shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing the white ripples again. They are surprising comfortable for such large pearls. img_5514.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- they sure are stunning on you!

Today I am wearing a short tin cup made of YG, blue baroque akoyas (all the rage recently) and a quirky, pointy silver/blue souffle with pink overtones as center pearl. The chain is adjustable from 15.5" to 17.5". Hisano added a darling tiny pearl at the end of the chain, which was an unexpected surprise. This is one light and lovely summer tin cup!

pp_souffle_tin_cup_1.jpg

pp_souffle_tin_cup_2.jpg

pp_short_tin_cup.jpg

pp_tin_cup.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, that necklace looks great on you! Seeing the souffle brings a smile to my face. It's adorable. Thanks for sharing!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Mapo and Bsomlo,

I love the pieces you are wearing. Thanks for posting pictures of them, I really enjoy seeing all the different ways you wear your pearls. I would never have come up with the my bracelet idea were it not for all the beautiful items posted on this forum.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
krissy7, I thought of your bracelet when I received my tin cup! I actually thought, "Oh! I should have used rose gold!!!"

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - What's up with the single strand look?!?! They look beautiful on you!!!

YC - Those diamond and pearl earrings are gorgeous! I bet you received lots of envious looks wearing them to the fundraising dinner!

mapo - Your metallics look elegant on you and the large ripples make a statement!

bsomlo - Great idea for the souffle on your tin cup! It is cute and quirky and changes the entire look - congratulations!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like tin cups are pretty popular during the warmer months! Today I'm wearing my long Tahitian tin cup doubled!

_18906.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew -- lovely tin cup! What is the length?

Today I wore my insane PP fireball pendant (I just can't get over this pearl, I actually can't believe it's a pearl!) with my POJ fireball earrings that I just adore. They're my first fireball earrings:

pp_fireball_pendant_1.jpg

pp_fireball_pendant_2.jpg

pp_fireball_pendant_3.jpg

poj_metallic_fireball_earring.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I wore my 100 inch strand of 5-6mm cream FWPs twisted -

img_5524_0.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mapo, I like the look. You should add that to rope thread.

FWP strand and dangles.

20140606_0.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
YC, Your ribbon studs are super cool. They definately don't need any other pearl to go, just like pkinnew's cranberry danglings. Great look.

bsomlo, lovely lavender drops. I'm not sure if I have seen them before. Your YG tin cup is lovely as well ( but not as lovely as Your gold fish :D ). Very nice summer look all.

mapo, oh, white is always so charming. Classy and feminine. :love: Your ripples. What are those dangling earrings? Could You take a ear shot? Please. Very unique twisted look with Your rope.

pkinnew, marvelous tin cup necklace. So airy and light look. I just have noticed that I feel more comfortable when wearing just one strand on hot weathers. Don't worry, summer goes by and Layering Queen will comes back :lol:

baby monster, it's hard to beat beautiful white pearls. Lovely.

Today Hornets and keshi bracelet/anklet

_18952.jpg

_18953.jpg

_18954.jpg

_18955.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Confection10, those horned pearls have such a gorgeous sheen of color! Love them! The earring you asked about are white ripple dangles. I had two of the smaller pearls from the white ripple necklace made into earrings. I'll take a picture next week for you.

Babymonster, I'll have to check out the rope thread.thanks for the suggestion.

Today I'm wearing my soufflr with my lavender color shifting drop earrings. No camera so no pics :(

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1402003769|3687249 said:
pkinnew -- lovely tin cup! What is the length?

Today I wore my insane PP fireball pendant (I just can't get over this pearl, I actually can't believe it's a pearl!) with my POJ fireball earrings that I just adore. They're my first fireball earrings:

I am in LOVE with that fireball

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection -- your "hornets" are possibly my favorites of your pearls.

mapo -- I love that thick twist. How did you do it?

ckrickett -- Thanks. I also love this amazing fireball. I feel like it's a live sea creature.

baby monster -- everything you wear is beautiful. It's funny that your call yourself "monster" with such lovely pearls and pictures!

Today, 120" of my 144" rope (made in three sections) knotted on synthetic (because who would ever want to reknot 144"!). Let's see how long my neck can take the weight:

pp_120_inches_of_rope.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, mapo :wavey:

bsomlo, so simple but glamorous look.

Today black ripples, again

_19033.jpg

_19034.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - You can keep showing your hornets and black ripples any day! They look so great on you and just pop with color and glow!

bsomlo - So how long did you actually wear all 120" of beautiful pearls? It was probably a good work out for your neck!

No pearls for me today but tomorrow - definitely!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It turns out I miscalculated -- it was the 75" strand joined with the 20" strand so only 95" total. It was actually quite comfortable the whole day. I should weigh them to see the difference in weight between that and the torsade which was way too heavy for me. I'm wearing my super souffle strand today -- but no pictures...

mapo

Shiny_Rock
today I wore my vietnamese akoyas

img_5528.jpg

bsomlo, as to the rope of fwps, i folded the strand as if to wear it doubled, and then twisted it and added the pearl clasp to the ends. hope that makes sense!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
mapo - Those look AWESOME on you! Just stunning!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
It's an Akoya day for me! I'm wearing my natural white Hanadama strand (.80 mm nacre thickness), Hanadama earrings and my Akoya ring, all from PP. The pearl on the ring isn't showing it's true colors - pistachio, blue, gold.

_19046.jpg

_19047.jpg

_19048.jpg

_19049.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew, I love the akoyas on you... and that ring is just the perfect touch. :love:

No pearls for me today.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- your Vietnamese akoya are gorgeous on you!

pkinnew -- .8 mm of nacre, I have nacre-depth envy! Beautiful set -- wear your akoya pieces in good health!

Today I wore my PP multi-color keshi doubled with my POJ metallic drop necklace and my POJ metallic keshi studs. The luster on the stud earrings is incredible. I keep them on my make-up table to gaze at and admire:

pp_keshi_with_poj_metallic_drops.jpg

poj_metallic_keshi_stud.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pearls, everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Today I was in the pink. Pink jacket and lavender pink Kasumi pearls from Kojima. I wore my Kasumi keshi rope doubled and added a little enhancer I put together from a Kasumi I selected when I visited Sarah a couple of years ago. She let me spend a couple of hours happily going through her huge "seconds" bag of Kasumi. I loved this drop shaped, striated golden Kasumi with its amazing luster. I paired the drop with a South Sea Maluku keshi that I purchased from Agustus on eBay. Some day I'll have the piece put together properly with 14 kt gold findings.

Added my Kasumi bracelet and ring, and put my Pearl Paradise freshwater pink studs in the ears.

today_8397.jpg

today_8406.jpg

today_8403.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Your keshis are incredible! Love the layering and no wonder you keep the earrings out so you can gaze at them!

Fly Girl - What a great Kasumi ensemble! And they are perfect with your outfit too! I think you could wear those with anything!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to wear my baroque gold SS strand with round gold SS earrings (the charms that go with the diamond hoops). Haven't worn these in awhile & they were due! The pictures of the strand are a little blurry - sorry!

_19068.jpg

_19069.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
PK I love that baroque SS strand!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Today, my PP triple lavender with earrings Hisano designed when she restrung the necklace:

pp_lavender_triple_with_purple_check_dress.jpg

pp_lavender_trip_and_earring.jpg

pp_lavender_triple_with_earring.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Look how well the top, middle and bottom tiers of pearls are matched in their 3 distinctive shades of lavender:

pp_lavender_earrings_with_matched_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Look how well the top, middle and bottom tiers of pearls are matched in their 3 distinctive shades of lavender:

pp_lavender_earrings_with_matched_1.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Your triple lavenders are beautiful and make any outfit perfect. And your ombre effect earrings are tdf!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results