shape
carat
color
clarity

What are these prongs called?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like little "dots"...

I am thinking I might like that look for the wedding band...but are they safe? In your opinion do they overpower the diamonds? Has anyone ever seen them used to hold center stones?

ClassicJewelers0218.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *think* that is called bead set pave. And I don't think they can hold center stones...but I might be wrong. But the prongs for the center stone can be minimized like in that picture, but I think it's a slightly different look.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Neatfreak! Do you know if they''re just as "safe" for holding diamonds?

Hey, that was your 1,000 post!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had a bead set eternity band just like that. I wore it abuot a year before I changed by set and sold it, but I never had any issues with the stones.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 12:56:14 PM
Author: claudinam
Thanks Neatfreak! Do you know if they''re just as ''safe'' for holding diamonds?

Hey, that was your 1,000 post!
It''s safe for the most part, but occassionally a stone will fall out. These small stones are fairly cheap to replace, maybe about $20. More like a PITA, not really an expense LOL.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys...

kcoursolle, that was another question I had, actually...I don''t know what size I''m going to end up with, but it looks like I''ll end up around 2mm...how can I ensure I get the sparkliest one possible? Does quality of the stones matter when they''re so small?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 2:48:55 PM
Thanks guys...

kcoursolle, that was another question I had, actually...I don''t know what size I''m going to end up with, but it looks like I''ll end up around 2mm...how can I ensure I get the sparkliest one possible? Does quality of the stones matter when they''re so small?

I have a ritani band and I can HIGHLY recommend it both for the beauty of the setting and for the quality (SPARKLE!) of the little stones. No matter what diamond wedding band I try it on with, mine ALWAYS looks nicer and more sparkly, even when comparing to ones at Tiffany''s!!!

My band is 1.8 wide with .75 of a point melee in the band. They are full cut diamonds, which is important for sparkle, and are supposed to be pretty ideally cut as well. Ultimately, the same things matter with smaller stones, but clarity becomes even less of an issue as long as there are no black inclusions.

For the durability, make sure to stick with a good brand name or a good craftsman for your ring. There is a big difference between crappy set pave and nice set pave. I can even put mine in the ultrasonic with no problems (knock on wood...).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 2:48:55 PM
Thanks guys...

I would buy from ritani, WF has high quality melee, and some other designers do as well. I would avoid melee that is I1 or worse, because these are likely to be less sparkly.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks neatfreak and kcoursolle...I would hate to end up with a "dead-looking" wedding band...and for the pointer about going no less than SI1 and/or black inclusions...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Claud-

Check our my thread (right below your''s at the moment). I have the WhiteFlash bead set pave eternity band and love it! I may add milgraining too it, but I''m not 100% sure. Either way, it''s more of a shimmer than sparkle because of the size.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks February2003bride...I''ll check it out...it''s been a few days though, hope I find it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results