shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday, I wore my “Ruckus pendant” – 3 Sea of Cortez pearls purchased from Douglas off the hood of Jeremy’s Tesla at my first ruckus last year, and set into a custom WG and diamond pendant by Pearl Paradise. I can’t wait for the 2015 Ruckus at the end of this month!

Today, I am wearing one of my favorite sets. The WSS and Tahitian strand and WSS drops in the Blossom earring setting are from my first visit to PP. (They were like a gateway drug to many more pearl purchases, lol.) :naughty:

img_8540.jpg

img_8542.jpg

win_20150707_104407.jpg

win_20150707_104400__2_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1435936397|3898439 said:
Kay,

I'm so happy to finally see your Rikitea strand! I can't tell you how curious I was about whether you ever got it, and what you thought about it in the end. It looks fantastic on you.

I love the pendant too. What setting is that in?

The WSS drop from Mikeyy came already set in an 18k WG setting with a tiny diamond on the bale. Here's a better picture of the setting.

img_9214.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the scrolls. They suit the pearl beautifully. It's a really pretty pendant.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kay,
Thank you. Those GSSP are about 10mm and the WSSP 10.9mm. To be honest,I only noticed the dew setting here on PS. Think it may have been Icyjade who posted photos and I thought they look great.
I love the color combi of your tahitian/WSS strand ! Reminds me of that strand Keira knightly once wore.

Bweaves, those blue baroque akoyas flatter your skin tone. Lovely....

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, all your pearls are gorgeous. I seriously would love to play in your jewelry boxes, and I hope that didn't come out sounding weird.

Every so often my mother gets out her jewelry box and lets my sister and I play dress up with her pearls and other jewels. It would be cute if we were 10, but we're over 50 and still playing.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Still love that WSS pearl, and setting, Kay ... so glad it went home with you :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1436386903|3900550 said:
Ladies, all your pearls are gorgeous. I seriously would love to play in your jewelry boxes, and I hope that didn't come out sounding weird.

:naughty:

It sounds a little weird. :lol:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1436407778|3900674 said:
BWeaves|1436386903|3900550 said:

:naughty:

It sounds a little weird. :lol:

It doesn't sound that weird to me, lol. A big part of the fun at the Ruckus is getting to play with each others' jewelry. :appl:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Today it's my side drilled drops, or as I like to call them, my jeans pearls. I cannot seem to capture the incredible color and shine of these pearls with a photo. They are very blue and purple and metallic.

img_2121_0.jpg

img_2120.jpg

I just love how they squiggle.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1436452873|3900818 said:
Today it's my side drilled drops, or as I like to call them, my jeans pearls. I cannot seem to capture the incredible color and shine of these pearls with a photo. They are very blue and purple and metallic.

I just love how they squiggle.

Those make me smile. I purchased several strands of those "party pearls" as Sarah called them, from Kojima a few years ago. Never strung them up because I wasn't sure what to do. Love your piece. And, yes, the colors are so much fun in person. Photos definitely do not do them justice.

Have a great day in your jeans (aka party) pearls!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
So many pretties to catch up on!

Kay, that is quite the display of (part of) your collection! Everything is so pretty and unique. Your Tahitians are so pretty, all of them.

ckrickett, I love that 100 inch rope. I should get one myself one day...

BWeaves, I love your jeans pearls. Very cute. And of course, your akoyas!

YC, gorgeous earrings!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I wore my 35 inch 7.0-7.5mm multicolour strand today:

img_8553.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
CRD, thanks, I'm glad it went home with me too! I look forward to seeing you and your beautiful pearls soon.

BWeaves, I really like your "jeans" pearls. They look like fun, casual, party pearls. I like the findings too.

Tucs, your rope has such soft, lovely romantic colors. They look perfect for Spring and Summer.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Kay!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kay ... I so look forward to seeing you and your lovely pearls too! Are you bringing the beautiful pistachios ... and the Rikitea blues ?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Love everything I am seeing so far!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Today, I wore a heart shaped GSS keshi ( 12.0 x 12.5 mm (WxL)) from indoseapearl. Set it on a simple band.

20150712_151422-1.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring YC, it has such personality!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
YC, that's a very beautiful and interesting ring!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Keshi ring wow love it :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I found 2 leftover little BBA pearls so I made little earrings, with sterling silver findings and black spinel beads. Poor quality pic, but I made them to match my necklace I made.

fullsizerender-79.jpg

here is the necklace it matches (although I am not wearing it today)
fullsizerender-62.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
YC, that is a beautiful golden keshi ring. You have several SS lovelies from Indoseapearl -- too bad they aren't an available resource anymore.

Ckrickett, yay for matching earrings! I would love to learn how to make my own jewelry like you do.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1436586159|3901522 said:
Hi Kay ... I so look forward to seeing you and your lovely pearls too! Are you bringing the beautiful pistachios ... and the Rikitea blues ?

Yes, I am bringing those. My collection is still small enough that I can bring most of it, lol. I am still trying to figure out what I want to wear and with what outfits for the 3 days. I especially want to bring the special pieces I acquired at or since the last Ruckus: blue Rikis, pistachio strand and ring, "Loot 2" rope of multicolored Tahitian drops, WSS strand with diamond cirque clasp, SOC pendant, WSS pendant. I expect I will also bring the WSS and Tahitian strand and blue baroque double strand, even though I wore them at the last Ruckus, just because they are favorites.

I know I would love to see your Pteria penguin strand, the SOC keshi necklace Sarah made and your special metallic FWPs from PP.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett, your so creative! Your pretty BBA pearls reminded me of some black spinel and silver/gray freshwater strands I spotted at TJ Maxx . I was tempted, but inspiration kicked in to use the 5 strands of black spinel I purchased a few years. I thought these were pretty too.

img_8066.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, my collection is also still small enough to transport :) Can't wait to see those new pieces, and old favorites. I do plan to bring my new "special" pieces you mentioned ... now the wardrobe is a much more difficult dilemma, sigh ... :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi, I would love to see your metallics Kay referred to.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me, I saw those spinel strands at my TJMaxx, too. They are very pretty! The spinels are tiny and delicate, and I was tempted.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1436929482|3902962 said:
Kay, my collection is also still small enough to transport :) Can't wait to see those new pieces, and old favorites. I do plan to bring my new "special" pieces you mentioned ... now the wardrobe is a much more difficult dilemma, sigh ... :)
So looking forward to seeing you and Kay at the ruckus. And your amazing pearls! I just selected my pearls tonight, and then worked on outfits for them. Isn't that how everyone dresses? :bigsmile: But, the Rikitea round blues and drop greens, as well as the multicolor rounds, are coming. I've worn the round Tahitian multicolor bracelet so much this past year, I'm thinking of leaving it for restringing after the ruckus. It seems to go with everything. And, of course, the Sea of Cortez mabes that I picked out last year and had set. I also have a couple of loose SoC rounds that need another pearl or two to go with them. :))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1437015406|3903420 said:
So looking forward to seeing you and Kay at the ruckus. And your amazing pearls! I just selected my pearls tonight, and then worked on outfits for them. Isn't that how everyone dresses? :bigsmile: But, the Rikitea round blues and drop greens, as well as the multicolor rounds, are coming. I've worn the round Tahitian multicolor bracelet so much this past year, I'm thinking of leaving it for restringing after the ruckus. It seems to go with everything. And, of course, the Sea of Cortez mabes that I picked out last year and had set. I also have a couple of loose SoC rounds that need another pearl or two to go with them. :))
It is almost that wonderful time again. I look forward to seeing all of you and I can't wait to see all of everyones pearls :wavey: It will be three days of heaven :D

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1437016310|3903429 said:
Fly Girl|1437015406|3903420 said:
It is almost that wonderful time again. I look forward to seeing all of you and I can't wait to see all of everyones pearls :wavey: It will be three days of heaven :D
:bigsmile: :wavey: :appl: :cheeky: :drool:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results