shape
carat
color
clarity

WF here I come...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
WE CANT WAAAAIIIITTTTTTTT!!!! ~~~~~~ either!!!!

Woo Hoo!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DKS

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!

What I''m dying to ask though is - remember you said that you''d done all of these sketches and turned them all over to your prof? I want to see those sketches now!! I know you''re probably going in another direction, but you have so much talent and I''d love to see them anyway!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Yeaaaaaah...

I forgot to tell my SO about those when he went to pick up the diamond, so they''re still with my professor. Ayyyee...
20.gif

I''m sure I''ll be sketching more pictures while my diamond is being made. I tend to draw more in class than actually pay attention... lol you should see this pirate doodle I''ve been working on for a few weeks now..

I want to say I made copies, so I''ll look for them when I get back home.
21.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, here''s the latest update!

My WF images came in this afternoon thanks to Vera. I''ve already sent them an email about the tweaks I want done.. mostly I want the diamonds around the halo to be the same size as the diamonds in the shank.. and the shank to be no more than 2mm wide. But the shape of the shank looks good to me.. obviously really thick because of the CAD, but other than that, it looks great to me! Anything I should bring up??

Curiopotter_CAD0711a.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the profile/elevation view..

I forgot to add, they're going to milgrain the bezel, the halo, and the edges of the ring.

Curiopotter_CAD0711b.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a pretty setting, but I was trying to go more like what oldfamilystone''s ring looked like.. but with a RB and a round halo.. like this:

I wanted it to be flat on top instead of angled, and with no side diamonds... no peekaboo diamonds either because i want my wedding band to sit flush with my engagement ring... I didn''t want the basket underneath to show, but I like the four little prongs that hold the basket up.

carlo_profile.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2007 8:18:59 PM
Author: curiopotter
That''s a pretty setting, but I was trying to go more like what oldfamilystone''s ring looked like.. but with a RB and a round halo.. like this:

I wanted it to be flat on top instead of angled, and with no side diamonds... no peekaboo diamonds either because i want my wedding band to sit flush with my engagement ring... I didn''t want the basket underneath to show, but I like the four little prongs that hold the basket up.
What a lovely gallery, I can see why you like it!!! Beautiful choice! I just thought I would post the setting b/c it is pretty similar to your setting idea and might help inspiration. It looks like you''ve got everything figured out though!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i''m so glad to hear that things are progressing along!
36.gif

the cad makes the bezel look so thick? i would say go thinner, but then if you wanted the diamonds to be the same size as the side stones, one will have to look extra thick or another will have to look extra thin. why not make them different sizes? the bezel thinner than the 2mm? i think the bezel should be 1mm or so.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, the bezel looks thick, I told them a really thin bezel but it''s difficult to get anything really thin on CAD.

As for it being 2mm? I think you mis-read what I wrote about the shank width. I wanted the shank to be no larger than 2mm, not the bezel.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! I can''t wait to see it finished.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
New and final CAD images are in!

MariaCarlo_CAD0718a.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
woohooo!

MariaCarlo_CAD0718b.jpg

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! That looks fantastic!
30.gif
I am so happy for you!!
36.gif
This seems to have happened to fast...probably not to you, I''m sure, but you had waited so long before you went to Whiteflash and things are just moving right along. It looks like they will do an amazing job!

Now...how long do you think it will take before its finished? It''s gonna be beautiful!! Yaaaayyyyy!!!!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diane, I love your avatar; toooo cute!!!

Currio, I love your CAD''s beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Skippy! I was just kidding around after the engagement. My FI tells people that I tried to burn up the camera battery immediately after I said Yes...LOL!

Isn''t curio''s ring gonna be just gorgeous?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Vera said 7-10 days :D

SOOoo that puts it being done the 25th-27th. I''ll be in Las Vegas that week, so my dear FF has to pick it up.

soooo happppyyy!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, you can bring up the fact that you are making us drool excessively. I am so excited for you! Thanks for the update...please continue to feed us!

Take that you Nutty Professor! 7-10 days...from the CAD work...The 27th!!! Of July...2007. This month and more importantly...this year!! Wa HOOO!!!
emotion-19.gif

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the second set of cads look perfect...can''t wait to see the final ring
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:46:36 PM
Author: dianne
Thank you, Skippy! I was just kidding around after the engagement. My FI tells people that I tried to burn up the camera battery immediately after I said Yes...LOL!

Isn''t curio''s ring gonna be just gorgeous?

It will, I am super excited for her! Yay, on your hand in 10 days. whooo hooo

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
lol yesss...

I've been doing my funny end-zone dance all evening.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I just now saw this. It looks LOVERLY!!
36.gif

Make sure those batteries are charged.

And you''ve bought flowers if you don''t have any!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks GREAT Curio! Can''t wait for handshots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results