shape
carat
color
clarity

What a difference! I guess it is the same diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cartier

Rough_Rock

I bought a Leo Princess today. In the store they showed me the IGI report from 10/06/04. They told me I could go online to Leo’s web site and see more info. I did, on Leo’s web site there is another IGI report, but from 12/13/04. Interesting…Wow the data was a lot more different on that newer report than I expected!

1st report then 2nd report

5.50 X 5.41 X 4.11, 5.45 X 5.43 X 3.85
I found that remarkable 4.11 vs 3.85 I am no expert but 6.7% seems like a lot!

0.98 Ct, 0.98 ct
depth: 75.9%, 70.9% here we go again 5% difference

table: 74%, 72.5

girdle: very thin to thick, thin to slightly thick

cutlet: none, none

polish: very good, good

symmetry: good, good

clarity: VS2, SI1

color: H, I

I guess I should see an appraiser, unless there is an educated way to guess which report is more accurate?

I just returned a non-branded (GIA report) 0.90ct E, VS1, depth 68.8%, table 68%, polish/symmetry: excellent/excellent. When I compared them side, by side this Leo did look to have more sparkle and fire to my untrained eye. I hope I made a good decision and would have really had to think it over a little more if in the store they told me the Leo was a I, SI1. It is definitely eye clean and did seem to sparkle more.

I paid $5,600 for the Leo, but only $4,800 (including plat band and tiffany setting) for the other.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Something just doesn''t seem right about those two reports. The measurements should be exactly the same. Are you sure you were given the right report?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It appears that someones Sarin is way off.

Cartier

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2005 4:14:58 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Something just doesn''t seem right about those two reports. The measurements should be exactly the same. Are you sure you were given the right report?

Really! Both reports indicate the preexisting Leo number inscribed on the girdle. Are there any fake Leo''s out there or is Leo using duplicate numbers?

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cartier:

If you are sure the serial numbers match then I would have an independent appraiser look at the stone. That way you can get an accurate report and peace of mind. Leo stones are not cheap by any means and I would hate to feel I was misled by different reports. Best luck to you and let everyone know the outcome.

For an appraiser Rich Sherwood or Dave Atlas are reputable.

Best,
Lori/yellowfan

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Was the diamond graded loose both times? The difference in depth alone .26 mm. I'm not sure exactly how the measurements are taken but perhaps Rhino or one of the other experts can chime in as to why there would be such a big difference between the two sets of measurements. It's also curious that a diamond graded in October is re-graded only 2 months later. Have you spoken to the store manager where you purchased the diamond to question why there is such a difference? Since diamonds are priced according to color and clarity it would seem like the second grading makes the stone less valuable since you went down one grade in both color and clarity.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
What's the difference between a H VS2 and an I SI1? 15 to 20 per cent?

I hope the price was at the right end of that 20%!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
You really need a professional in person opinion from an expert who has seen the diamond.
Id recommend finding an independent appraiser.

Cartier

Rough_Rock

I had it set just today, and neither of the reports mentions it not being lose, so I am pretty sure it was graded lose both times.

I went back to the store to discuss with the manager. They seem just as confused. They are "looking into it" and will circle back with me early next week.

Can anyone recommend an independent appraiser in the Loudoun Co. area of Northern Virginia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results