shape
carat
color
clarity

what are some of the items around your house...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This is a funny thread. The clunky brown 80''s clock/radio DF got as a bar mitzvah gift when he was 13! A year ago, (on my bidding) my parents gifted him with an Ipod docking radio/alarm clock. It worked as far as moving the brown thing out of the bedroom, but it just ended up with the cord wrapped around it and stashed in "his room".

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOTHING!!!!

It took a long time, but DH has *just* parted with all of the stuff he had that he never uses. We donated all of it to various charities. I also got rid of a couple hundred books that I don''t really need.

I''m very proud of DH. He is most definitely a converted packrat,though I do like to take some credit for that.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, we moved in 2008 and 2009, so twice now we''ve had the opportunity to clear out old stuff.

The ONLY "stuff" I''m dealing with right now is old bills/checks, etc., dating as far back as 2002. I''ve kept EVERYTHING! It''s out of control. My kids have been helping me shred stuff for the last week. Newest problem is what to do with all the bags of shredding stuff. Not sure if I can stick them in paper bags and put them in the recycling bin. What if a bag opens and all the shreds go flying down the street?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2010 11:07:04 AM
Author: CurlySue
My FI owns a small wind-up blue bunny that 'poops' jelly beans. When we were cleaning out the kitchen before we renovated it, I tried to throw it out. He flipped and insisted he must keep it. Now whenever I see it (it's tucked away in a drawer), it drives me BONKERS.
hahaha My kids would love a jelly-bean bunny that does that! lol

ETA - we got rid of *10 boxes* of books in 2008 and that was a HUGE relief. We had so many that we ran out of space on our book cases. The reason that I started picking out ones to part with was people would want to discuss books on the shelves. Books that I couldn't stand. . .and I'd have to pretend I liked the stories because the friends did. What discussion tipped me over the edge? "The Time Traveler's Wife."
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results