shape
carat
color
clarity

What about this cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking about this one. Opinions?

Report: GIA
Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1.21
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 58.5
Table: 65
Girdle: VTN-VTK,F
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.77-6.12X3.58
Length/Width: 1.11

Thanks very much!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
I am working on getting one, as soon as I do I will post it.

Thanks in advance!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Of course you can''t go by numbers- although this diamond has good ones.
I like the 58.5% depth- but be careful that the table has an even sparkle.
Sometimes a Radiant with depth below 60 and a larger table there may be a "fisheye". 65% is not really too large, so there may be a good chance it''s a nice stone.
I can''t interpret ideal scope images- but I would love to see some good photos!

If you''d like to post the price, I can let you know if it''s within reason.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
$3,739

Thanks for your help!

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
VS 2
J
EGL
6.53 X 6.47
Cushion
Depth 69
Table 52
Girdle Thin to Very THick Faceted
Crown 18.9
Pavillion 44.7
Culet No
Symm Good
Polish Good
Flouresence-No
Price $4,544.00

Any good?

I think its a conspiracy because everytime I call or email about a diamond I like...ooopps just sold. How DOES that happen? At this rate, I will never get engaged
7.gif

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Another (sorry)

Carat 1.06
Cut Cushion
Color I
Clarity IF
Report GIA
Cut Quality Good
Price: $4,139.00
Measurements 6.54*5.60*4.15
Depth 74.1
Table 52
Girdle m-vtk-f
Culet None
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
Fluorescence None

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Well, EGL is usually a BIG red flag.
In this case, J/VS2 is a grade where I could see the use of EGL- still, there''s little or no debate that it''s better to own a diamond with a GIA report

Plus, this diamond has too small a table and it''s likely not to be a great looking stone for all these reasons.
It certainly makes a 1.25 EGL J/VS2 at $4544 seem very expensive. On the list dealers use to gauge prices, there''s only $200 difference between J/VS2, and J/SI1.
By that benchmark, if the J/SI1 was avaiable for $3739, then a 1.25 J/VS2 would be about $4100. I haven''t seen that type of pricing for a while- diamond prices are way up over the last 18 months.
I don''t think finding the price of $3739, for a J/SI1 1.21, or $4100 for a J/VS2 1.25 are going to be easy- or even possible.
You should be able to find a 1 1/4 J/VS2 for around $5000

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your help. I cant believe I thought creating the setting and finding the jeweler would bne the harder part, HA. I have done all that and despite searching for over 3 months I still have no center stone. I am starting to think this isn''t going to happen and it''s really beginning to upset me.

I thank you for all of your help and opinions.

I will give this one last try and hope with all my heart I can find one within my range.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Beautifuldisaster, is it EGL USA or overseas? If it is EGL USA you can still get a reasonable grading within one grade or as accurate as GIA. see Grading Survey. Price of the stone should reflect the grading of course and you might want to check it with independent appraiser.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! I am contacting the seller to see if it is EGL US or not. Thanks for the link as well. Much appreciated.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
One more time......

Any good?

Report: GIA
Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1.10
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 62.8
Table: 58
Girdle: -
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.83-5.75X3.61
Length/Width: 1.19
Price: $4,069.00

Thanks!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize- I re-reading this thread, I was referring the Radiant Cut Stats- small tables on Cushions can be very nice indeed.

I also never meant to "Knock" anyone''s EGL diamond- just commenting on the relative value.

BD- $4k for a GIA H/VS2 1.10- that price is not really in line with current market conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results