shape
carat
color
clarity

WF expert selection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Could someone please explain a bit about the expert selection. Are these diamonds somehow better than if i run a regular search?

Thanks
emstar.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
okay so i read that post, but i''m looking for oval stones -- so there is no ACA?

It seemed that thread was explaining the levels as they relate only to RBs?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i could be wrong, but i think the expert selection is only for RB diamonds.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aca= a cut above which is the wf signature line for rounds. these are the diamonds that wf cuts and brands for themselves.
es= expert selection these are stones of all different shapes, including rounds, that were hand picked and evaluated to be good in performance and value. all aca and es stones are in house.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 12:19:06 PM
Author:lovelylulu
Could someone please explain a bit about the expert selection. Are these diamonds somehow better than if i run a regular search?

Thanks
emstar.gif
The Expert Selection stones are all inhouse stones. They are hand-chosen using "value for the money" as the primary criteria.

Most of them are exceptionally well cut, too.

The ACA (A Cut Above) are branded round brilliant stones only. The Expert Selections can include many shapes, and there are ovals listed. When you click on Expert Selection, use the drop downs to select Oval.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are these diamonds somehow better than if i run a regular search?
No idea... and perhaps this is the point: those options that come up under database serach do not have pictures or anything. Some ES listings do not have it either and about those I must have missed the point.
34.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:42:42 PM
Author: valeria101

Are these diamonds somehow better than if i run a regular search?
No idea... and perhaps this is the point: those options that come up under database serach do not have pictures or anything. Some ES listings do not have it either and about those I must have missed the point.
34.gif
Thanks to all who have clarified.

Ana, when we receive a shipment of diamonds they are carefully evaluated by Brian before being sent to the labs for grading. We post information when preliminary results come in. Sometimes we are waiting for the diamond to be inscribed or issuance of the original lab grading report - that's why lab info or images may be missing.

All ACA and ES diamonds are our exclusive inventory - and indicated as "in stock ready to ship" when you view their page. If a diamond page states "contact us for availability" it is a diamond listed in the virtual database available to many vendors. Note that if the right diamond for you is one from that virtual list we will not have it drop-shipped to you. We insist on having it brought in for our own analysis and approval before will will sell it to a client.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2005 2:57:25 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Ana, when we receive a shipment of diamonds they are carefully evaluated by Brian before being sent to the labs for grading. ...

All ACA and ES diamonds are our exclusive inventory...
So... ES = "pick of the crop"

I could only guess...
38.gif
thanks for the note
1.gif

youjane1

Rough_Rock
how were round diamonds cut before the h&a trend? Can you still get them in an old style or is it all some level of h&a now?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 3:45:35 PM
Author: youjane1
how were round diamonds cut before the h&a trend? Can you still get them in an old style or is it all some level of h&a now?
well...they are still cut the same way, with 57 facets, but it is the arrangement of these facets that effects the overall look and performance of the diamond. h&a patterning is observed when certain facets within the diamond are aligned. there are many diamonds on the market the show some form of 'hearts'/'arrow's' but true h&a diamonds only comprise a very small percentage of the total diamond market. so to answer your question, yes, you can get a non h&a diamond...and you can get them very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results