shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your parents'' political leanings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My Dad was a democrat until the mid-90's when his views became much more consertive. He is registered as an independant, but always votes republician. He is a fisical consertive, he does not agree with the social views of the republician party.

My mother was always liberal, and my stepdad still is liberal. My stepdad has been voting democratic for the last several years.

I can't be boxed into one political party, some of my beliefs would go on the conserative side, and some are very liberal (my dad attributes those to me being younger
38.gif
). I look at every issue and make a decision. I always approach elections with an open mind every time, and am willing to hear the views of both canidates before I decide who I vote for.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I initially registered as a Democrat because that is what my Mother was and so I just naturally followed the family line. I evolved over time to come to my own decisions after having bounced around a few parties because I never found a party whose entire platform I could embrace.

Now my Mother votes the same as my StepFather who is a Republican which is probably the result of being a former Navy man from Texas. It has been interesting to watch my Mother transform into a staunch Republican without being able to explain the reasons why. I see nothing wrong with changing party affliliation as I think it says a lot about the transformation and growth of a person''s belief system that is the direct result of educating themselves and feeling more of an affinity to one party line vs. another throughout their life. But voting blindly because your spouse votes a certain way has always made me think that is a weakness or a cop out.

My Dad hated politics and never trusted them and I am not sure that he even voted.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My parents are hard core conservative republicans. A lot of their political views have been infiltrated into me, as is true for anyone (or mostly anyone) who grows up with such strong beliefs being shared regularly. However, I don''t think that the republicans today are the same republicans of the past, and for that reason, I''m not a hard core republican. At all, for that matter.

I''m for sure a conservative (particularly on social issues) and I''m a big believer in upholding the constitutional rights we have in this country. It''s what makes our country special, after all. I don''t label myself republican and am not registered as a republican, but for the most part, I align myself much more on the side of republican principles over democratic ones.

But, I still love Ron Paul and wish that we had the "hope for America" theme running strong. He was truly a candidate I could believe in!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My mother is a somewhat liberal Democrat. My father is a bit tricky. He''s a Evangelical Christian and he''s registered as a Republican, however, I think because he has a gay son, and he''s a man of science, he''s become somewhat liberal socially. He''s very much a supporter of evolution and he is also pro-choice. Fiscally, he is very conservative. I know he voted for Al Gore when Bush first ran and the second go around, he decided not to vote. He''s voting for Obama this time. My stepmother is very, very liberal.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother is a very liberal democrat. My father is a democrat, but he''s not nearly as involved or interested in politics as my mother. My maternal grandmother is an extremely liberal democrat.

I lean left, although I spent quite a bit of time identifying as a libertarian.

Question--Why are so many people including their religion on their responses? Did I miss something?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I added religion to mine because I thought it was relevant and interesting. I think that Penn's father is absolutely fascinating--and it's mostly because he's an Evangelical that votes Dem sometimes. I think it's interesting that my parents are Catholic and totally liberal...

...not going to keep going.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 12:44:14 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I added religion to mine because I thought it was relevant and interesting. I think that Penn''s father is absolutely fascinating--and it''s mostly because he''s an Evangelical that votes Dem sometimes. I think it''s interesting that my parents are Catholic and totally liberal...

...not going to keep going.

I think my father is able to separate his religious views from his political views. Nate comes from a Catholic family and his parents are liberal for the most part, but he''s somewhat to the right of center. I think he changed his registration to independent.

The vast majority of my paternal relatives are hardcore Evangelical (Southern Baptist) Republicans and they will always vote Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results