrings!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to agree w/others in going classic. For me I'd do maybe a tennis bracelet, stacking band, or diamond hoops. I'm a ring girl so I typically go that route, but bracelets are nice. I'm looking toward the Cartier trinity bracelet but I've never had bangles so I'm still on the fence about that. :D

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a single lady at 35 and bought the house we live in now but it wasn't in celebration of the year or anything. FWIW, I kinda think of the 0's as the big ones. 30, I bought myself a Tiffany tank watch & a trip to Europe. At 40 I pierced my ears for *future* bling -- feeling pretty full up o' bling already w/my relatively recent engagement ring & wedding band! (And feeling a bit broke after all that & the wedding too!)

If 35 means a lot to you -- I'd urge you to get something you see yourself wanting to keep.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :wavey:

For my 30th, I got my first pair of diamond studs. They have been upgraded a few times ( ;)) ) in size, although all pre PS.
For my first mother's day since the birth of our DD, I got my Diamond star pendant.
For our tenth wedding anniversary, I got my diamond huggies, again pre PS.
For my 40th, I got my diamond tennis bracelet. I adore it and it makes me feel very glamourous when I wear it, even after almost 3 years.
For our 15th wedding anniversary, I got my upgrade RB and my VC Emilya Halo and matching eternity.
For my first Oziversary, (first year in Australia :tongue: ) I got a Tiffany DBTY necklace.

(I think those are all my significant gifts since engagement and wedding rings. :bigsmile: )

Now for my 50th, if I haven't already bought it myself, I will go for a watch, probably Cartier or perhaps Rolex. I do have several good watches, one with diamonds (bought after the birth of our daughter), that I love but I want a statement watch, sooner rather than later.

I know you have mentioned a necklace project in the making so I am guessing you will either go for diamond huggies or a diamond braclet/ bangle.

Either way, I can't wanit to see what you end up with!!

:wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :wavey:

For my 30th, I got my first pair of diamond studs. They have been upgraded a few times ( ;)) ) in size, although all pre PS.
For my first mother's day since the birth of our DD, I got my Diamond star pendant.
For our tenth wedding anniversary, I got my diamond huggies, again pre PS.
For my 40th, I got my diamond tennis bracelet. I adore it and it makes me feel very glamourous when I wear it, even after almost 3 years.
For our 15th wedding anniversary, I got my upgrade RB and my VC Emilya Halo and matching eternity.
For my first Oziversary, (first year in Australia :tongue: ) I got a Tiffany DBTY necklace.

(I think those are all my significant gifts since engagement and wedding rings. :bigsmile: )

Now for my 50th, if I haven't already bought it myself, I will go for a watch, probably Cartier or perhaps Rolex. I do have several good watches, one with diamonds (bought after the birth of our daughter), that I love but I want a statement watch, sooner rather than later.

I know you have mentioned a necklace project in the making so I am guessing you will either go for diamond huggies or a diamond braclet/ bangle.

Either way, I can't wanit to see what you end up with!!

:wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for the double posts!!

I was trying to correct my typo's and my internet connection crashed. Hopefully it makes sense. To embarassed to look!! :oops:

:bigsmile:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
My sister has kept a journal since she was a teen and kept a list of stuff she wanted when she had the money. She still refers to this list to fulfill her dreams. I guess it is like her bucket list of wishes to fulfill before she dies. Is there anything you have coveted that you still want?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer, I know you and I are similar in loving deals - might I suggest something gorgeous that you covet that is hard to come across in any way other than to order direct? A Van Craeynest stacker or Singlestone band, perhaps?

My milestone birthdays have actually all been downhill since 21. For 21, my dad surprised me with my gorgeous rough diamond ring, which I still wear. 25 was a marching necklace which I just never wear: 30, a paraiba ring that went horribly wrong in execution. That same year I bought myself a RHR that I never ever wear (hm ... Again, I think perhaps I should get over to Pre-loved). I'm coming up in 35 the year after next, and trying to be sensible about what to get, too - like many have suggested, am leaning towards a dream watch! In my case, the Parmigiani with the red face, or a Cartier Tank: suppose I will spend the next year deciding!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I just turned 35 a few weeks ago and I got my DBTY to mark the occasion (a few months early). So obviously disregard my previous statement about saving bling for "romantic" moments! I love this necklace so much. And part of what I love about it is that it was a significant gift to me from me. I've never really done that before and it felt great!!!

When I saw this on eBay, I thought of you:

Weren't you hoping for a yellow antique diamond? I would love one some day too so I keep an eye out. I think this would look awesome in a 22kt yellow gold double bezel. Yum...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1352385295.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I got the bezel band in my avatar for my 30th birthday in 2011. I liked that it was under the budget my DH gave me, but still felt expensive enough to be meaningful (i.e. not a cheapo $100 eBay thing). I know you don't want earrings, and you probably wouldn't wear a pendant. What about a bracelet? DBTY or even just a solitaire?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1352377222|3301017 said:
Dreamer, I know you and I are similar in loving deals - might I suggest something gorgeous that you covet that is hard to come across in any way other than to order direct? A Van Craeynest stacker or Singlestone band, perhaps?

My milestone birthdays have actually all been downhill since 21. For 21, my dad surprised me with my gorgeous rough diamond ring, which I still wear. 25 was a marching necklace which I just never wear: 30, a paraiba ring that went horribly wrong in execution. That same year I bought myself a RHR that I never ever wear (hm ... Again, I think perhaps I should get over to Pre-loved). I'm coming up in 35 the year after next, and trying to be sensible about what to get, too - like many have suggested, am leaning towards a dream watch! In my case, the Parmigiani with the red face, or a Cartier Tank: suppose I will spend the next year deciding!

This is a great idea! I'd go with something you wouldn't normally go for-a splurge either in dollar amount, or just mentally by paying full price.

And I'm with minousbijoux-for a special occasion, I like to get whatever I want!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have beautiful, Blingy jewelry, don't get me wrong, but for milestone birthdays I go for meaning. For my 50th I got a beautiful .50 ctw three stone bypass ring in ideal cut diamonds. The ct weight reminds me of the occasion. My 35th anniversary is coming up and I am thinking a .35 ctw DBTY necklace with 5 x .07 stones.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I like everyone's ideas so far. If it were me, I might get a Cartier watch or as Circe suggested, pay retail for something you can't find pre-loved that you've been wanting for awhile. Something from Van Craeynest would be nice! If you don't have a diamond pendant/necklace, that might be a great idea too. Rosebloom mentioned something about a yellow old cut diamond. I've seen one on eBay that's GIA certified and low enough in color if you're interested in going that route. ;))

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm turning 39 in December and i'm kind of depressed coz i understand that this will be the last birthday of my thirties and i'm getting officially...old :cry: I totally hate it... :blackeye: DH said that he will have a ring made for me in order to cheer me up...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
On 2nd thought - I would not splurge a great deal on a 35th birthday present to myself. Because, simply, it won't feel important IN RETROSPECT. It may feel important *now*. But it won't later. So having a nice watch or something from your 35th will just be any other possesion you own. Won't feel "special". IMHO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results