shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you driving away in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies! I was just curious how everyone plans to leave their ceremony/reception?

I had the perfect set-up for a good price: a one-way limo, red carpet roll out & champagne from the reception to the hotel... then the lady called me back to tell me that she accidentally overbooked and that they couldn''t book me after all.
29.gif

Since then, I''ve been looking (and apparently our wedding night is also a big prom night) so a lot of stuff is booked or way overpriced.

FI said that he could drive us away, but I really don''t want the wedding party trashing our car. I think it''s so tacky to drive away with condoms and silly string hanging all over the place... not to mention, I don''t want to clean it up in the morning.

Anybody have any other fun ideas or experiences? We only need to get 8 miles down the road!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH drove us away in my car. I hear ya though on the crap everywhere... someone put a lubed condom on the gear shifter thing! DH tried to pull it off and it just streeeetched and streeeetched and finally popped off and almost hit me in the face while we were trying to leave! You could always threaten the wedding party with their lives if they decorated lol.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i thought it would be cute if FI & i could do our drive away on his scooter (moped). that''s what he drives around town & he lets me ride on the back a lot. he also took me for a scooter ride the night he proposed. but getting on the back w/my dress may not work out...we shall see...

i love the vintage car getaways but we don''t have room in the budget for that.

btw, sorry the limo company flaked out--that sucks
38.gif
38.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Luckily for me, my family doesn''t do the "trashing car thing." I guess it''s a cultural.

We plan to party until the end and then hitch a ride from a family member (we could walk because it''s that close) to the hotel where we''ll spend the night of our wedding. We won''t have either of our cars in the area where everything is happen because someone will have to drop us off at the airport early the next morning.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
We have a close family friend who is the manager o a local BMW dealership, and he is lending us 4 BMW 650i convertibles on the day as a present to us. We originally were going to book a 1957 Chevy Belair limo, but they charged a $300 travel fee each way (from north Jersey) in addition to their rental fees
6.gif

6a00d83451b3c669e200e54f1962b88833-640wi.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We drove away in a giant bus
3.gif
We rented a bus to take people to and from the hotels and we left our car at the reception place and took the bus back with everyone else. No way one of us was going to DD at our own wedding! Haha. Then the next day someone drove us to get our car (I think it was my parents) and then we went home to shower and change into clothes for our picnic.

eta: We left our reception at 11-something at night - we were exhausted and just wanted to get our stuff back to the hotel and sleep! I knew nobody would even be watching us drive away, so I didn't really think about it. If we had a lunch reception or something it would've been cool to do the limo thing.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
We drove away in a vintage Chevy Impala. (I think it was a 1970.) My husband surprised me with it! A friend of ours loaned it to him for the getaway. We were a little sad when they came and took it back!
3.gif
Here''s a picture of it:

getawaysdklfjdsjf.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably my ''01 Mountaineer, the next day
1.gif

Nothing fancy this end!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the venues we end up choosing for the Ceremony, Reception, and our Hotel...we may or may not need a getaway car, lol. Also, I''m more concerned with the transport from the Ceremony to the Reception if they''re at different places. I plan on getting a vintage Bently for A and myself for that!
9.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
We''re getting married in a restuarant with a boat jetty, so I think we''ll leave by water taxi!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand why people would want to drive themselves from their wedding reception? You would have to set a very strict limit on drinking, and I know I enjoyed relaxing with a few drinks at my reception. Not drunk, but certainly over the legal limit!

I would just save the money and get a cab. You can spend that extra $$$ you would spend on a car on a nice couples massage the next day or something.

I don''t mean to sound condescending, but I can think of heaps of things I would rather spend my money on than transport from the reception.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and all his buddies are hardcore German car fanatics and mechanics, so the whole day we''ll be driven around in a caravan of Audi''s, BMW''s and VW''s. We''ll be our buddies beautiful all black BMW M5. After the wedding we''re going bar hopping so I rented a school bus to take us around the city. Woo Hoo!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I am arriving in my future FIL''s 1928 Model A ford, and we are leaving in a limosine.

InLoveinSF

Rough_Rock
I think at least one of the reasons why people want to have a cool getaway car is the photos. I mean, as you are researching wedding photographers, wedding venues, wedding this and wedding that, you look at websites and tons and tons of photos, which shape your own desires for your wedding. Professional photos with vintage vehicles look neat, no question. But the one thing to keep in mind is, if your wedding is ending late, and you are only using the car on your way back, the photos won''t be that spectacular. If you search inside yourself and realize that the photos are the reason why you want to have that cool car, you might want to consider doing a "day-after" or "trash-the-dress" session with your photographer on some later day and you can rent a car for that.
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results