shape
carat
color
clarity

WF - custom setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
I already kinda posted a topic similar to this but I just wanted your guys'' knowledge.

Anyway, so the attached pic is the setting I want to go for. 6-prong, tiffany setting from Dimend Scaasi. I like it because the band does not taper at all and it''s made to sit flush with a plain band. I have looked around a ton of other places and can''t seem to find anything similar. I talked to a local jeweler I''ve been dealing w/ lately and they quoted me about 1300 or so for a platinum custom-made ring and an additional setting fee...which wasn''t that much anyway.

I was thinking about purchasing the dimend scaasi setting and sending it to WF to have them set it, but I found out a few things...1) the band was a little thick, 3mm and 2) Dimend Scaasi does not sell their settings separately. So here I am, back to getting a custom setting done.

I know some of you have had WF do custom settings. I was wondering how much that usually costs? Any other advice is appreciated all the same :)

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
again, here is a link to the setting:

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1A3-1

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on the setting. I doubt anyone here can really give you a good answer unless they''ve had that exact setting made in the last few months. Just send an e-mail to WF asking for a quote. They''re very helpful and usually reply quickly.
1.gif

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
I sent one to Celina Vergas already, but I haven''t gotten a response yet. I called them to and Bob said she''d call me back, but still nada. I''m know I''m a little eager beaver here, but I really want to get my stone set already!

do you know what their custom ring prices range? and is there a setting fee even though I bought the stone from them? I heard soemone said it was like $300?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 7:46:06 PM
Author: lil_jay78
I sent one to Celina Vergas already, but I haven''t gotten a response yet. I called them to and Bob said she''d call me back, but still nada. I''m know I''m a little eager beaver here, but I really want to get my stone set already!

do you know what their custom ring prices range? and is there a setting fee even though I bought the stone from them? I heard soemone said it was like $300?
WHAT???
If you buy both the stone and the setting there is not setting fee...yikes! 300$ would be harsh.

As for the emails, give it a day or two, or if you dont want to wait call Bob.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
Mata,

I don''t know where that $300 came into my mind then...I''m starting to hallucinate
9.gif

So there should be no setting fee if I get my setting done at WF right?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 4:07:36 AM
Mata,

I don't know where that $300 came into my mind then...I'm starting to hallucinate
9.gif

So there should be no setting fee if I get my setting done at WF right?
Nope, no setting fee!

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
Lil,

My girl''s ring will come from another place, but WF will set the stone (which comes from WF). The setting fee is 50 dollars. That''s their "standard fee" for such things, if you buy one or the other component, be it stone or band, from another place and you have them do the setting. Or so I''ve been told.

lil_jay78

Shiny_Rock
50 bucks? That''s not bad at all! I wonder if it changes w/ the size of the stone.

Anyway, I talked to Celina today and she said she''d get back to me w/ a quote ASAP.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 6:44:15 PM
50 bucks? That''s not bad at all! I wonder if it changes w/ the size of the stone.

Anyway, I talked to Celina today and she said she''d get back to me w/ a quote ASAP.
It might.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results