shape
carat
color
clarity

WG rings on silver chain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am starting a new rotation on Monday and will be spending half days in clinic and half days in operating theatre. I am thinking of getting a chain to put the rings on while in surgery, but with the prices of white gold being so high, I would be probably only getting a silver necklace.

Do you think the 18k WG rings would get damaged from the movement on the silver chain?

Thanks!!

~*kalypso*~

Rough_Rock
I''ve thought about the same thing too many times, (even though I''m not engaged yet) I was even contemplating pinning it to the inside of my bra
19.gif
Haha.

I''d be uncomfortable putting two different kinds of metal against each other. If I did though, I''d probably get the same kind of metal with a very good clasp and ask them to put a second clasp on, or cheapest/safest thing to do, leave the ring at home.

35.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kalypso,

Thanks for your reply! I totally agree that leaving the ring home is the safest option. It is just that I was quite keen to start wearing my ring to work... We have been married for almost 4 years and i have just gotten my e-ring 2 months ago. I didn''t wear it to work yet at all as I was in emergency and there is no time to take the rings off when needed to scrub etc. So I was hoping that in the upcoming, less rushed rotation, there is plenty time to change, put the rings on a chain before surgery and enjoy wearing the rings during clinic.

I`ll check out the prices for WG chains and go from there... As you say, silver and WG probably shouldn''t be rubbing against each other.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure you get a thick enoough chain so it can hold the rings. or pinning the rings in your bra is a good idea also!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hi krisvrn - yep, definitely gonna get a thick chain. But do you think I could get away with a silver one?

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 5:52:44 AM
Author: chiquitapet
Hi krisvrn - yep, definitely gonna get a thick chain. But do you think I could get away with a silver one?

I think u can give it a try - like wear it that way for a few days and see if your rings are ok. I think they would be.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Today after work I went out and got myself a beautiful WG chain for a great price. I`m very excited that I won''t have to leave my rings at home.

Thank You kalypso and krisvrn for your contribution to this thread!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures....
9.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results