shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the chances that my diamond is USED?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I know we don''t all have brand new diamonds here... so does anyone know what the chances are that my generic asscher has been previously loved?
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Depends on where you got it :)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
It was purchased through my jeweler who doesn''t deal with antiques or estate pieces in his store. It was also GIA graded.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 11:36:30 PM
Author: oobiecoo
It was purchased through my jeweler who doesn''t deal with antiques or estate pieces in his store. It was also GIA graded.
It could have been someones diamond that they chose to upgrade

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 11:10:19 PM
Author:oobiecoo
I know we don''t all have brand new diamonds here... so does anyone know what the chances are that my generic asscher has been previously loved?
1.gif
It is a strong possibility...diamonds are in constant circulation around the world...retail,wholesale,trade ins, private sales, and theft all put diamonds back into the buying/selling pool...a large percentage of my diamonds have had previous owners...my best diamond has had as many as 3 owners before me...once even being used as a trade for a car at a BMW dealership!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 12:11:40 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 10/14/2008 11:10:19 PM
Author:oobiecoo
1.gif
It is a strong possibility...diamonds are in constant circulation around the world...retail,wholesale,trade ins, private sales, and theft all put diamonds back into the buying/selling pool...a large percentage of my diamonds have had previous owners...my best diamond has had as many as 3 owners before me...once even being used as a trade for a car at a BMW dealership!
I love that, jewelerman! I absolutely adore that diamonds have a history, and knowing that history makes them so cool. It''s part of the reason I''m obsessed with antique cuts. I *know* they''re not brand-new, and that makes them all the more special to me.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I know that my prior asschers are on other people''s hands now. My jeweler has a 100% value upgrade policy, and when I traded them back, I noticed them back up on his website for a few weeks before someone else bought them.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My previous asscher is someone else''s now. I sold my studs so hopefully someone else has those stones. They were very pretty!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Geez...I never even thought of that. My SO and I are going to look for diamonds in two weeks...if I pick a diamond I'm totally gonna ask the jeweler if it has a history! Especially since I'm going with an antique cut.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea if my stones have a past, but it does not bother me if they do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results