shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you saving for?

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, bikes are SHOCKINGLY pricey aren't they!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Now that my huasband and I are homeowners... We are trying to save for a steel roof!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!! :o

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
1.) leon mege antique calibre band
2.) BGD barbara pendant
3.) a vacation in a few years to bora bora!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I'm saving up for my DH's graduation gift (May of '11), I want to get him a Cartier watch and a trip somewhere.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
We prefer to pay for cars with cash, and we both want a frivolous car to share now that the RX8 is nearly at 100K, and I can drive a stick finally. Possibly a (used) Lotus Elise. (Well, if DH had an endless money tree he'd get a Tesla but not likely, lol!)

As far as jewelry, I'm pretty good right now. I'd love an AVC someday but I have a hard time making myself pay retail prices on jewelry (2nd hand/estate shopper all the way) and I don't really have a good place to wear one. So, no time soon probably!

DH also needs a nice watch and will probably get one from me for his 35th b-day in a month, but most likely nothing so expensive that I'll save for it since he also prefers antique/estate and doesn't want anything too ostentatious. I'm thinking maybe a nice Art Deco Elgin in white gold with some subtle hand engraving.

Oh and I guess if I lose much more weight I will probably *have* to save for a re-reset of my 3.55 ct OEC. My current setting is unsizeable and already really loose.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm nothing in particular, actually!

We just got back from vacation and haven't decided where to go next. Usually we save for trips once we figure out where we're going.

We might get central air installed in our house, but the house stays pretty cool with 1 window unit upstairs and 1 downstairs, so I'm not sure it's worth the $.

Oh! I just remembered I'm (sort of) saving for a new computer! I'm hoping to get Apple gift cards for my birthday, though, so hopefully I won't need much extra! :naughty: I'm getting a 13" MacBook Pro.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trip to San Fran in November (this won't be too expensive though--thank goodness for conferences!)
Trip to Las Vegas in January (1st year anniversary)
Two significant jewelry projects, one custom, one from Vatche, both from WF.
A bunch of other little jewelry projects.
And once January is over, we'll be saving for a trip to NYC!

A

Anonymous

Our wedding! :bigsmile: After that, it'll be a car I'm guessing...then who knows. Maybe a house, but we're really enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about home repairs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am saving to host a bridal shower for one of my best friends daughters on Oct. 23rd. My friend has thrown showers for
all of our friends kids, so I want to do a awesome one for her daughter! We live about 70 miles from where we grew up and
all our friends live, so I am going to hire a huge limo to bring her closest family out to our house. I am making her two wedding quilts
and having quite a few pictures on canvas made. It all adds up so fast. I am going to have it catered as well. It is my big blow out
party for the year!

My friend Stacy is the most generous and giving person I have ever met in my life, so it is my turn to do something nice for her.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently saving up to pay my bills :lol: I dont see any jewerly in my near future, but I have a couple of things I would like to do...but it will not be in the near future.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Littlegreykitten, congrats on the weight loss! If ever there was a really good reason for a "forced" re-set, that is it! ;))

I wish our list was a bit more exciting, but it's not:

-We want to replace the synthetic stucco on our home with brick (right now, we pay about $2k a year for insurance and repairs required in order to renew the insurance and I'm SICK of throwing that money away, since this is our forever house...I'm being carted out in a wheelchair or a box...whichever comes first!)

-Retirement (which is still 25 years away, minimum)...we took care of the kids college funds first, so the retirement fund is a bit behind schedule

-Home remodeling-the entire upstairs really needs help...walls torn down, add a bathroom, replace ALL of the carpet, update the bathroom, etc. UGH....

-I would love to be able to get both a LM engagement ring (a baby sister to Bebe's) AND a matching wedding band...not likely to happen in the near future though...as much as I love jewelry, it's just not at the top of the priority list right now

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought an awesome asscher cut purplish-pink namanga garnet from Dan Stair and I want it set in a three stone ring with yellow diamond side stones-saving up for sure!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
diva rose said:
Just out of interest, what are you currently saving or want to save your money for?
Things just for pleasure and interest/entertainment. Basically things you can do without that you want.

Currently I am saving money for:

1. Brain Gavin's pink sapphire & diamond ring. I fell in love with it after Purpleshirt's purchase. Thanks Purpleshirt - you've tempted me with those lovely photos. :)
show-me-the-ring/bgd-pink-sapphire-diamond-3-4-eternity-band-in-rose-gold-t148789.html

Now I got to have one for myself and my sister (matching). I'm hoping I can save in a month to get it.
I've been a very good girl and haven't bought anything for myself for the past 6 months. :D

2. A holiday to either Maldives or Monte Carlo for the F1 2011. This really depends if we want to compromise on the following items below. :cheeky:

3. 2C Asscher of some sort (sapphire, tourmaline or spinal) for me. Colours baby pink or minty green.

4. Emerald ring between 2-3C for my mother's 60th birthday (2012). I realise now this project is going to be very expensive.
I had no idea till I joined PS how expensive untreated emeralds are.

5. Last but not least - a watch for my DH. My DH loves watches as much as I love gems. Actually I think his love might be greater. :o
He is a huge Panerai fan. I got him a Panerai for our 1st wedding anniversary. I want to get him another watch within a year. Deciding between the following: Black coated Rolex, Omega Speedmaster the special meteor edition or another Panerai like this one below.

I have been married for almost 4 years now and have yet to take a vacation with my husband and that is where I want to put my money. I would LOVE to go somewhere far away with him - perhaps Bali? I just saw "Eat, Pray, Love" and I thought that it looked like a magical place.

I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go anywhere. Heck, a tour of the good ol' USA would do me right! I am really not picky at this point.

Oh yeah - I also am dreaming of a fine jadeite ring. I have the design in my mind, I am just waiting for the bucket of money to come landing at my feet :D .

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
A honeymoon. It's been almost a year now since we've been married and we've got ants in ours pants!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I ususally don't have desire for material things that are so expensive that I can't buy when I see them on the spot. Therefore I can't think of any particular purchase goal right now. However we still save a fix % of our income every month so I guess you can say we are saving for unexpected expensive emergency and unexpected "need" to buy something expensive on the regular basis.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our future

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I'm saving for (already put a deposit) a 2 wks vacation next yr to Disneyworld with the kids (one week) and another 5 days on their new ship THE DREAM (I think that's the name).

My big savings is for a new kitchen. We have discussed it and will hope to start renovation Jan 2012. We moved here last October and the kitchen is from 1967...so we're saving to gut it and build our dream kitchen!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: This means no more jewelry for a long while but that's OK!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I just had a huge pergola and deck built in the back yard, so we're saving every penny to pay that baby off!!

Oh, and this... once said pergola is paid for :bigsmile:

4482556562_740b1dfe23_m.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
short term: a dresser and other items to finish my daughters bedroom, decorating our house

long term: both private school and college for kid/s, retirement of course

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Retirement plan
- A college fund for my youngest one

As to stones... I found out it is very easy for me to buy something by just clicking the "Pay button". Now... well, in my profession we are often sent online questionnaires and paid if we participate. I am saving these money - it is going to be my jewelry fund. They do not pay much so it will be harder to save and, hopefully, prevent me from random buying.
If I buy an item that I do not really need and later return it I am adding it to my fund as well. Today I plan to return an $ 300.00 pair of shoes, a pair of jeans and a blazer that my son did not like and feed my jewelry fund.

My husband is a champion of budget vacations. He would spend the time, calculate, negotiate, and we have been to so many places! Sometimes we have to change a hotel in the midst of a Hawaiian vacation because there is a free weekend deal, and I hate it and tell him we could well afford a more decent trip, but I know that it would cost three times as much with me planning it! I sometimes think that "Vacation on a budget" forum could be useful.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A red diamond
A violet diamond
An orange diamond

All in Intense or above color with no color modifiers, and VS+ clarity in a round, emerald or asscher cut.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
A deposit on a house.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loves Vintage said:
Early retirement! :saint: It doesn't sound as fun as everyone else's, especially the LM Lotus (swoon! :love: ), but it's true!

Yep - me too. A ridiculously early retirement is the best fun thing I could ever do. And I have crushed the numbers to know when is a feasible date :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are saving to pay off a "do not pay for a year" credit card that we used to buy appliances when we bought our home a year ago. Boring to save for that, but I refuse to pay interest :nono: so we will pay it in full when it comes due.

We are also saving for my BIL's wedding, which will be a destination. Frankly I would rather not go, but them's the breaks. Hopefully they choose something good for a location.

And finally, we are saving to finish our mini-kitchen-reno. We need flooring, hardware, a new faucet, and two new light fixtures to finish the interim changes that are supposed to tide me over for 5 years or more until a mega reno.

And if I can even get my act together, saving for my diamond three-stone reset! I would like to buy the first diamond in the next 6-8months, but doubt it will happen :wacko:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Short term, get out of the many small debts I gained while married to someone who would not work regularly.
Longer term, bathroom renovation, 3 small trips with best friend in 2011.
Longest term, a place to live near Philadelphia, though I'll gladly houseswap! LOL!

I have four years until I turn 40. I want something large and over three carat....

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
reader said:
Short term, get out of the many small debts I gained while married to someone who would not work regularly.
Longer term, bathroom renovation, 3 small trips with best friend in 2011.
Longest term, a place to live near Philadelphia, though I'll gladly houseswap! LOL!

I have four years until I turn 40. I want something large and over three carat....

Not nice. Sorry to hear about that.
I think you deserve something big!

Thanks everyone for posting & sharing - lots of great thing on the list. :D
Let's hope we're all getting to our lists soon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
crasru said:
- Retirement plan
- A college fund for my youngest one

As to stones... I found out it is very easy for me to buy something by just clicking the "Pay button". Now... well, in my profession we are often sent online questionnaires and paid if we participate. I am saving these money - it is going to be my jewelry fund. They do not pay much so it will be harder to save and, hopefully, prevent me from random buying.
If I buy an item that I do not really need and later return it I am adding it to my fund as well. Today I plan to return an $ 300.00 pair of shoes, a pair of jeans and a blazer that my son did not like and feed my jewelry fund.

My husband is a champion of budget vacations. He would spend the time, calculate, negotiate, and we have been to so many places! Sometimes we have to change a hotel in the midst of a Hawaiian vacation because there is a free weekend deal, and I hate it and tell him we could well afford a more decent trip, but I know that it would cost three times as much with me planning it! I sometimes think that "Vacation on a budget" forum could be useful.
Hehe, that sounds like me. I LOVE to find deals, use points from my husband's work CC towards hotel stays. We stayed at a 4 star resort in a beachfront condo for about $250 for the week last year. I am such a nerd, finding bargains is so much fun to me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste said:
Now that my huasband and I are homeowners... We are trying to save for a steel roof!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!! :o

Amethyste, I know I'm very late in this (my bad!), but CONGRATULATIONS on being homeowners!! YAY!! Isn't that the GREATEST feeling ever (?!). :appl:

(sorry abt the mini-threadjack).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I are always saving for ...life!! :tongue:

I'd love to say we're saving to buy another property in Singapore but prices are reaaaallly crazy right now! 8)

Bling-wise, I *don't* think I've actually had a saving account specifically allocated towards a piece of jewellery or a diamond, though am sure I've tried to save towards such a goal. Generally, am always lusting after so many things and I only buy bling when DH lets me...basically, LOL! :twirl: Specifically though, I'd still love a 5ct RB (no surprise there, ha ha!! :wink2: ), and a larger FY cushion diamond, both in Leon settings. Am planning/ hoping for an Uternity band with 20-30 pointers and a larger 3-stone ring within a year or two. But my immediate goal is to reset a couple of my loose diamonds (have been planning for months now).

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Not nice. Sorry to hear about that.
I think you deserve something big!

You are very kind :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results