shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors are fab, ckrickett. Great find.

The thread on drops reminded me that I haven't worn mine in a while. So decided to wear them today.

20150507_181618-1.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are a find, ckrickett! They look fun to wear. And BabyNurse, those dangles are darling.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett -- cute, and what a good deal!

Baby monster -- gosh those diamond studs look enormous! (Nice pearls, too.)

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely earrings! And of course, babymonster, those drops look great. BTW, if anyone wants to see truly enormous diamond studs, there is a thread over on SMTB on someone's 9+ carat pair. Yes, you read that correctly.

ETA: linky https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upgraded-9-26-ct-studs.212986/ Makes the discussions here about whether pearl studs can ever be too large seem trivial.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
enbcfsobe|1431089255|3873922 said:
Lovely earrings! And of course, babymonster, those drops look great. BTW, if anyone wants to see truly enormous diamond studs, there is a thread over on SMTB on someone's 9+ carat pair. Yes, you read that correctly.

ETA: linky https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/upgraded-9-26-ct-studs.212986/ Makes the discussions here about whether pearl studs can ever be too large seem trivial.

Haha, thanks for the link... My goodness, I don't even know what to say...!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs|1431089897|3873932 said:

I thought I had to have read wrong, but there it is on her ear. That's incredible :shock:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, your earrings are beautiful :love: ! Luster and overtones are fantastic and I love that setting, too. Even if they end up not being natural, what a steal.

Baby monster, your drops with the studs look fabulous on you!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments, ladies. I can only wish for my diamond studs to be that size when they grow up :cheeky:

9mm metallic white studs today.

20150508_175644-1.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Tucs|1431089897|3873932 said:

“Big girls need big diamonds.” ― Elizabeth Taylor

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was inspired by Bsolmos dainty pearl necklace she showcased in the other forum, so I usually pair this with other necklaces, but I am wearing it on its own today.

my teeny little lavender ovals with amethyst

fullsizerender-48_4.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett, have we had this conversation before :cheeky: ?

That strand is so delicately beautiful on you!

This is my Edison pearl, purchased from PP during their Black Friday sale a few years back. If I'm remembering correctly, it was when PP first carried them and 4RG, NL, and Fly Girl also bought them (3 years ago?). Mine is on a long 14kt white gold chain.

edisonpearl1.jpg

edisonpearl.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That convo DOES seem familiar Baby Nurse! :rolleyes: :lol:

I do love that edison with that length chain! Looks amazing!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Happy Mothers Day everyone!
Today's happy and somewhat bittersweet to me, but I am very blessed to have such an amazing mother!

Also today I am wearing my BBA and black spinel rope. I love how light it is, and it has a little contemporary twist to it which is fun.

fullsizerender-49_2.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Baby nurse, that beautiful long pendant goes so well with your top.

Ckrickett, I love your Akoya-spinel necklace! Looks really elegant.

Here my blue baroque akoyas (PP April special) on a bluish top.

_30102.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tucs - I'm feeling like I'm the only person without a strand of Blue Akoya lol Those are just beautiful !

ckrickett - well those fireballs are great .. I can't believe you got those for 20$ lol That's an outstanding buy ! Well done! And I love your spinel necklace ! I've been thinking of putting one together...getting inspiration !

I had to have a look at those diamond studs... wow ... I could do with a couple of 4.5ct diamonds lol One lucky lady!

Baby Nurse - I love long chain pendants .. and that Edison is beautiful ! It's a great look !

Ricezo - those metallics are lovely ! The luster really is amazing !

Mochiko - I love your pendant and the diamond bail is beautiful ! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Everyone is looking great! :appl:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Katbran! Yes the blues are everywhere, aren't they. Mine are not quite as blue an intense as baby nurse's, but they are really beautiful, more icy blue, like I think ltlmsmft's are. I also love the size!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1431308347|3874960 said:
Baby nurse, that beautiful long pendant goes so well with your top.

Ckrickett, I love your Akoya-spinel necklace! Looks really elegant.

Here my blue baroque akoyas (PP April special) on a bluish top.

gorgeous, and those look HUGE!!! :love: :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs, your blue akoya are gorgeous! The color looks great with your skin tone and I love the shapes and luster. They're so reflective!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
fullsizerender_3_5.jpg

Little Dude is helping me with my current projects, he's such a nice fellow.

He is also patiently waiting on Big Papa, but that will be a week or two more

Octogirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Awww, the proud mama is so pleased or see her kids out and about!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ckrickett and baby nurse for your kind words.

I do find the blues a bit long, so I will send back to PP to get it shorten and get earrings with the remaining pearls :love:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and hello Little Dude! So cute, ckrickett!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls baby monster, baby nurse, tucs and ckrickett! :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Today it is simple, my little silver and BBA bar necklace.

fullsizerender-54.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I am so in love with all the blues! And the octopi keep multiplying -- such fun to watch! Last night I finished my first knotting project -- after much deliberation and waffling I just went ahead and knotted all but 3 of the silver-blue keshi into an endless rope using Sky beader's secret. All told it is about 35 inches. With a shorterner, it just makes it into a doubled choker. The instructions on the other forum were so helpful!! I of course had to wear it today. I'm terrible at selfies -- this is in AM sunlight. Thanks to all again for advice, encouragement, enabling, etc!

fullsizerender_68.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
enbcfsobe|1432142958|3879110 said:
I am so in love with all the blues! And the octopi keep multiplying -- such fun to watch! Last night I finished my first knotting project -- after much deliberation and waffling I just went ahead and knotted all but 3 of the silver-blue keshi into an endless rope using Sky beader's secret. All told it is about 35 inches. With a shorterner, it just makes it into a doubled choker. The instructions on the other forum were so helpful!! I of course had to wear it today. I'm terrible at selfies -- this is in AM sunlight. Thanks to all again for advice, encouragement, enabling, etc!

fullsizerender_68.jpg

This looks beautiful! Lovely color with your skin. You did a great job

It looks VERY similar to a strand I want to make,. Which is a take on the moon pearls from the Movie Secret of Moonacre!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is my new tin cup. Forgive the picture, we are having new ceilings put in in all the downstairs so the only decent place for a picture is my super bright office!

I am wearing it long today.
fullsizerender-58.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much ckrickett! i love the look of the tincup worn long!
for my project, i was amazed at the difference between the beader's secret and the cruddy silk thread (bought from a sewing store) that I was using to practice. it took a fraction of the time!
I just found your thread about the moon pearls -- i definitely need to check out that book/movie, I am a complete fantasy geek (the movie stardust inspired some of my chainmaille efforts in attempts to replicate the magical chain). those POJ blue keshi mentioned in your thread were part of what inspired my project -- Kevin was unfortunately sold out of those pearls and hadn't found more on subsequent trips. i'm sure i could have waited, but now i've got a new skill/obsession.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
enbcfsobe|1432153861|3879233 said:
thanks so much ckrickett! i love the look of the tincup worn long!
for my project, i was amazed at the difference between the beader's secret and the cruddy silk thread (bought from a sewing store) that I was using to practice. it took a fraction of the time!
I just found your thread about the moon pearls -- i definitely need to check out that book/movie, I am a complete fantasy geek (the movie stardust inspired some of my chainmaille efforts in attempts to replicate the magical chain). those POJ blue keshi mentioned in your thread were part of what inspired my project -- Kevin was unfortunately sold out of those pearls and hadn't found more on subsequent trips. i'm sure i could have waited, but now i've got a new skill/obsession.

OH OH OH You are a girl after my own heart... I LOVE Stardust, and have been playing around with making a few chainmaille pieces (though not inspired by the chain).

The book is better then the movie, but the movie is very whimsical, and i ADORE the costumes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results