shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing for Halloween decorations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and since it''s officially October, I''ve been thinking about how I''m going to decorate our house! Does anyone else do this? So far I''m thinking orange, green and purple fairy lights and replacing our front porch lamp with a black light bulb. We''ll also carve some jack-o-lanterns and put those out on the porch. When I was a kid, we used to stuff old clothes with newspaper to make a scarecrow to sit on the front porch, so maybe I''ll run to the thrift store and do something like that as well.

What about you guys? Do you decorate for Halloween?

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I put our decorations up the other night, and I was behind! I saw orange lights going up last week and after that it was Halloween central in our neighborhood! haha
I still have to get our real pumpkins for carving later in the month, but here''s what we put out:
Headstones and grates out front with some witches etc. Light up pumpkin in front window and more witches and scarecrows. "Knock if you dare'' sign on the door. Inside it looks like Halloween threw up!! haha Candy corn dishes and towels in kitchen and bath, ghosts and goblins, candle holders. It''s not really too over the top, but I grew up with tons of decorations for every holiday and I like to do the same!
emvamp.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t do much since I don''t really have room in the condo, but I already have a ton of wrought iron candleholder with a very gothic look to them and one candleabra with a spiderweb pattern in it and assorted other things. I have a Halloween/Samhain door hanger that I can finaly put out now that it''s October (condo rules... can''t decorate until the actual month)

I did get these from Pottery Barn-
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p11119/index.cfm?pkey=gthmnewfhl&cm_src=hplink

And certainly want to get this-
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p11136/index.cfm?pkey=gthmnewfhl&cm_src=hplink

Check out the rest of their Halloween things, it''s neat. Expensive but it''s Pottery Barn.

Also this from Illuminations, now it''s on sale! Their Halloween stuff is cute too. I hate that there isn''t a store in Mass. anymore.
http://www.illuminations.com/jump.jsp?itemID=16124&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=11&iSubCat=20485&iProductID=16124

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t usually decorate for Halloween because you have to take it all down at the end of October. I decorated for the autumn season though. I have leaf-y vines and bouquets of fall flowers and colors. I always buy cinnamon infused pine cones used to decorate and make the apartment smell good! We''ll buy our pumpkins and small gourdes later in the month as we don''t want them to spoil.

Happy October to all!
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decorated our house two weekends ago...we like to get the ball rolling!

We put corn stalks around our lamp posts and we have a witch on the front of our house...it is one of those that looks like she flew into the house. We also have a ghost in one of the corn stalks and a pumpkin decoration on a stick that is stuck in our potted mums. There is a scarecrow out there as well.

Inside we have a few pumpkins and a Halloween tree decoration. The kids get so excited about all the decorations. I have even gotten all three of them their costumes for Trick or Treat...phew, it is nice to be so ahead of things!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
My goodies from our new "Home Goods" store. This is the extent of my Halloween decor.

Halloween1.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Our front door. This was thrown together with leftover stuff in my craft closet. I''m not crazy about it, but it will be ok
until I go all out for Christmas!

FrontDoor.jpg

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Bebe, I love the greenery in your planters. What types of plants are in there?

Thanks!

bebe

Ideal_Rock

Date: 10/1/2008 4:47:25 PM
Author: Giada
Bebe, I love the greenery in your planters. What types of plants are in there?

Thanks!
ha ha, they are all FAKE !!

I hate fake greenery, but I just don''t take the best of care of my plants, ;-)

I used to, but these days it seems it''s easier to use the fake stuff.
Up to a few years ago, I was always shocked to see very nice homes
with fake stuff at the door or elsewhere, but heck, now I see it
all the time, I just joined the party!

But I do have real live plants in pots all around my pool and patios, so
I won''t banish myself to plant he** yet!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
omg im soo sad... I love to decorate... but we just moved in an apt :( Im gonna try to see if I can decorate outside my door.. i know so sad... I am really disappointed though..but FF just says... it was YOUR idea to move... so blah...
Here is a pic BEFORE I put up the orange icicle lights and the huge spider web I made.. and before out 11 pumpkins... :)
BBloveshalloween.jpg
and then here is the pic of us on Halloween.. dont ask about why we look so stupid.. LOL we ran out of time to finish getting ready which meant my hair went up lol and makeup not finished! but you can see my spider web I made and my icicle lights... I dont think my batty lights are up either.. those are my FAV!!! :)

ourhousebeforeBB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results