shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you looking forward to right now?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chocolate for breakfast tomorrow

i know the eggs are ment to be sunday and tomorrow is for hot cross buns but as a child my mother and her brothers couldn't wait so we always got our Easter eggs on Good Friday

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate for breakfast tomorrow

i know the eggs are ment to be sunday and tomorrow is for hot cross buns but as a child my mother and her brothers couldn't wait so we always got our Easter eggs on Good Friday

I didn't know the eggs were for Sunday Daisy!!!!

I'm definitely having a hot cross bun tomorrow! They are a vehicle for butter!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coffee club tomorrow morning (free coffee, free doughnuts and 2 hours of free archery range time)!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our Easter gathering tomorrow!!!!!!

We're going to heat up the pool. We have been very mindful of power consumption but we're treating all the kids to a heated pool tomorrow because it's getting cold in Australia.

My friend's husband also loves my sticky date pudding so I'm looking forward to feeding him some. They're very very very polite and mega nice people, the kind who will always stand back and let everyone else have else they want but they've specifically asked for my sticky date pudding so I'm taking it as a HUGE compliment!!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Easter gathering tomorrow!!!!!!

We're going to heat up the pool. We have been very mindful of power consumption but we're treating all the kids to a heated pool tomorrow because it's getting cold in Australia.

My friend's husband also loves my sticky date pudding so I'm looking forward to feeding him some. They're very very very polite and mega nice people, the kind who will always stand back and let everyone else have else they want but they've specifically asked for my sticky date pudding so I'm taking it as a HUGE compliment!!!!!

First really cold morning here and for some reason i planned a cold breakfast of cheese, salami, tomatoes, pickles etc
had to quickly cook some little baby kranskies at the last minute to warm up

Yum to the sticky date !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't know the eggs were for Sunday Daisy!!!!

I'm definitely having a hot cross bun tomorrow! They are a vehicle for butter!!!

I think there are also all sorts of pre- Christianity traditions all merged together but the way i understood it from my sunday school teacher mother was eggs symbolise new life from the resurrection of Jesus

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the Easter show?

No, unfortunately the breeder didn’t make registration in time. It’s a really long day, you have to be there at 7.30am and can’t leave until after 5.
there was only like 9 Salukis at the Royal while there was over 50 at the Saluki Club Show.
The girl Saluki that won Best girl at the Royal, Mica beat today. The girl that won the Saluki Show today, Mica was Reserve, or second, was from interstate. Mica won her class though against the opposite boy dog too.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been hanging out much on PS because we have been engrossed in something else.

We are looking forwards to having our custom home built in AZ. They broke ground last August and just this week they started framing.

We have walls now!

20220412_142105.jpg

671640062.jpg

671640121.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing as poetic as a sunrise nor as grand as a vacation or new home, but…

I’m looking forward to the arrival of the rack (wire shelving) for the pantry door, which should be arriving today.

This week hubby and I spent three days emptying out and re-painting our pantry, which is basically a deep closet with four shelves. We also threw out a bunch of stuff even though my husband is notoriously frugal. Yesterday we bought some baskets and trays to bring some more order to the mess. My hubby - who does must of the cooking - has mentioned several times how happy he is with the new, more orderly pantry! It’s still a bit cluttered for my taste, though, so two days ago, we ordered this to mount on the inside of our pantry door:

45C7DC6E-73CD-44DD-825B-D95022591558.jpeg

I can’t wait to get creative with how we use that!

Oh - I’m also looking forward to getting the new travel trailer we ordered last spring, but it’s still over a year off, so smaller joys will have to do in the meanwhile.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking forward to the lawn becoming a Thing of Beauty. LOL!

Over the past two days, after a mowing, I manually aerated the (small) lawn, because the lot is such that we can't get a heavy mechanized aerator into the yard. After aerating, I fertilized, watered, and today, am looking to see if it's greener, yet. Haha!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
To being discharged from hospital today after an accident on Thursday evening with a concussion and surgery on my knee yesterday.

I can’t believe how bad hospital food can be.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
To being discharged from hospital today after an accident on Thursday evening with a concussion and surgery on my knee yesterday.

I can’t believe how bad hospital food can be.

I’m sorry about your accident! I hope you’re feeling better now!

Reactions: CMN

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@Lookinagain it was pretty hard as I tripped on an incline so it had some speed to it (I was carrying my dog at the time) and couldn’t stop and wasn’t prepared to just drop him in the air and I was also trying to protect him from the impact. Amazingly my face was okay (my knee is another matter) they did a CT scan to check. Just some soreness and a bit of swelling around my nose and gums (gums don’t hurt anymore) and a cut lip. I couldn’t believe that my glasses didn’t break so that was really lucky because that could have lead to a whole lot of other problems.

Having then also hit the back of my head on the road I was lying there but still had the capacity to search for and grab his lead so he didn’t run into traffic. Doggy was okay.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain it was pretty hard as I tripped on an incline so it had some speed to it (I was carrying my dog at the time) and couldn’t stop and wasn’t prepared to just drop him in the air and I was also trying to protect him from the impact. Amazingly my face was okay (my knee is another matter) they did a CT scan to check. Just some soreness and a bit of swelling around my nose and gums (gums don’t hurt anymore) and a cut lip. I couldn’t believe that my glasses didn’t break so that was really lucky because that could have lead to a whole lot of other problems.

Having then also hit the back of my head on the road I was lying there but still had the capacity to search for and grab his lead so he didn’t run into traffic. Doggy was okay.

You poor thing. I hope you heal up well and fast.
My nasty fall was also me walking the dogs.
I tripped on uneven pavement, rolled my left ankle, falling forward and off the kerb, into a huge pot hole on the roadway.
I then face planted the roadway.
like you my first response was to hold onto the dogs who just stood on the footpath looking at me sprawled on the road. However I demolished my beautiful Chanel Sunglasses and fractured my cheekbone. The big injury was the foot broken into many many places and pieces. Luckily the ankle was only a severe sprain.
A nice man did stop and offer assistance and I’m like “no, no, im fine just a bit of a tumble”. He leaves and I then realise I aint walking anywhere so I literally crawled home on my hands and knees. Fortunately only about 70 metres.
Lordy, what was I thinking.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @MamaBee i should be okay as long as I don’t get an infection which is the biggest risk. I gashed my knee down to the bone so it had to be debrided and stitched by an orthopaedic surgeon.

It keeps sounding worse! I feel so bad for you..Did they give you an antibiotic?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
It keeps sounding worse! I feel so bad for you..Did they give you an antibiotic?

Yes I have had about 4 antibiotic drips and then will be on a course of oral antibiotics; still waiting to be discharged….I have been told that there is only one discharge doctor on duty for the entire hospital.:roll2: This is for a big city hospital not some small country hospital.

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Good grief! Reading along, your crash was sounding more and more serious! I hope you heal quickly, and truthfully, in keeping with the topic, I am genuinely looking forward to hearing you are discharged, healing, and have stacks of pearls on to shepherd along the healing process.

Thanks @Garnetgirl and @MamaBee it was just an unfortunate accident with a series of cascading events where I tripped. This photo is from my face hitting a (stationary) car. C3FAE26B-9BD0-4843-99B0-F849834D058A.jpeg
Oh No. How is your face? If you hit that face first it must have been a very hard fall. I'm so sorry and glad you will be discharged.

I was just about to comment on how tough CMN's noggin must be. Then I read how serious it was and I immediately felt bad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results