shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite jewelry websites?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Share with the forum members your favorite jewelry oriented websites that you frequent and enjoy.It would be fun to include any photos or information that we might be interested in as jewelry lovers.I enjoy the designer websites like Fred Leighton.com for the exceptional one of a kind jewels and auction house websites for the same reason.This is a great forum and im enjoying being a member!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlman's because they show so many rings and prices which allows for lots of ideas and options.
9.gif
They allow you the option to enlarge the pic too! http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

I love Good Old Gold's tutorials and pics of diamond color variations; very helpful to the consumer!!! http://www.goodoldgold.com/

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege for me!!
30.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 1:11:35 PM
Author: Skippy123
Pearlman''s because they show so many rings and prices which allows for lots of ideas and options.
9.gif
They allow you the option to enlarge the pic too! http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

I love Good Old Gold''s tutorials and pics of diamond color variations; very helpful to the consumer!!! http://www.goodoldgold.com/
This is a good site ... I like the fact that Pearlman''s has so many designers to look at as well.

eac

Shiny_Rock
For Serious Diamonds, I go to these two sites:

http:///www.clay-pot.com - A great mix of modern designs and classic diamonds.

http://www.brynmawrjewelers.com - Lots of ravishing antique rings, displayed in exceptional close-ups when you click on them.

For funky modern designs I check out:

http://www.twistonline.com - Stuff from very of-the-moment designers like Me & Ro and Cathy Waterman.

http://www.etsy.com - Lots of very affordable pieces and some radical higher-end jewels, too - search for "diamonds" and "18k" together and see what comes up.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Although I love the sheer enormity of the Fay Cullen site - you see lots of the same design over and over again. And, I''m not entirely convinced that their "vintage" or "antique" is not really code for "reproduction".

Topazery.com will always be a site I go back to; they have the real deal and for less $$, the reproductions. A fairly wide selection with some wonderful gems at reasonable (but not cheap) prices; great customer service; and they are upfront in letting you know if any item has damage or wear.

For new stuff, ylang23dallas has designer jewelry - more the artsy craftsy look -- but some high end stuff too like Cathy Waterman and Lucie Campbell.

I''m in Texas, so of course I have plenty of James Avery jewelry; several pieces I wear daily/weekly. If you have never seen his site, you''re missing some wonderful wearable art. Another well known Texas designer is Jeep Collins.

Prior to my e-ring, I was not really into "major jewelry". I have always gravitated toward semi-precious stones, sterling over gold, interesting looking pieces; and have stayed far away from the average standard pieces sold in every B&M store and mall in America. So, I would love to know from other PSers if they have found some sites that sell affordable and interesting jewelry. ??

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I''m partial to older stuff, so I like:

http://www.rauantiques.com/~Jewelry.html

and

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
I''m a fan of most of the sites above, and also of www.jrdunn.com
(wide range), and for genuine Irish/Celtic symbolic jewellery,
http://www.briandestaic.com

For a general idea:

gráinneearrings.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 12:19:08 PM
Author: Ninama

I''m partial to older stuff, so I like:

http://www.rauantiques.com/~Jewelry.html

and

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/
... and older looking stuff.

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
Ah, the joys of no editing option.

The above should read: genuine as in
designed specifically with archtypical
Irish features/dimensions in mind. This tends
to separate it from more widely available
similar jewellery.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 10:43:53 AM
Author: HollyS
Although I love the sheer enormity of the Fay Cullen site - you see lots of the same design over and over again. And, I''m not entirely convinced that their ''vintage'' or ''antique'' is not really code for ''reproduction''.

Topazery.com will always be a site I go back to; they have the real deal and for less $$, the reproductions. A fairly wide selection with some wonderful gems at reasonable (but not cheap) prices; great customer service; and they are upfront in letting you know if any item has damage or wear.

For new stuff, ylang23dallas has designer jewelry - more the artsy craftsy look -- but some high end stuff too like Cathy Waterman and Lucie Campbell.

I''m in Texas, so of course I have plenty of James Avery jewelry; several pieces I wear daily/weekly. If you have never seen his site, you''re missing some wonderful wearable art. Another well known Texas designer is Jeep Collins.

Prior to my e-ring, I was not really into ''major jewelry''. I have always gravitated toward semi-precious stones, sterling over gold, interesting looking pieces; and have stayed far away from the average standard pieces sold in every B&M store and mall in America. So, I would love to know from other PSers if they have found some sites that sell affordable and interesting jewelry. ??
Holly, I love ylang23dallas. I was searching for Temple St Claire pieces and stumbled upon ylangs.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 3:43:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Although I love the sheer enormity of the Fay Cullen site - you see lots of the same design over and over again. And, I'm not entirely convinced that their 'vintage' or 'antique' is not really code for 'reproduction'.

I'm in Texas, so of course I have plenty of James Avery jewelry; several pieces I wear daily/weekly. If you have never seen his site, you're missing some wonderful wearable art. Another well known Texas designer is Jeep Collins.

Prior to my e-ring, I was not really into 'major jewelry'. I have always gravitated toward semi-precious stones, sterling over gold, interesting looking pieces; and have stayed far away from the average standard pieces sold in every B&M store and mall in America. So, I would love to know from other PSers if they have found some sites that sell affordable and interesting jewelry. ??
Holly, I love ylang23dallas. I was searching for Temple St Claire pieces and stumbled upon ylangs.
FYI: Temple St. Claire used to be owned by Tiffany & Company. It was sort of a joint venture to bring her look into the public light, but it seems it wasn't as profitable as they hoped and it's been sold off...

Jewelerman, I work by 47th street. Online to me things may be nice, but I need to TRY them ON!
30.gif
Quality is not discernable unless done in person... I am a quality fanatic.
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wait...I take it back:

Christies, Sothebys, Doyle, Bonhams, Skinner, Dupuis, DuMouchelle, Heritage... and the list goes on...

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Although I love the sheer enormity of the Fay Cullen site - you see lots of the same design over and over again. And, I''m not entirely convinced that their ''vintage'' or ''antique'' is not really code for ''reproduction''.

Prior to my e-ring, I was not really into ''major jewelry''. I have always gravitated toward semi-precious stones, sterling over gold, interesting looking pieces; and have stayed far away from the average standard pieces sold in every B&M store and mall in America. So, I would love to know from other PSers if they have found some sites that sell affordable and interesting jewelry. ??
Oh, *sigh*, Temple St. Claire. Yeah. *sigh* I''ve been lusting after her stuff since the eighties.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany & Co, Signed Pieces

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I had just noticed Lucie Campbell on the ylang23 website recently. Had never seen this design house before; wow! They have their own website; go take a look at the beautiful pieces they create to resemble vintage/antique styles. If I had the $$. . . I''d take something from them, and I''d get the citrine Thorn ring from Cathy Waterman.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 4:04:51 PM

Oh, *sigh*, Temple St. Claire. Yeah. *sigh* I''ve been lusting after her stuff since the eighties.
I only just discovered the line, and man am I in trouble. There is a lovely Moonstone ring in 18K YG with diamonds that is calling my name. But am resisting.
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I just found this thread.

A couple of my favorites are Sabbadini and Picchiotti [you have to set up an account and log in to see everything].

Both have spectacular workmanship, some of the most amazing stones you will find anywhere [Sabbadini in particular], and great design.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of great websites I''d never seen before!! Thanks for starting this thread, jewelerman, and thanks for everyone adding their favorites.

I stumbled on www.fragments.com a few years back and thought you guys might enjoy.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
DIAMONTEBLU,
The websites you recommended are great!The rubies are spectacular!Thanks for sharing.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Fay Cullen for browsing (antique/vintage-style). I don''t think I''d buy a high ticket item there, but I think it''s great for getting ideas for future custom work
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results