shape
carat
color
clarity

WF custom setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if WF will set diamonds that are not bought from them. If I wanted them to create a custom setting for me, will they fully insure my diamond while it is being set in case of damage to the stone?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
This is dependent on a number of factors.

1. If a customer buys the diamond and setting from Whiteflash no additional setting charges apply.
2. If a customer buys a diamond from Whiteflash and sends in a setting purchased elsewhere there is a setting charge, providing the setting is of an acceptable standard. If adjustments need to be made to the setting to accommodate the diamond additional charges will apply.
3. If a customer buys a ready-made setting from Whiteflash we ship the setting but will not set a diamond purchased elsewhere.
4. If a customer buys a setting from our line of Whiteflash Designs we require a diamond purchased elsewhere to be sent in to be set, and a setting charge will apply.
5. If a customer commissions Whiteflash to create a custom design and the diamond has been purchased elsewhere the customer will need to send in the diamond to be set, and a setting charge will apply.
6. If a customer buys a brand name setting from Whiteflash and we are an authorized setter for that brand we will set a diamond purchased elsewhere and a setting charge will apply.

In every instance we will evaluate the situation first: What is the quality of the diamond? What is the condition of the diamond? If we feel it’s dangerous to set we won’t set it.

I hope this is helpful. We have added a FAQ to our site that addresses these and many other questions. Thanks for your interest, Jazzmine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a good question. Hopefully John Q can answer that for you. Whoops he already answered it as I was typing!!!!
3.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Okay, thanks John. My situation is that I have a stone I would like set (bought elsewhere) in a setting I have designed from a number of pictures I have. As it is a marquise, I am kind of leery of having it set, as I know the corners are prone to breaking. Does the setting charge pay for insurance if the diamond is chipped during setting?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2005 10:33:21 PM
Author: jazmine
Okay, thanks John. My situation is that I have a stone I would like set (bought elsewhere) in a setting I have designed from a number of pictures I have. As it is a marquise, I am kind of leery of having it set, as I know the corners are prone to breaking. Does the setting charge pay for insurance if the diamond is chipped during setting?
You''re welcome. In a case such as yours it would be best to call in and discuss the particulars with Brian or Leon. We can get specific in a one-on-one.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results