shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re officially (and finally) moved into our new home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It''s been a busy, tiring, sweaty, ache-inducing two weeks to get us completely packed, and completely moved.

I love my husband. I do. But, I was reminded - - nearly daily - - of the old Baptist joke about the young newlywed, who asks an older woman with a half century of marriage under her belt, "Did you ever consider divorce?" She answers, "Divorce? No. Murder? Many times."

How do grown men reach adulthood without knowing how to move? From packing boxes to packing truck beds, it was a challenge.

As soon as there is nary a packing box in sight, and all is in place, I''ll share some photos.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Holly! Look forward to seeing the pics.

And having recently gone through a move myself, I can understand the frustration. We managed to escape relatively unscathed though, thank god!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new home!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Holly, that is so exciting! I''m jealous!! :)

After several moves, DH and I have a routine. I pack boxes, he moves the big furniture and then he gets the heck out of town while I unpack. It keeps us both sane :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just went through this last weekend. DH insisted on packing his own clothes and neglected to write the box contents on the outside of the boxes. So for the past few days he''s been frantically searching for underwear and socks every morning. Of course opening every box except the one with his socks and undies in it and blaming me the entire time. And how is this my fault you ask? Well because apparently I was supposed to override his insistence on packing his stuff and do it for him according to my well organized and easily identifiable system. I may have even used the line "I''m not your mother, your underwear is NOT my responsibility" several times...

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 3:12:56 PM
Author:HollyS
It''s been a busy, tiring, sweaty, ache-inducing two weeks to get us completely packed, and completely moved.

I love my husband. I do. But, I was reminded - - nearly daily - - of the old Baptist joke about the young newlywed, who asks an older woman with a half century of marriage under her belt, ''Did you ever consider divorce?'' She answers, ''Divorce? No. Murder? Many times.''

How do grown men reach adulthood without knowing how to move? From packing boxes to packing truck beds, it was a challenge.

As soon as there is nary a packing box in sight, and all is in place, I''ll share some photos.

Actually, HollyS, my vote would be for you to share the photos of how your "grown man" packed the truck bed-- I suspect there''s comedy GOLD in them thar'' arrangements!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 1:49:33 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I just went through this last weekend. DH insisted on packing his own clothes and neglected to write the box contents on the outside of the boxes. So for the past few days he''s been frantically searching for underwear and socks every morning. Of course opening every box except the one with his socks and undies in it and blaming me the entire time. And how is this my fault you ask? Well because apparently I was supposed to override his insistence on packing his stuff and do it for him according to my well organized and easily identifiable system. I may have even used the line ''I''m not your mother, your underwear is NOT my responsibility'' several times...
LOL irl at that one. Because I may have said something similar when we moved and DH couldn''t find any of the stuff he''d packed...

Holly - Congrats on your new home!!! Can''t wait to see pics!

And I call those, "honey I love you but hold still so I can strangle you," moments.
12.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Have fun unpacking
2.gif
lol

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2009 2:05:57 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 10/7/2009 1:49:33 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

I just went through this last weekend. DH insisted on packing his own clothes and neglected to write the box contents on the outside of the boxes. So for the past few days he''s been frantically searching for underwear and socks every morning. Of course opening every box except the one with his socks and undies in it and blaming me the entire time. And how is this my fault you ask? Well because apparently I was supposed to override his insistence on packing his stuff and do it for him according to my well organized and easily identifiable system. I may have even used the line ''I''m not your mother, your underwear is NOT my responsibility'' several times...

LOL irl at that one. Because I may have said something similar when we moved and DH couldn''t find any of the stuff he''d packed...

Holly - Congrats on your new home!!! Can''t wait to see pics!

And I call those, ''honey I love you but hold still so I can strangle you,'' moments.
12.gif

LOL!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Holly!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, my husband still has several unpacked boxes in the spare bedroom that he claimed for himself.
We moved in June of 2008.

Next time he''s out of town for work I''m just bringing them all to Goodwill. I''m not even going to open them, they obviously don''t contain anything we need or want.

Have fun unpacking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results