shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your traffic pet peeves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 2:17:11 PM
Author: hoofbeats95

I''m currently cranky at all the semi trucks and regular trucks with trailers driving the 65 mph speed limit or higher on our interstates when the speed limit for them is 55mph. I''m only cranky cause I got a ticket hauling my horse earlier this summer for not obeying my 55mph speed limit. At the time I didn''t know that applied to me. Now I see all these people with all kinds of trailers flying down the road. They should get stopped!
If only we could snap our fingers and cops be there with all these crazy drivers out there! I know there have definitely been maaaaany times I''ve wished a cop could catch the person flying in and out of lanes between cars, going 90 mph.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ll never understand why people don''t use cruise control on the highway.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 11:32:34 AM
Author: Fly Girl
I hate tailgaters.

This summer DD was learning to drive, and it was very necessary for her to not exceed the speed limit. You can''t get your license to drive with a speeding ticket.
20.gif
And, I don''t want her using cruise control just yet. Everyone around here speeds 5 to 10 miles over the limit so they were always tailgating us. Remember, everyone, that driver ahead of you may just be learning. Be nice.

ACK...... tailgaters, me toooo, can''t stand them.... they drive me crazy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate people who double park in the middle of the city, they put on their emergency lights so they can just wait there for somebody. It''s annoying because everyone seems to do it, so you have to weave all over the road to avoid the stupid double parked cars.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 10:45:53 AM
Author: kenny
This is for parking not traffic but I hate then some moron parks takes up two places in a parking lot because they have a new car, expensive car, pimped out car or whatever!

They don't want the cars next to them to ding their car with a door.
They don't want to get dinged, but they're begging to be keyed.

I saw one idiot taking up FOUR spaces. Four. At a busy movie theater the night The Dark Knight came out. People parked around him (thinking he was seeing it too). Turns out his movie got out just as ours started, so he sat in his car, stuck, for almost 3 hours.

It was awesome.

ETA: I should add that, in a town of Maserati's, Ferraris, and a Lotus or two, this car was a Mustang.
20.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
people who talk on their cell phones or text while trying to drive,change lanes, or make left hand turns!If you remember i was hit this last november by a kid trying to text and drive at the same time!
29.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My pet peeve is bicyclists who don''t obey traffic laws. Last week, I saw a man on a bicycle run a red light at a busy downtown intersection (coasting at least 25 mph downhill) while cars were driving in the other direction on a green light. He nearly caused a multi-car accident--not to mention his own death. I could not believe he would be so stupid!

I have no problem sharing the road and looking out for bicyclists, but when they recklessly endanger themselves and others, I get so upset. The driver (who had the right of way!) who might hit that bicyclist would be sentenced to a lifetime of guilt when the idiot died. Unacceptable!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 3:50:25 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I''ll never understand why people don''t use cruise control on the highway.
I often don''t use it because too many drivers tap their brakes, vary their speed, and drive unpredictably. Using cruise control for 30 seconds at a time is just not worth it to me.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Everyday I get furious while driving. For the most part it seems like on one knows how to drive but me.
*the people that pull out in front of you when there is no one behind you and then makes a turn a half a block up the street.
*when I am on the interstate and there all 3 cars all in a row driving slow and there is no way to pass any of them
*people leave their high beams on when they are approaching
*people drive slow. like really slow on a major road that is only 1 lane and you cannot get around them
*people with obnoxiously loud vehicles. That really gets me. I think that is the worst
*people that own fast cars and are too afraid to put the pedal to the metal
*people that haven''t learned how to yield

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Rubbernecking
People who cannot follow arrows for instance in construction zones or parking garages.
red light runners- I wish Las Vegas would hurry up & install some red light cameras, we really need them here.
People who wait until the last minute to merge & those who will not let them in creating backups.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Two years in California have made me want to make up bumper stickers that "Turn Signals: NOT JUST FOR OTHER PEOPLE."

I would either make a fortune, or perform a public service, or both.

Also, what is up with those people who feel the need to go into the fast lane and then cruise along at 65? THERE ARE THREE OTHER LANES FOR THAT.

As you can tell, driving throws me into the ALL-CAPS OF RAGE.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have a today''s special...

I was waiting to turn left, (the road I was on ended and I''d have to turn right or left)...so I was stopped and waiting for traffic to turn/clear, there about 4 or 5 cars turning onto the road I was turning off of (these cars were turning right) but not all of them had their turn signals on, which means they could have been going straight, so I wasn''t about to assume they were ALL turning right and make a left turn in front of them...but the pushy woman behind me lays on her horn, like I should have turned already! I NEVER take a turn signal for granted (people can have their turn signal on and NOT actually turn) and NO WAY am I going to pull out and make a left in front of someone who doesn''t even have their right turn signal on! Then this woman ended up behind me (on winding country roads, no passing) and I was behind someone else, who was going the speed limit...man was that woman on my bumper the whole way! I hope she had to pee and wet her pants. I HATE tailgaters!
29.gif
Especially when they SEE I can''t go any faster than the car ahead of me.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/21/2009 11:45:33 AM
Author: elrohwen

My other one is brake tappers. Now I know that my standard transmission will slow itself down more (especially on hills) than an automatic if I just take my foot off the gas. However, it really really bugs me when people tap their brakes all the time for no good reason. Then I have to tap my brakes, because I assume you''re slowing down for a reason, then everyone taps their brakes, and it''s just annoying. Only use your brakes when necessary, don''t randomly tap them the whole time you''re driving.

Good lord, DITTO to this one. Have they confused the breaks with old Singer treadle sewing machines?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just tell you all that when reading this thread I feel like my blood pressure gets a little higher? I am thankful to live in a place now where my commute is 15 miles and only takes about 12 minutes. Last time I had a 15 mile commute it took me 45 minutes on a good day.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I had to revive this thread since my blood was boiling today.....what is wrong with common courtesy??? Why do cars have blinkers??? Why are there speed limits??? Why do police pull speeders over on the freeway???

What is wrong with drivers today.....were they not taught manners or have a lack of common sense??? IMO, manners should be part of the driving test!!!

Lori

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when a woman driver ZOOMMM pass me at 100 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results