shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Engraved cathedral solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
First off I am very thankful for this site and the members of this forum! All I did was lurk but I picked up enough knowledge and confidence to go out and buy a ring. Thank you!

The diamond is a little smaller than most that I have seen here, but I know that she will love it. When we are debit free and if she wants too we can upgrade later. It''s so hard to keep her in the dark about it. She still thinks that I am not ready.
27.gif

The ring will be here tomorrow and I''ll post more pictures then if I can. She is coming to visit tomorrow so it might have to wait until Saturday. Until then here is the WhiteFlash photo.

Diamond specs:
0.557 ct G VVS2 A Cut Above H&A
Total Depth: 60.4%
Table Size: 55.6%
Crown Angle: 34.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.7

Setting:
18k White Gold

wf_engr_cathedral1.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring! An ACA from Whiteflash is a excellect choice at any size!! And the engraved setting is a nice compliment. I''m sure she''ll love it and don''t forget some hand shots. Good luck!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 2:14:10 AM
Author:mikeh80
First off I am very thankful for this site and the members of this forum! All I did was lurk but I picked up enough knowledge and confidence to go out and buy a ring. Thank you!

The diamond is a little smaller than most that I have seen here, but I know that she will love it. When we are debit free and if she wants too we can upgrade later. It''s so hard to keep her in the dark about it. She still thinks that I am not ready.
27.gif

The ring will be here tomorrow and I''ll post more pictures then if I can. She is coming to visit tomorrow so it might have to wait until Saturday. Until then here is the WhiteFlash photo.

Diamond specs:

0.557 ct G VVS2 A Cut Above H&A

Total Depth: 60.4%

Table Size: 55.6%

Crown Angle: 34.7

Pavilion Angle: 40.7

Setting:

18k White Gold

What a beautiful ring I am sure she will love it :) And an ACA to boot :) should be a Sparkle Monster :).

And as for the size it is really perspective :) On the forums here the sizes can be skewed a little to the larger size but in my circle of friends your FI ring would be the biggest (and most sparkliest) hands down no contest :).

GL with the proposal :) I am sure she will adore it :) and congrats on being able to surprise her no mean feat :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring!! Well done on a great choice!!!
36.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! And the stone is a perfect size...

I am still wearing the .51 RB my husband gave to me 12 years ago.
1.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Mike! She will love it!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that setting. The engraving is a nice touch. I hope you post more pics when you get it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always been partial to cathedral solitaires and the one you picked is gorgeous!! It''s going to be sooo sparkly and I''m sure she will love it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it is perfect! Big stones are beautiful, but they are not for everyone...my three stone that I just got for our tenth anniversary in May has a .51 center and it is perfect for me.

Good luck, it is a beautiful ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love the detail--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job! I really like it. Please come back and post hand shots! And it''s nice that you already are OK with her upgrading...but it''s so pretty that she may not want to. (Pricescope sacrilege, I know!)

Congrats!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! She will love it!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the carved setting makes the diamonds pattern really look amazing! great choice! i wouldn't worry so much about the size anyway, that thing will sparkle like mad!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did a great job, she''ll be thrilled!!

ajdubya126

Rough_Rock
I love it! So unique and classy. She''ll love it too!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just Beautiful! She will love it!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful stone in a very cool setting. I bet she will love it.

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I was only able to snag a few photos before she came over last night. I will try to get a couple more after I get back from work this afternoon.

Tomorrow after church we are going to go for a short hike at one of the waterfalls around here. I will keep the ring hidden on me until we get to the top and then I''ll propose there. It is supposed to rain but I am praying that it is just a sprinkle. I am excited, hopefully I can wait that long.

wf_engr_cathedral_72612_2.jpg

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
Last one for today, she gets it tomorrow.
1.gif

wf_engr_cathedral_72612_3.jpg

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Good luck tomorrow, although I doubt you''ll need it!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That is a VERY nice size. She''ll love the ACA. I still have my lil .50 e-ring that I love and cherish, even though I got an upgrade for my 10th. Good luck on it not raining.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it! I think the engraving is a very nice altrnative to the pave look--and I think you may have inspired me. She will love it!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is so elegant and beautiful! You did a great job picking that!
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pictures!

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
It has been a month since we got engaged and planning is on hold for Christmas. During the down time I though I would post the hand shots I have to close out this thread.

But before the pictures, the proposal...

On any normal day I wouldn''t have bothered with the hike because it was just to wet and slick, but I had something planned. My Laura said later that the only reason she went was because I really wanted to go and I never really ask for anything. In essence, she was going with me to make me happy.

We got back to her parents house, where she lives, after church and started changing for the hike. I finished first and headed downstairs where her dad was. Knowing that she could be down any at second I got right to the point and asked for the blessing. "Laura and I are going on a hike to in a little bit. When we are there I would like to ask Laura to marry me and I would like your blessing." Her dad is great and he replied, "You bet kid!"

We left for Latourell falls shortly after and I could tell she really did not want to go. But it was only a 45 min drive, a short hike, and I was excited so she went anyway. As we got nearer to the falls I said that she would feel better after the hike. To that she replied, "I don''t see how!"

The whole weekend I had been staring at her, studying her. I would quit for a while when she asked "What!?!" only to resume a few hours later. As we drove out I asked questions that I already knew the answer to. "What are your goals", "where do you want to live", etc... The big hints did not start until the hike.

As we started the hike I began asking her more questions, "how many kids do you want", "do you want to adopt", etc... About a month before the hike she asked me when I knew I wanted to marry her. At the time I told her that I wouldn''t tell her until we were engaged. As we were walking along I dropped that on her.

Originally I had planned on taking the shortcut which would have cut a mile out of the hike but somehow I missed the bridge. I had no idea how far we were into the hike until the upper falls caught me by surprise. After some thought I decided to make the proposal there and asked her if it was a romantic spot. She said, "I guess ..." and then it clicked "... yes!" I pulled out the ring, took her right hand (whoops), got down on one knee, and asked her to marry me.

After a "Yes of course!" and much excitement we quickly finished off the hike and drove to my parents'' house to warm up.

latourell_falls_72612.JPG

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
She loves the setting and is very glad I did my research. We both know and have seen first hand how important cut is. The diamond sparkles like crazy. All of the other rings that I see up against it look dull in comparison. I am very happy with my purchase. :)

wf_engr_cathedral_72612_hand1.jpg

mikeh80

Rough_Rock
That''s it! Thank you again Pricescope!

wf_engr_cathedral_72612_hand2.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
You took amazing pictures!!!! It looks beautiful!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Beautiful story and ring!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! that is a beautiful proposal story, and a beautiful ring to go with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results