shape
carat
color
clarity

What are some of your pet peeves?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
People who don''t wash their hands after they have been to the loo!
14.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 4:44:54 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 5/24/2010 4:41:02 PM
Author: Steal

Date: 5/24/2010 3:28:12 PM
Author: kenny

Someone taking up two parking spots with their new or expensive car so nobody will ding their doors.
Guilty
11.gif

My pet peeve is that idiots cannot park within their own lines and slam their doors against my poor, innocent car. So I am a space hog; loud and proud.

I hate noise - why can''t people be quiet?

I also hate rude and inconsiderate drivers; just get from a to b folks, in a timely fashion. Fooster on your own time
29.gif
So just to clarify: you don''t like people that can''t park between the lines, so you don''t park between the lines?
Are you trying to shake my branches or think you are being clever?

Hint this is a pet peeve thread; I''m cranky and I know how to use it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 5:26:10 PM

Someone taking up two parking spots with their new or expensive car so nobody will ding their doors.
Guilty
11.gif

My pet peeve is that idiots cannot park within their own lines and slam their doors against my poor, innocent car. So I am a space hog; loud and proud.

I also hate rude and inconsiderate drivers; just get from a to b folks, in a timely fashion. Fooster on your own time
29.gif
So just to clarify: you don''t like people that can''t park between the lines, so you don''t park between the lines?

Neither, I''m honestly trying to make sure I understand correctly.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, only fair that I chime in:

I can''t stand people who change lanes without using their turn signal. It doesn''t take any extra time to turn it on, and it makes it safer for everybody around you!

People who pitch a fit at employees that are just trying to enforce a rule (like trying to gently steer the person with a full cart away from the 10 items or less line). It''s not the employee''s fault that you''re acting like an entitled moron.

Actually, entitled morons. Full stop.

People who talk with their mouths full. I don''t need to know that your shrimp isn''t quite chewed up enough, thankyouverymuch.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, some of you have serious pet peeves! I guess I just wanted to read some light-hearted fun peeves
3.gif

Some more of mine:

-"Microwaveable" burritos and such that explode and ooze out so you lose half of the filling
-Toilet paper hung the wrong way, I always have to correct it
-Stinky food at the office (like a steamed broccoli).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 5:37:16 PM

Date: 5/24/2010 5:26:10 PM

Guilty
11.gif

29.gif

Neither, I''m honestly trying to make sure I understand correctly.
Pet peeve: Smart a$$''s.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal, sometimes you post and it doesn''t sound like you.
7.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
The word "congrats", whether written or spelled. I don''t know why, but I can NEVER bring myself to type it or say it out loud. It bugs me. ''Hubby'' is another.

Then there''s the people who ask questions or order food or try to converse with any other person in any other way while they are talking on their cell phone. I just find this so rude and disrespectful.

Men who BLATANTLY check out women like they are a piece of property or meat. I don''t mind being looked at, or smiled at, or a man saying ''hello'' in a flirty sort of way, but when you see their head follow you as you walk by, and feel their eyes burning a hole in your butt as you walk away, I find that very disrespectful, rude and disgusting. It almost makes me feel violated, and like my rights are being infringed upon! Haha.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:10:12 PM
Author: Maisie
Steal, sometimes you post and it doesn''t sound like you.
7.gif
Sometimes my chain is yanked for no good reason; I certainly didn''t advertise I was available for nit picking this week. Or did I?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please keep the thread on topic and away from personal attacks or it will be closed.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Drivers. What a bunch of idiots.

I hate the ones that take forever to move, like when you''re trying to let someone out and they can''t flippin decide whether they are ready to trust your good intentions or whether they should just sit tight for a while. Would you perhaps prefer a written invitation?? And it''s worse at traffic lights. Oh I''m sorry, did the changing lights come as a surprise to you? Were you hoping for a particular shade of green? WAKE UP AND PUT THE FOOT DOWN for god''s sake.

And, even more so than slow drivers, I hate the ones who can''t decide what bloody speed they want to drive at. You think it''s safe to overtake when they decide no, they''ve discovered where the accelerator is located, and they''d like to try edging towards the speed limit. Then a slight bend in the road, a car in the distance, or a friggin change in the wind causes a panic induced pounding at the brakes and whoa, we''re back down to 50kmph for a while. Meantime, some idiot boy racer is all but pushing you off the road. What do you want me to do, drive through the slow car in front of me? GET OFF MY ASS!!

And why can''t people learn how to use roundabouts? They''re everywhere, get used to it. You''ll find the indicator is very conveniently placed right there alongside the steering wheel, have a little looksie and bloody well use it. I''m not a mind-reader, just thinking that you might want to turn left is not enough of a warning for me.

Oh man I could go on all day.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy.
Now I''m really nervous about driving around Ireland, Porridge!
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like it when drivers change lanes without signaling first. I also don''t like it when drivers constantly weave around cars just because they''re too impatient to actually ride behind someone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DRIVERS STOPPED AT A CORNER, HOLDING UP TRAFFIC, TALKING ON THEIR CELLPHONES
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
AAAAAAHHHHHH!

No joke, I see this in Los Angeles a couple times a year.
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:23:53 PM
Author: Haven
Oh boy.

Now I''m really nervous about driving around Ireland, Porridge!
3.gif
Just stay out of my way Haven
3.gif

Nah don''t mind me, I''m just ranting. Bad drivers are universal, I''m sure they''re no worse here than anywhere else. We just have narrower roads, so we can''t zip past the annoying ones!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Huge pet peeve..

writing "YOUR" instead of "YOU''RE (you are). See this from highly educated people all the time.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
- Passive-aggressiveness. People should either just say what they want to say or they shouldn''t say anything at all. I hate when people do this.

- People who think their way is the only "right" way and everyone else in the world is wrong. And because THEY do things the "right" way, somehow that makes them better than everyone else in the world.

- People who can''t manage to say a simple thank you to anyone for anything. People who have a sense of entitlement and think others are just *supposed* to do things for them, pay for things for them, provide things for them.

In case you can''t tell, I have specific people in mind for *all* of these.
3.gif
40.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely skeeve when I see someone BITING THEIR NAILS
29.gif
. It just grosses me out.

People who DON''T signal when they change lanes. Conversely, people who DON''T turn off their directionals equally bother me......
32.gif

People who axe me a question, rather than ASK.
38.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
People who drink just to get obnoxiously drunk.

Couples who pick fights with each other in public.

People who let their toddlers run around in a grocery store where they can be in danger of being hit by shopping carts.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:34:44 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

People who let their toddlers run around in a grocery store where they can be in danger of being hit by shopping carts.
I get very uncomfortable with this. I don't want to manoeuvre or touch the child but sometimes they just keep coming at me! The best reply I got from a Daddy was; you better go around her, she won't move. Now I had no issue moving but she seemed to have radar for my leg. She was a cutie though.

I also hate when professionals use the word advise for advice or vice versa.

eta: ditzy spelling

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pet Peeve: how the word "issue" is used on PS.

I don't like when someone gives advice to newbies like:
H color is not an issue.
As long as it's eye-clean the clarity is not an issue.
A feather is not an issue when a pro checks it out.

I can't stand using the phrase "not an issue".
It implies that there is one absolute truth that applies to all people.

That point of view makes D IF diamonds identical to G VS2s.
People who get educated and still want a D IF , or a diamond with no cracks, are not wrong, bad or stupid.
People just vary.
Don't impose your standards onto others.
Educate them, but then encourage them to establish their own informed standards.

Whether XYZ "is an issue" is a matter of personal opinion.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:34:44 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

Add to that people who let their kids roll around on their Heelies in restaurants. Waiters carry heavy trays full of hot food, and I really don''t want that spilling all over me or another innocent bystander, and I''m pretty certain parents don''t want it falling on their kids.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one I''m guilty of myself*:

*People with ugly feet, letting it all hang out for the world to see in the summer? Dry heels, bunions, untrimmed toenails?
9.gif

People who sneeze or cough into their hand, then proceed to want to shake hands?

People who don''t wipe down gym equipment

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 3:38:09 PM
Author: monarch64
Hypocritical attitudes in general.

When my hair gets blown around and gets stuck in my lip gloss.

When people make the most inane comments like ''working hard or hardly working?'' and think it''s the funniest thing EVAR. Just come in (or call) and conduct your business in a professional manner. This isn''t cocktail hour.
9.gif

I love #2 - I hate when this happens especially when I wipe my hair out of my face and then end up with lipgloss on my cheek, it''s extremely annoying!

I also can''t stand people who chew loudly and slow walkers who take up the whe sidewalk so you can''t get around.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 6:57:41 PM

Add to that people who let their kids roll around on their Heelies in restaurants. Waiters carry heavy trays full of hot food, and I really don''t want that spilling all over me or another innocent bystander, and I''m pretty certain parents don''t want it falling on their kids.
Totally agree!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Passive aggressiveness. Enough said.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Steal,

I''ve gone back and forth about posting this, but it really bothers me that I''ve upset you, so I''m going to throw caution to the wind and just do it.

I''m really sorry I upset you. That wasn''t my intention at all. I was asking a question to try to understand something that I currently do not understand. I''m sorry if it did not come across as a genuine question, but that''s all it was. I''m not trying to nit pick or yank your chain - I saw a chance to understand your perspective and wanted to take it. There was no other motivation for my question. I tried to clarify and explain that, but I guess that didn''t get worded quite right and upset you more - again, that wasn''t my intention. It hasn''t been a great day, and my brain is fried, so I apologize for the miscommunication.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 7:21:07 PM
Steal,

I've gone back and forth about posting this, but it really bothers me that I've upset you, so I'm going to throw caution to the wind and just do it.

I'm really sorry I upset you. That wasn't my intention at all. I was asking a question to try to understand something that I currently do not understand. I'm sorry if it did not come across as a genuine question, but that's all it was. I'm not trying to nit pick or yank your chain - I saw a chance to understand your perspective and wanted to take it. There was no other motivation for my question. I tried to clarify and explain that, but I guess that didn't get worded quite right and upset you more - again, that wasn't my intention. It hasn't been a great day, and my brain is fried, so I apologize for the miscommunication.
Thanks hun,

Join me in cracking a brewski and we will drink to a good night and better morning. Good luck with the presentation.

drinkingbuddies.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 7:33:40 PM
Date: 5/24/2010 7:21:07 PM

Steal,

I''ve gone back and forth about posting this, but it really bothers me that I''ve upset you, so I''m going to throw caution to the wind and just do it.

I''m really sorry I upset you. That wasn''t my intention at all. I was asking a question to try to understand something that I currently do not understand. I''m sorry if it did not come across as a genuine question, but that''s all it was. I''m not trying to nit pick or yank your chain - I saw a chance to understand your perspective and wanted to take it. There was no other motivation for my question. I tried to clarify and explain that, but I guess that didn''t get worded quite right and upset you more - again, that wasn''t my intention. It hasn''t been a great day, and my brain is fried, so I apologize for the miscommunication.

Thanks honey,

Join me in cracking a brewski and we will drink to a good night and better morning. Good luck with the presentation.

drinkingbuddies.gif

I really, really like that plan.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
today must be B*TCHY Monday
37.gif
i better keep my mouth shut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results