shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
This is my first post so please go easy on me.....

I have been reading for about 2 weeks.....

I have come accross the following diamond for $5010. which seems to be way less $$$ than other comparable diamonds.

round brilliant cut
1.14ct
6.68 x 6.64 x 4.1
Depth 61.5
Table 57
crown 15%
Pavillion 43%
HCA 1.2
Girdle is Medium faceted
Finish Grade is excellent
VS1
H color
EGL cert

thanks in advance

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi welcome to PS!!!
Maybe because it''s EGL certified??

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
thanks....

I now have another thing to look out....who certified the diamond.

I am trying to learn as much as I can as I want to make my purchase by early July.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
CAn you get the crown and pavilion angles, or have someone else look at the diamond? Sometimes some of the parameters on the EGL certed diamonds are a bit off....other times not...so it helps to have it checked out to make sure you''re getting what you think you are....have you seen the diamond?? How does it look????

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You can research the different types of certs. on this site...it is possible to get a good deal on an EGL certed diamond as long as you are getting what you think you are getting.....in terms of color and clarity, etc......so I wouldn''t rule it out....but I would CHECK it out!!!

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
Maxine,

I have not seen the diamond. I found it at abazias.com

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the vendor willing to provide a Sarin or Mega report for the diamond. That would help a lot.

Alternately, is the vendor willing to send it to an independent appraiser for evaluation - and are you willing to pay the $100 or so for that appraisal and shipping to find out?

Regardless of the answer to the first question, you should not buy the stone unless it goes through a good independent appraiser.

I will note that some of them can provide IdealScope images and assorted other reports.

Perry

USFBulls

Rough_Rock
whichever diamond i select I am going to have it sent to a local an independent appraiser.

i just emailed them to see if they are willing to provide a sarin report.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results