Premium
...dang, this is making me want a 3 stone again! :think: 8) :love:

UGH!! DANG YOU, PRICESCOPE!!! :wall: :lol: :lol: :halo:

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
msop04|1419460075|3807427 said:
...dang, this is making me want a 3 stone again! :think: 8) :love:

UGH!! DANG YOU, PRICESCOPE!!! :wall: :lol: :lol: :halo:

Haha. Seriously, browsing PS is so tempting.

So I've stayed away from posting these last couple days because my mind keeps changing. But now I am fairly certain my decision is down to the BGD truthx3 (though it's slighty more than I had wanted to spend on the setting). Unfortunately there aren't too many "real" photos of this ring on PS or the Internet.

Do you guys think the metal work on the Truth x 3 might overwhelm my .40/1.26/.40 diamonds? I might ask if they can make the prongs more delicate looking... But the person I've been speaking with at BGD hasn't replied to my email and I would hate to bombard her. Maybe I'll call their general line tomorrow for help.

For reference, here is the setting:
http://m.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/truth-x-3-platinum-5450p

ppuff211

Rough_Rock
Everyone is probably sick of this thread, but I wanted to update everyone on my decision! Have decided to pull the trigger on the BGD Truth x 3 setting. Thank you to those of you who suggested this design while I was mulling over the other options. I think this will be best to showcase my stones and their particular sizes, and will also allow my wedding band to sit flush (or somewhat flush). I am going to ask if BGD can make little tweaks (like making the prongs small and pointy, and possibly thinning down the shank) to make sure the ring looks delicate/elegant (not bulky) and that all the metal doesn't overwhelm the diamonds. If anyone has any suggestions given the sizes of my stones (1.26 center and .40 on each side), please feel free to chime in.

A huge thank you to every one on this forum. You've been a great help... And totally steered me toward the perfect setting!

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
This is a great thread. I was trying to decide between the exact same settings and my stones are very similar is size, .50 sides and 1.33 center. I decided against the BGD truth x3 because I felt it was too much metal for my size stones. I love the setting and M_2_B and Cremera's rings but their stones are considerably larger. The tweaks you are suggesting should be great and I cannot wait to see it.

I went with the WF Trellis and while it is pretty, it is not the look I was hoping for. Now I am trying to decide if I am going to just keep it or return it and start over. I did not get my stones from WF so I would be out the setting fees and all the back and forth shipping costs ( about $800) lost. They can sit the center stone up higher if I send it back to them but now I am not sure if that will address my concerns.

Please post your finished ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results