shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite things about Summer???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was curious what you love about summer??? Summer is my favorite season
10.gif
I love ice tea, barbecues, and swimming outside.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Summer fruit. BBQs. Long days. Cold beer.

The general air of contentment.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Skippy this is a fun one! I like swimming and SCUBA in the ocean, visiting my grandmother, getting snoballs (most ppl call them snow cones; I think it is a term used by Marylanders), going out late on those lovely summer nights, and even though I''m not in school anymore where I got summers off, I love that feeling of freedom that comes with the warm weather!
10.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Raspberries that aren''t mushy from having to travel from where they ARE in season

Wearing tank tops--at NIGHT!

Reading outside

Taking my dog to the beach and watching him go nuts digging in the sand

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LOVE summer!!

--walks on warm nights
--''just right'' breezes from open windows
--barbeques!
--black iced tea
--icy cold mojitos
--seeing more of friends and family
--everyone looks better with a tan
--summer clothing, so freeing!
--showing off the pedicure
--walking over to get ice cream in the evenings
--sun doesn''t go down til almost 9pm
--the freshest sweetest fruits (watermelon!!)

i could go on forever.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blackberries, iced tea and leamonade, BBQs, school vacation (I''m a teacher), swimming (when I can -- I might join a town pool nearby this summer), and catching up on good books.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 7:39:00 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Oooh Skippy this is a fun one! I like swimming and SCUBA in the ocean, visiting my grandmother, getting snoballs (most ppl call them snow cones; I think it is a term used by Marylanders), going out late on those lovely summer nights, and even though I'm not in school anymore where I got summers off, I love that feeling of freedom that comes with the warm weather!
10.gif
Thanks LoveIB
9.gif
I love your lists, Mara, ZoeB, TG, Love, and Musey
9.gif

One thing I learned was a bonus to summer is a tan. My *diamond looks EXTRA white* w/a tan on me.
31.gif
31.gif
hehehe

I love hearing the birds when I wake up in the morning and the sun being out by 6 am and the longer days.
I also love having friends over for drinks.
2.gif
Summer makes me have a big ole fat smile since it is so wonderful!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love summer too!

- Long days
- The sun and warm breezes
- Taking walks and not being freezing cold
- Getting to wear summer clothes - tanks and flip flops!
- Getting a tan
- Iced tea and iced coffee
- Catching rainbows shooting off my diamonds in the sunlight

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun thread miss Skippy

Picnics on the beach
BBQ''s
summer clothes, love''em
summer fruit
keeping the windows open
summer breezes
walking to the local market to get an ice cream cone, in Nantucket
swimming
sunsets

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Diggin in the yard!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Summer in my least favorite season
15.gif
15.gif

At least it is since I moved to Florida!. All I wish for summer is to be hurricane-free!!
9.gif

I guess Florida''s Spring and Fall are more like your summer
9.gif
...then I love BBQs!!! riding bikes along the beach, going out for walks, cute little shorts and tank tops!.

M~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not having to say, nor repeat myself about the dreaded.....homework
34.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Going barefoot.

Open windows.

Sitting on my new patio, drinking whatever beverage is appropriate at the time.
9.gif

Laying in a pool.

Fishing (though we lost our fishing hole, haven''t been in ages).

Laying in bed at night with the windows open listening to the locusts sing.

Going to the winery not far from here, which is perched on the edge of a bluff looking out over the Mississippi River. Sitting on the deck, having a drink, listening to a good band, as the sun sets.
30.gif

Going on my yearly visit to see my SIL in Ohio.

Tan skin, white diamonds.
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I love all that, and that the pressure is off of me with the schedules of the three kids, all the running around. It is nice to have a breather and my kids love camp and have a ball, they get to be carefree and enjoy themselves...and recharge for the fall.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Like Mandarine....I like summer the least too.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I live in Houston where it is EXTREMELY hot and humid all day long. I don't want to go for a walk....I don't want to get in my car....I don't want to tan outside...I don't want to eat on my patio. It's just miserable to me.
15.gif
Two seconds outside and I am dripping in sweat and I need a shower. MILLIONS of mosquitos...way more than I'm used to, and that's AFTER a truck goes by spraying bug spray. And my HAIR.......
14.gif
diana ross all year round.

I do miss summers in Maine though. I remember looking forward to them all year long. I was actually talking to my friend back home today about it. I really miss spring, where the snow piles have almost completely melted...but not quite....and everything is wet and shiny...and it smells like rain even though it's sunny outside. ::sigh::

When I did live in Maine, my favorite things about summer were walking on the beach, la kermesse (a french/american festival that comes to town every summer) the sound of the ice cream truck...sandals, tans, the amusement parks opening, all the tourists coming to their beach houses, 4th of july, barbeques, campfires on the beach, skirts and dresses, camping, watching baseball games.......the list goes on and on!

I MISS MISSING SUMMER!

ETA: I forgot to mention the breeze, the sound of crickets at night, and all the beautiful colors! And sleeping in sheets! And having a very low electric bill!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great thread Skippy - summer is my favorite season too!

I love . . .

wearing sandals and flip flops

eating ice cream

smelling freshly mowed grass

drinking coffee on my patio in the mornings

and fireworks.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to answer in typical fashion, so hear goes... I love the sound of small airplanes and lawn mowers. To me both of those bring out feelings that nothing else can.

I love staying up late and not having to be up at a particular time. Hehehe

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love crab feasts! When I was younger, my family would always get (and we still do it sometimes) a bushel of crabs and we''d have a cookout!

We have a beach house we go to in Duck, NC every year and that''s always fun. I''m not a big beach person but I love hangin'' with the fam for a few days and reading as many books as possible. I can usually read at least 7 or 8 books in one weekend at the beach!

I also love the long days and getting a tiny bit tan. (But not too much because I don''t want to look old or get skin cancer!)

And I LOVE the World Cup. (Women''s and men''s.) I know they only happen every 4 years but I still love the summers when they''re happening!

suzi

Shiny_Rock
No school
No homework
Gardening
Softball games under the lights
Popcicles
Rootbeer Floats
Lightening Bugs
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee. This is what I posted on the "things you've done on a dare thread": streaking, skinnydipping and kissing. Not that I still do these things, and not that I did them all the time when I did do them. At the time it was a very wild summer...perhaps my favorite!
6.gif
4.gif
3.gif
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love summer too! My favorite things are flip flops, taking care of my flowers, playing with the dogs outside all evening after dinner or walking them, and seeing neighbors because we all hole up inside all winter long (Chicago, boo! to the frozen north, lol!). Also, I love summer thunderstorms that come along and just cool things off on a hot summer day and being able to go right back outside when they are over, or when it storms late at night and the morning seems so much fresher and everything looks green again in the middle of July. Speaking of July...I love the 4th, and fireworks, and BBQ''s, and getting together with friends...

And I LOVE straw hats with wide brims...I got one from J.Crew last summer with grosgrain ribbon trim inside. DH loves it on me and I wear it with flowy gauze skirts and tank tops and flip flops.

I used to love the sound of crickets chirping at night when I lived in Indiana...and I loved staying outside after sundown and looking at all the stars in the inky black sky, and millions of fireflies lighting up the pastures.

Oh! and I love the smell of fresh mown hay or a fresh cut grass! I sometimes have allergies, but I don''t mind a drippy nose and scratchy throat at all in the summer, hee hee. And sweet corn on the cob made on the grill...ah the food during summer with all the fresh produce available is TDF. MMmmm.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Summer is my favorite season! and not just because it''s my name!!!

I love:

- my birthday
- wearing sandals everywhere
- letting my hair dry on its own
- the sun is still up when I get home
- DC tends to RELAX in the summer
- margaritas on the patio... ANY patio
- barbecues
- grilled sweet corn
- iced tea
- swimming at night
- summer casual at work!!!
- PARTIES

The only thing I don''t like is that when people say "What do you like about Summer?" I somehow think they are talking about me!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 8:44:16 PM
Author: Mandarine

At least it is since I moved to Florida!. All I wish for summer is to be hurricane-free!!
9.gif

ha, Mandarine. I have family in Florida and they always say even too hot for satan himself in the summer there. They pretty much stay inside or if they are outside, must be by some type of body of water.

My favorite things about summer:

daylight until 9:00pm
lots of swimming and pool time with the kids
picnic lunches and snacks during *rest period* at the pool
evening walks to the Dairy Dip for ice cream and rootbeer floats
iced coffee drinks
flip flops
BBQ''s
summer tans
sitting on the rocking chairs on our front porch early in the morning with coffee or once the sun goes down with a cold beverage.
boating
going to the Beach!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Easy breezy billowy summer dresses. And sandals. Ah!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy: this is for you....playing with my son on my green lawn...hee hee...for some reason, you said my old avatar reminded you of that & its stuck with me. oy...I pricescope too much. LOL.

I love to grill, drink iced tea on my deck with friends.

I love to water my flowers in the early morning, with the soft sun & crisp morning breeze on my shoulders.

I love that it doesn''t get dark until 9pm.

I love wearing sandals.

I love that my son gets more joy out of being outside than anywhere else and we just grab snacks, water, and sunscreen & he plays for HOURS happily.

I love drinking sangria at night with friends on my deck...with my lights twinkling

I love dining al fresco at great restaurants downtown with my hubby.

Summer is great here...after 9months of rain, its always such a gift.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah my garden in early summer is the best. by late summer it''s looking pretty haggard from the heat. and watering in the morning is a huge love for me as well. and root beer floats. yum.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 1:13:21 PM
Author: divergrrl
Skippy: this is for you....playing with my son on my green lawn...hee hee...for some reason, you said my old avatar reminded you of that & its stuck with me. oy...I pricescope too much. LOL.
Diver, I love that! Thanks. Your son is a doll and you are too. I saw those pics of you and your gorgeous!

I just love summer and everyone is making me love it more. hehehe

I like the cool breezes in the evening and staying out late walking w/hubby. I like everyones ice cream walks and I LOVE to ask for patio seating during this time.
9.gif

I will come back later and write more; off to lunch w/hubby.
2.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about summer!

- BBQ parties
- Iced tea with lemon
- Daylight until 9pm or later
- Talking the dogs for extra long walks around the neighborhood
- Sparkly diamonds in the summer sum
- Blonder hair
- Working in the garden
- My birthday!
- My wedding anniversary!
- Cedar Point
- Non-spinning wedding rings
- Light, airy clothes
- Sandals
- Time away from the [dance] studio
- No panyhose
- No chapped lips and really dry skin
- NO SNOW
- Not having to drive in snow
- Not having to wake up 1/2 hour early to wipe snow off of car
- Not having to leave the house 1/2 hour early to drive to work in the snow
- Not leaving the office only to spend a bunch of time wiping snow off of car to go home
- Not spending extra time on the road driving home from work in the snow

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Mandarine and Luckystar about summer. It''s too hot here in the FL panhandle.

It''s too hot to go barefoot outside. The sand (our yard) is too hot to walk on. The deck is too hot to walk on. Even the grass we do have is too hot.

I love the longer daylight hours. But that means it''s usually 80+ at 6 am with temps rising quickly to the mid 90''s well before noon.

I love bbq''s. But, there''s a burn ban in our area and they''re trying to say "NO bbq". That''s just WRONG!!!!

I love wearing tank tops and shorts, summery dresses, and flip flops, but get to do that 9 mos of the year anyway.

I love being in the pool. But, it''s usually too hot between 10-2 unless I want to get burned. And I still burn even after my initial tan....but do get darker.

I love being tan. But I''m always several shades darker than alot of people when I''m not tan.....lol.

We rarely go to the beach in the summer. Even though there is usually a breeze, it''s hot.

Love to go get an ice cream cone, but eat it inside.

Picos

Rough_Rock
Sun tea! In my lovely climate I can pretty much make it anytime during the spring but I always wait ''till Summer. Nothing says summer like seeing a huge pitcher on my porch with sun tea waiting! I think I''ll put some outside later.

That and storms! We get the most awsome & scary storms in the summer. Hail, winds, etc. Of course, there''s also the threat of a hurricane. During the summer it seems like the whole city is on thier toes, waiting. They''re either waiting for the next storm or waiting for the cloudless day to drive down to the beach!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results