shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the top 5 best Diamond links besides Pricescope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
I think pricescope is great! good info, fast, friendly, respectful knowlegeable people. are there any more out there almost as good?

What are your top 5, why, and what do you use them for ?

TIA

iZ

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

there is no other!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 9:35:06 AM
Author: belle
6.gif

there is no other!

What bell said

Shay37

Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have uttered the ultimate blasphemy of Internet Forums.

This is akin to raising your hand at church to ask which religion is right.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Ok , I've been with PS for not even 2 months yet, and I had combed the web for info. When I found PS I couldn't believe that there was people out there that knew so much and didn't come down on you for something that you might not know but to take the time to help you find what you are looking for and to make sure you understand what you might not. I've done and decided not to look for anywhere else for my illness I have now for diamonds, but to just keep using PS where I know that I will always get a good answer, the right answer, and most of all a friendly answer!!!
face23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2006 9:35:06 AM
Author: belle
6.gif

there is no other!
DITTO DITTO!
2.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 9:50:15 AM
Author: kenny
You have uttered the ultimate blasphemy of Internet Forums.

This is akin to raising your hand at church to ask which religion is right.
Kenny, as usual, good comments.

Still, good question, ideawizard, and note, smarter people than us have asked this before.

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 10:08:45 AM
Author: kittycatsmac
Ok , I''ve been with PS for not even 2 months yet, and I had combed the web for info. When I found PS I couldn''t believe that there was people out there that knew so much and didn''t come down on you for something that you might not know but to take the time to help you find what you are looking for and to make sure you understand what you might not. I''ve done and decided not to look for anywhere else for my illness I have now for diamonds, but to just keep using PS where I know that I will always get a good answer, the right answer, and most of all a friendly answer!!!
face23.gif
PS is like a websters dictionary for diamonds

for those who suffer from this illness, its only a click away to get a fix.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will join the chorus on the AMEN''s but will add that many of the vendors here, GOG, Whiteflash and others have huge information sections on their websites. I think Jon does all of his own work and may have slept once a couple of years ago, while Whiteflash has a team that creates wonderful content drawing on the resources of Brian the Cutter and the very learned former diamond consumer John Quixote. Octunus in Russia also has much wonderful content and the diamcalc software which I have personally seen used at AGS in their cut study work. It was actually seeing the software used that convinced me that even a small jeweler in Boise, Idaho could not afford to be without such an incredible tool.

Of course here you get the benefit of their combined wisdom plus the verbal dueling as they and other experts go toe to toe with agreements one day and dissagreements the next. The benfit of this is that ALL of us are forced to constantly continue to re examine our views and to check our facts and our interpretation of these facts.

Some of what goes on here ends up back at GIA, AGS, Octunus and other research locations to be further evaluated to see if we are on track or off our rockers.

Welcome to the cutting edge. The people here are up to date with the latest technology and information and we will have loud and vociferous discussions about it. There is much to wade through and there will often NOT be consensus, so for full and complete discussion, there is NO place like Pricescope. It is the only such site that I am aware of that allows full and unbiased discussion of all aspects of the industry.

Wink

P.S. Apologies to the many other wonderful researchers and contributors here, this was in no means an attempt to list them all.

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
Great, fast, respectful, forthright, fiesty informative and and cantankerous repilies.. I like it here! In my company we have an axiom..Always give the most useful information delivered in the most respectful way in the least amount of time.. thanks for letting me in on the skinny!

iZ

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
33.gif
There''s more to life than PriceScope?????
23.gif

I''m content in my own little PS world.
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 7:29:42 PM
Author: moon river
33.gif
There''s more to life than PriceScope?????
23.gif

I''m content in my own little PS world.
20.gif
Me too!!!
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2006 12:54:36 PM
Author: Wink

I will join the chorus on the AMEN's but will add that many of the vendors here, GOG, Whiteflash and others have huge information sections on their websites. I think Jon does all of his own work and may have slept once a couple of years ago, while Whiteflash has a team that creates wonderful content drawing on the resources of Brian the Cutter and the very learned former diamond consumer John Quixote.

Those are part of "Pricescope" for me (i.e. browser from a distance) and ... even if there might be nicer diamond gettogethers on the Net, no idea what and where they are. This one is by all means enough for everything I'd care to say
23.gif

For 'listening' (i.e. reading), I liked Wikipedia's pages on Diamond cut. You may recognize some of the prominently featured authors though. Don't think there was much mention of this 'source' around. And you will not get too much different stuff than already haunts this forum.

I am very convinced that it really is this forum's policy to allow mostly buyers to 'talk' that makes it this way. Dunno how you guy got the idea, hope there are many more in kind where it came from !
9.gif

Date: 3/17/2006 12:54:36 PM

Octunus in Russia also has much wonderful content and the diamcalc software which I have personally seen used at AGS in their cut study work. It was actually seeing the software used that convinced me that even a small jeweler in Boise, Idaho could not afford to be without such an incredible tool.
Careful... that thing is dangerously addictive. You surely have allot more use for this little bit of software than I do, and that darn Hasp key didn't get off the bottom of my laptop for months now
15.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
te:[/b] 3/17/2006 7:46:20 PM
Author: valeria101

Octunus in Russia also has much wonderful content and the diamcalc software which I have personally seen used at AGS in their cut study work. It was actually seeing the software used that convinced me that even a small jeweler in Boise, Idaho could not afford to be without such an incredible tool.

Careful... that thing is dangerously addictive. You surely have allot more use for this little bit of software than I do, and that darn Hasp key didn''t get off the bottom of my laptop for months now
15.gif

[/quote]

LOL! I bought the version without the key. I hate Dongles, they make me crazy.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/17/2006 2:43:07 PM
Author: ideawizard
In my company we have an axiom..Always give the most useful information delivered in the most respectful way in the least amount of time.. thanks for letting me in on the skinny!

iZ

What does your company do? Sounds like a great policy to me.

Wink

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
Nothing compares to Pricescope
30.gif

There is another DIAMOND forum who like to TALK about stones but I always find arguments and bickering!!!
23.gif
2.gif

Pricescope is very friendly and helpful.
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS is sophisticated , intelligent and civilized. The other is like the cartoon network. Kind of like PS reminds me of The New York Times and the other is more like USA Today.
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 7:20:42 PM
Author: kaleigh

PS is sophisticated , intelligent and civilized. The other is like the cartoon network. Kind of like PS reminds me of The New York Times and the other is more like USA Today.
2.gif
I''ve noticed that too. I''ve ''browsed'' another site before. I actually heard of it here. Did not care for it at all. I know alot of PSers are on there but I prefer my little niche here.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I researched for 6+ mos before we found our asscher at GOG. Once I found PS there wasn''t a need to search any further...and believe me I searched high and low. Not only is PS a tremendous resource but you make so many wonderful friends as you go along an added bonus I had never even dreamed of prior to the discovery. GOG''s new website kicks MUCH butt.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 7:07:08 PM
Author: MissIndecisive
Nothing compares to Pricescope
30.gif

There is another DIAMOND forum who like to TALK about stones but I always find arguments and bickering!!!
23.gif
2.gif

Pricescope is very friendly and helpful.
12.gif

I completely agree, the tone here is very different having browsed... others extensively.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif
am i on that list?
34.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
Haha funny analogy!

I found the other big diamond site 3 years ago before PS, but I just didn't find it interesting...I ended up finding PS either through a link on there or something I googled and I've been here ever since. The main thing I have always loved is that there are such knowledgeable industry experts here, from all over the world and that some 'ground breaking' discussions seem to happen here first. The experts respect consumers and PS gives an education that more probably wish they had found 'before'. For me there definitely is no other, forget a top 5!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results