shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your bf/hubby''s boy toys?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Football.

He's completely, totally, utterly obsessed.

I don't really mind, though. It's fun to watch him having so much fun, and letting him spend sunday evening in front of the TV makes for great bargaining
11.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 3:57:10 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 12/24/2009 2:28:03 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 12/24/2009 10:22:50 AM

Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 12/24/2009 2:11:27 AM

Author: Dancing Fire

tell your hubby i love tube amps.
2.gif

Hehe - DF, a tube amp is what my hubby just got himself for Christmas (Mesa Boogie, don''t know the details), but he loves it!!
AG

ha,ha, that''s what i''m running on my home stereo. about 13 yrs ago Mesa made a tube power amp call ''Baron'' for home stereo. i was fortune enough to buy one of the few (before it was discontinued) that was produced by Mesa. Mesa are well known for making high end guitar amps.

Hubby was thrilled to get this one - he found it secondhand on Craigslist, for about 1/3 of what it would have cost new. It needed a very minor repair, and was then good to go.

I have to confess though, even though I can appreciate the tone, I sometimes get just a *little* sick of listening to practice time
3.gif
14.gif
20.gif

Heavens no, I can''t tell my hubby!! He would be SO jealous, and I would feel cruel!!

He''s been wanting one for a while - scouring CraigsList and everything....

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
HIs bicycles. Outside and inside kinds. Also, he loves his spin class.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
His mountain bike(s), iphone, knives and guns

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 9:14:42 PM
Author: CaliSun
Heavens no, I can''t tell my hubby!! He would be SO jealous, and I would feel cruel!!

He''s been wanting one for a while - scouring CraigsList and everything....

Awww...poor hubby! Tell him not to lose hope - my hubs found one, so I know it can be done, and I''m sure with the holidays past, there will be a lot of good stuff popping up on Craigslist, eBay, etc...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
well, lets see after 33 years of marriage, I''ve lost count of how many motorcycles he has owned.

He''s picking up a new Harley in the morning. Ugh...

his other "toys" are 2 expensive ( 1 imported) bicycles

2 kayaks and all the gear

Corvette

Jeep

I think I''m due some new sparkly toys, huh!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 11:01:09 PM
Author: bebe
well, lets see after 33 years of marriage, I''ve lost count of how many motorcycles he has owned.

He''s picking up a new Harley in the morning. Ugh...

his other ''toys'' are 2 expensive ( 1 imported) bicycles

2 kayaks and all the gear

Corvette

Jeep

I think I''m due some new sparkly toys, huh!!

I think you are due some BIG new sparkly toys!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
My ex was into woodworking. He had the basement full of equipment. I loved the things he made, but I do not miss the house full of sawdust and wood chips and all the constant din and factory noise. Planers, routers, saws, dust collection equipment belong in a workshop, not in the house you are trying to live in. I kept waiting for the house to catch on fire.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
CARS and all the paperwork that goes with collectiing them- he usually tries to keep the collection to only 5 due to lack of garage space (there is no way that he would make me park my car outside as we live in WI) and his PS3 is also one of his favorites.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awww atleast he''s kind enough to keep it to a minimum of 5 haha
Oh my... But that means u guys have a 6 car garage??? Wowza!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awww atleast he''s kind enough to keep it to a minimum of 5 haha
Oh my... But that means u guys have a 6 car garage??? Wowza!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Woops! Sorry! Double post!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Mold. Anything that can be bought in large quantities at an auction and stuffed into a car. He loves junk auctions.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My husband investedin a racehorse of all things!!!
20.gif
That''s where his off time and disposible income goes!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve had many many motorcyles, and dirt bikes, snowboards, woodworking tools and now it is road and street bikes. He is in a bike club and is doing a
race in March. Canoes, too, big trucks and trailors, and oh yeah, fire trucks.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Golf. Latest putters, cart, cart cover, Mizuno irons, custom driver, at least four golf vacations with the boys A YEAR.
I''m what you''d call an intermediate with no real strengths and working on my weaknesses. He''s a 5 handicap. He can drive the ball a country mile with accuracy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Private golf club membership and all that goes with that.....

hockey equipment

XBox

MB''s

trophy wife
3.gif
41.gif
17.gif

cheers--Sharon

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
His xbox, and anything related to the tv.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
XBox and related equipment. I really don''t see how he can play it so much!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Tons and tons and tons of electronics!!!

He hides it cleverly by buying toys for ME and getting to play with "my" (HIS) new toys!

He bought me a new netbook, Palm Pre and Kindle in the last month and is getting all sorts of funny things for the Wii.

Ha! I know better! It's really so he can play with it up close and personal. He sure gets a kick out of buying me the latest tech toys. He loves the entertainment system, too. He also loves watches and cars. Boys!

But his favorite toy...is me!
31.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reasonably fast racing sailboats - J24s, Lasers, 505s. Little British cars - owning and working on them. Guns - collectors'' types. Mechanical watches that he can NOT afford. Sewing machines - we own 5. (No, he doesn''t make my lingerie, he is a sailmaker). Machine tools - lathes, surface grinders. (He''s looking kind of wild and misty as he relates the bit about TOOLS!!!)
31.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Laptop, Xbox, dvd collection that we are running out of room for, sound system and tv and his car.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Whitby
35.gif
i saw you post on another thread and i wanted to ask if you were back but was shy
21.gif
and im glad you are back, i hope you stay
36.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Several restored and very expensive cars.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
golf things, power tools, electronics and the latest technology- and nautical items.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
DH favorite stores, West Marine and Home Depot, and any golf course within 20 miles

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20" telescope, souped up F250 diesel, his nerd heaven (2 PC''s, 2 giant monitors with little netbook on the side), PS3, surround sound for his 2 PC''s, IPOD and Kindle.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
XBOX 360 and his knife and sword collection.

most of the time i don''t mind him playing XBOX since it means i can hog the computer all night. i even partake in a little Left 4 Dead 2 every now and then with him. something about killing zombies is really satisfying.
9.gif
however, he lectures me on how we need to invest in these forged kitchen knives so i can finally get rid of my mediocre ones already.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results