shape
carat
color
clarity

WF diamond studs - questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I am considering buying a pair of diamond studs from WF - with the 3 prong martini setting of course! I would like to upgrade in the future and are not considering the Ready Set Go sets.

My questions are:

1) Considering they will be ACA''s or for that matter Ideal Round cut stones (ES) - would you choose one in a H and one in a G color? Or even a H and a I?

2) Would you choose one ACA and one ES if all other things are equal - color, symmetry, polish and spread?

Thanks
Maya

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
yes, and yes.

Happy hunting.

shay

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I concur with Shay. I just got a pair of ES H color stones. On the ears, they look white. And the sparkle is to die for!

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Shay - Thanks for that confident yes, yes! Hopefully some other PS''ers will chime in as well.

At the moment the budget allows for two stones in the 0.3 ct range each (0.6ctTW). Do you really think you won''t see the difference between an ACA and an Expert selection (or Ideal Round) in that size?

Another question:

Will there be a visible difference between these two stones:
4.43 - 4.45 x 2.73 and 4.37-4.40 x 2.66

Maya

dhog

Shiny_Rock
my wife has 2 sets of whiteflash ACA studs.She receives
comments daily about how white and how much broad flash
they show.

When I look at them in low light its amazing how much
they twinkle multi colors.

they look like tiki torches on her ears.

the sparkle will make your day.

good luck with whatever you purchase

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi DHog

May I ask what is the size of the two sets? Color?

Thanks
Maya

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 9:52:47 PM
Author: Maya Moonstone
Hi DHog

May I ask what is the size of the two sets? Color?

Thanks

Maya

she wears .50c in her left ear,
she has 3 holes in her right ear,
so she wears .50c in the bottom,.31
in the middle, and a .23 in the top of
the right ear.

the .50 are a pair of white gold w shaped baskets
and the other 2 are in 3 prong martini''s.

The smaller stones have alot of sparkle for their
size. They are all I color ACA''S.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

I would LOVE to see photos, especially of right ear!
9.gif

May I ask if she is color sensitive? I think I am - have a G in my ering and the other day I amazed a jeweler by telling him that it was a J color stone he was showing me. (I don''t have a lot of experience).

Maya

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Maya,
I recently bought a pair of ACA''s that are .338 each so buying .60 total carat weight will definitely sparkle and be noticeable. I ended up getting two perfectly matched F coloured stones but I don''t know if I could tell the difference with G''s or H''s.
Pics are posted in the jewelery thread.
Lisa.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lisa

Your diamond studs are beautiful! Thanks for the reply and photos.

I actually ordered my set of earrings from WF on Thursday. I can''t wait to see them - if B allows me to see them since my birthday is only in May....

Leslie recommended two ACA diamonds that were perfect for me, but when I called her the next day one was already sold!!!
15.gif
She said WF is extremely busy and that it is not uncommen. So my search began again.

That evening I chose three pairs of diamonds - two pairs of ES diamonds and a pair of ACA diamonds That were not an exact match. I e-mailed Lesley and asked her to have a look at the six diamonds and give me her opinion. In the end I chose a 0.34 H and a 0.338 G stone from the WF Expert Selection stock. They both scored below 1.0 on the HCA and the IS images where great too. But the main reason I chose them where both stones has an excellent spread... I can''t wait to get them
1.gif

BTW, since Friday the other two pairs that were on my wish list have been sold as well! I guess it is the season for diamond studs...Is April''s birth stone diamond?

Maya

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
Can''t wait to see yours posted! Yep diamonds are April''s birthstone. My birthday is next week but I have been wearing them since I picked them up at FedEx last month
3.gif
I think they''re great for everyday!
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results