carat
color
clarity

What are you good at?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359694536|3369332 said:
Only if you bring the cash DF. I keep telling you this. Cash equals a$$.
i thought it was "no money no honey" ?.. :read: :lol: ..remember,what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ... :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.

I'm good at eating pizza.

Does that count? :bigsmile:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Dates. I have a great memory for when things occurred (I mean the actual date they occurred) - even things about other people's lives.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm very good at getting lost, the 2nd best at it I ever knew; my sister takes 1st prize. I told DH on our first few dates that if I say "turn left," he should go right, and the more certain I am, the more he should hang a right. We never fail to get there that way!

--- Laurie

D

Deactivated member 42515

vtigger86 said:
i thought it was "no money no honey" ?.. :read: :lol: ..remember,what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ... :naughty:
DF, you're all talk and no action! You're not even going! And I have asked you repeatedly to leave your wife but noooooo, it's never gonna happen!

:)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Math. I'm faster than anyone around me at doing calculations in my head. I wish my daughters had inherited this ability, because I believe my abilities are mostly due to the archaic way I was taught to do math in the 60's and 70's. We had to do all our math calculations in our head and out loud, with no calculators. It was a bit terrifying at the time, but the method seemed to stick. I believe girls especially can tend to be afraid of math. I always embraced it. I tried to get my daughters to think the same way, but it didn't work. My oldest is much better at math now since working pt as a bank teller. :tongue:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Making three dimensional objects in metal, fabric or yarn. I recently discovered an aptitude for knitting and spinning yarn, and also took classes in silver smithing, which I turned out to be good at.

Also, writing laws. I'm a bit of a late starter, but I went back to school, and now I just started a new job, where I write law. I have the first one I wrote right here on my desk, in a frame.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I guess I should answer the question 8) I'm pretty good at solving problems and that's what led me to get my degree in management. I enjoy figuring things out and I get such a rush of satisfaction from finding solutions etc. I am good at cooking and volleyball, basketball and soccer. And sewing. It's relaxing.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can sing. I can also figure out music on the piano.

I can cook anything. Cooking is really therapeutic for me. But, I hate baking. It's too precise. I have to be able to create in the kitchen, not follow recipes to a "t."

I am so super incredible at getting lost, even with a GPS! Top that you human GPS amazing people!

I'm weirdly flexible.

I can grow things, plants, veggies, roses, beautiful children... :bigsmile:

Edit to add: I can get people to open up to me, not for evil though, just because I really care.

D

Deactivated member 42515

House Cat said:
I'm weirdly flexible.

Oh House Cat, you've called upon the immortal womanizer. I see DF coming here and making an obnoxious, perverted comment about your flexibility.

Hell, it turned me on! ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT - you are also good at finding amazing deals on eBay!!! You have sourced some amazing things for many PSers :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1359758358|3370030 said:
I can sing. I can also figure out music on the piano.

I can cook anything. Cooking is really therapeutic for me. But, I hate baking. It's too precise. I have to be able to create in the kitchen, not follow recipes to a "t."

I am so super incredible at getting lost, even with a GPS! Top that you human GPS amazing people!

I'm weirdly flexible.

I can grow things, plants, veggies, roses, beautiful children... :bigsmile:

Edit to add: I can get people to open up to me, not for evil though, just because I really care.

I'm the grim reaper of all things plant... thankfully haven't progressed to children yet! :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YT - you are also good at finding amazing deals on eBay!!! You have sourced some amazing things for many PSers :appl:
Hahaha oh Enerchi! You make me blush! I'm not that great! But I did have an awesome teacher!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359762597|3370085 said:
Enerchi said:
Hahaha oh Enerchi! You make me blush! I'm not that great! But I did have an awesome teacher!!

Oh will you two just go get a room already? :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359759003|3370040 said:
House Cat said:
I'm weirdly flexible.

Oh House Cat, you've called upon the immortal womanizer. I see DF coming here and making an obnoxious, perverted comment about your flexibility.

Hell, it turned me on! ;-)
i used to be able to do the split and touch my knee with my head w/o bending my legs... :praise:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1359753304|3369920 said:
vtigger86 said:
DF, you're all talk and no action! You're not even going! And I have asked you repeatedly to leave your wife but noooooo, it's never gonna happen!

no need to leave my wife...a man can have a few mistresses... :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

yssie said:
Enerchi said:

Only if you'll join us Yssie :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dancing Fire|1359763591|3370096 said:
YT|1359753304|3369920 said:
vtigger86 said:

no need to leave my wife...a man can have a few mistresses... :naughty:
Does your wife know that you come here and harass innocent women?! :tongue:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="YT|1359763792|

Does your wife know that you come here and harass innocent women?! :tongue:[/quote]

YT...i'm not gonna share a room with an innocent woman... :tongue: ...is your hubby going to Vegas with you?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I am, thankfully, very good at my job. Especially microscopy. I have a natural knack of ferreting out visual discrepancies - good at Where's Waldo and spot-the-differences pictures.

I am very good at schmoozing. It also comes in handy in my profession. I have to deal with very big egos at times.

What else? I am good at cleaning litter boxes. :lol: And bleaching the house, it turns out.

I am master at empathizing, especially if the situation calls for tears. I am a sympathetic crier.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am good at talking to total strangers, and doing my own nails (I do the chipless manicure with a UV light and they look great), and at just plain GETTING THINGS DONE. You go something you need taken care of, just call Dee!

ETA: I just thought of a few more: I'm also really good at worrying about things--especially things that will NEVER EVERY happen... like being eaten by sharks. And I'm also good at appearing totally emotionless when I am actually at an extreme emotion in my own head; e.g., when I'm so mad at someone and my blood pressure shoots so high that I've got tunnel vision, but I am cool as a cucumber on the outside. I sometimes have to remind people that becuase I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve it doesn't mean I don't HAVE them.

Dougsgirl

Shiny_Rock
This is such a cool thread! I love how everybody is so different.

Pardon the religious comparison, but I can't help but think it... This thread reminds me of the concept of the church being "The body of Christ", where each person in the "body" has his/her specific gifts and talents to contribute to the whole. Not everyone is a knee, or a hand, or a mouth, but together we complete the picture of who God created us to be.

Anyway... Sorry, that was a tangent. And I hope no one takes offense. I just think it's beautiful how it really does take "all kinds" for this world to go round!

I must confess I am so jealous of many of you!! What I would give to be a natural cook, or singer, or organizer, or navigator...

As for me...

I am a pretty good writer and can express myself well. I've often thought about writing a book, but I don't think I have the patience or discipline to actually FINISH one! I'm a great "starter". LOL

I am good at explaining things to people, or using word pictures and analogies to help something make sense to someone.

I am decent at acting and good at public speaking, and I really enjoy both but never get a chance to do either anymore.

I am good at researching travel destinations and finding the best things to do/see/try in any given location. I LOVE to plan trips!

I am good at making people feel good. It is important to me to be "real" and I am very transparant about my life, therefore people usually feel comfortable around me and feel free to open up. I like people and they usually like me.

I'm good at small talk, and/or deep conversations.
I remember movie quotes.
I make a killer martini and great chocolate chip cookies...even though I barely cook.
I am a pretty good amateur photographer, mostly because I am good at making people feel comfortable and therefore they are relaxed in front of the camera.
I am optimistic and desire to see the best in people and situations.
I am honest and trustworthy, but I'm also really good at being naughty. :naughty:

Thanks for this thread and for sharing each of your gifts! I look forward to reading more!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Dougsgirl|1359874704|3370959 said:

Pardon the religious comparison, but I can't help but think it... This thread reminds me of the concept of the church being "The body of Christ", where each person in the "body" has his/her specific gifts and talents to contribute to the whole. Not everyone is a knee, or a hand, or a mouth, but together we complete the picture of who God created us to be.

Anyway... Sorry, that was a tangent. And I hope no one takes offense. I just think it's beautiful how it really does take "all kinds" for this world to go round!

I must confess I am so jealous of many of you!! What I would give to be a natural cook, or singer, or organizer, or navigator...

As for me...

I am a pretty good writer and can express myself well. I've often thought about writing a book, but I don't think I have the patience or discipline to actually FINISH one! I'm a great "starter". LOL

I am good at explaining things to people, or using word pictures and analogies to help something make sense to someone.

I am decent at acting and good at public speaking, and I really enjoy both but never get a chance to do either anymore.

I am good at researching travel destinations and finding the best things to do/see/try in any given location. I LOVE to plan trips!

I am good at making people feel good. It is important to me to be "real" and I am very transparant about my life, therefore people usually feel comfortable around me and feel free to open up. I like people and they usually like me.

I remember movie quotes.
I make a killer martini and great chocolate chip cookies...even though I barely cook.
I am a pretty good amateur photographer, mostly because I am good at making people feel comfortable and therefore they are relaxed in front of the camera.
I am honest and trustworthy, but I'm also really good at being naughty. :naughty:

Thanks for this thread and for sharing each of your gifts! I look forward to reading more!

Me. I wrote something like 85 pages of a novel, let it sit stagnant for 6 months, and then lost the whole thing when my laptop died (of course I didn't back it up). I've not even attempted to rewrite it in the last 2 years. :nono:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1359890672|3371003 said:
Dougsgirl|1359874704|3370959 said:

As for me...

I remember movie quotes.

Me. I wrote something like 85 pages of a novel, let it sit stagnant for 6 months, and then lost the whole thing when my laptop died (of course I didn't back it up). I've not even attempted to rewrite it in the last 2 years. :nono:

Oh my goodness!!! That's SOOO sad! DH is always yelling at me to save everything on a USB to avoid such thing. Maybe a better novel is yet to come?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1359763067|3370088 said:
Enerchi said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
04diamond<3|1359921679|3371317 said:
Yssie|1359763067|3370088 said:
Enerchi said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh Yssie! That is so funny!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

vtigger86 said:
[quote="YT|1359763792|

Does your wife know that you come here and harass innocent women?! :tongue:

YT...i'm not gonna share a room with an innocent woman... :tongue: ...is your hubby going to Vegas with you?[/quote]
No he is not. And neither are you!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT|1359677086|3369084 said:

Hey, I'm pretty good at wiggling my eyebrows too.

:cheeky:

(also great at sticking my tongue out to the side)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm good at organization and paying attention to details - very helpful in my job.
I'm good at directions and remembering dates as well.
I'm also good at sleeping, drinking wine, eating pizza, and holding a grudge. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results