shape
carat
color
clarity

WF 2.575 ACA and custom setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 10:53:41 PM
Author: jcrow
reeeaaalllly? i may have to look into that!

thank you so much for all of this info- i feel like a nag
2.gif
Not at all! It''s fun for me! Feel free to ask other Qs!

I wasn''t sure how the head & shank would be put together, since the stuller head is pre-cast, so I was pleasantly surprised that it didn''t look too "disconnected." I like that they sunk it down a little, sort of like the Tiffany head. And I just found a silver band I have that''s about the same width - it sits nearly flush because the roundedness of the band fits right under the curve of the head-base. I''ll post pics when my camera battery charges up!

Are you going to ask WF about modifying your head?

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 10:54:44 PM
Author: Sundial
That is one fabulous diamond in one fabulous setting! Very nicely done!!! Your old stone doesn''t really look all that bad in the photo, but the new one knocks your socks off.
The old one photographs decently, but the specs are pretty bad, and it hardly ever "performs" - usually it just looks dull - gray or bright white but lifeless, and absolutely no fire and minimum contrast. The only place it looks good is the library, not sure why! This one is much better!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a boulder and a half
3.gif

What band are u going to wear it with?

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I have more!

ccc10.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
another

ccc13.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
another

ccc14.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
another

ccc16.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

ccc15.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
now for some headshots.

ccc9.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
more

ccc11.JPG

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
last one!

ccc12.JPG

genette

Shiny_Rock
I really love how your head was done. It is by far one of the best heads on here uhhhh that didn''t sound right but you know what I mean
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teagreen, it''s beautiful! At the Bay Area GTG, my eyes kept drifting to all the gorgeous solitaires around the table. Nothing can ever beat a beautifully cut stone set in a solitaire mount. YUM!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 12:09:34 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Teagreen, it''s beautiful! At the Bay Area GTG, my eyes kept drifting to all the gorgeous solitaires around the table. Nothing can ever beat a beautifully cut stone set in a solitaire mount. YUM!
Thanks KristyD! My stone seems huge to me; yours must seem absolutely gigantic!

I hope you guys took pictures at the GTG!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Pic w/a silver band of mine that''s slightly wider. It sits nearly flush.

ccc17.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2006 12:13:15 AM
Author: teagreen
Date: 7/15/2006 12:09:34 AM

Author: KristyDarling

Thanks KristyD! My stone seems huge to me; yours must seem absolutely gigantic!

I hope you guys took pictures at the GTG!
Ohhh, this you must see. Mara just posted a bunch of GTG pictures in our thread at Hangout. Go take a look-see!

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
close-up w/band

ccc18.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Teagreen!! The stone and ring are just gorgeous!! I just love the look of a huge stone in a simple solitaire setting!!! More pics, please!!!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely lovely! Gorgeous.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Teagreen it looks just FABULOUS...I just love it!!!! It looks monstrous on your hand too....it came out GREAT. YAY!

More pictures...hee hee.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
teagreen, is the head the same as Mara''s? It looks similiar but I can''t tell for sure from the picture.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 1:41:51 AM
Author: CareBear
teagreen, is the head the same as Mara''s? It looks similiar but I can''t tell for sure from the picture.
I asked WF to make it like Mara''s, but to also make the prongs as narrow as possible. I''m not sure if the end result is much different from Mara''s; they are very similar! Mine looks like it may have more vertical indents in the base of the prongs though - Mara yours are more flat/smooth, right?

----

More pics won''t be until next week...I''m leaving town tomorrow (to scout for wedding venues, erg).

Thanks for the comments everyone! I''m a little disturbed that I''ve managed to scratch the platinum already! I can already see little nicks and scrapes...boo! I didn''t realize plat scratches so easily. Too bad, because I LOVE the super shiny look of brand new plat.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
your diamond looks beautiful and absolutely perfect in that setting
face23.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...it''s gorgeous! And huge! How are you feeling about the color after having an E?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! A classic design.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teagreen: garry says that silver will eat away the platinum.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just gorgeous teagreen..the setting turned out fab and your stone is beautiful.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 6:41:59 PM
Author: FacetFire
Oh...it''s gorgeous! And huge! How are you feeling about the color after having an E?
In most settings I don''t notice it from the top, but I can definitely see the color from the side.

But what concerns me a little is that in the car and in other places (I guess with no direct light), it has a sort of "hazy" look that looks like the first picture I posted, but without the flashes of light. In other words, not the clear, crisp look with lots of contrast and clear visible arrows. Is that normal? The fluor is "negligible," so I don''t think it''s because of that.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 10:18:42 PM
Author: JulieN
teagreen: garry says that silver will eat away the platinum.
Oops - thanks for the info. I definitely won''t be doing that again. Platinum does get scratched up on its own, right? It doesn''t stay shiny new after awhile? I had already noticed scratches before I put on the silver ring, and I didn''t even really "do" anything that day.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more pics. This one kind of shows the "haziness" I was talking about.

PICT0196.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results