shape
carat
color
clarity

Went to sister''s Sunday......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwe, what adorable dogs!!! They are so cute and loveable looking!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
AG,

Thanks for reminding me about having them checked for Parvo. I''d forgotten about that. They will both be fixed ASAP. We have stray dogs around, and we sure don''t need any more animals.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awhhh...I'm in love. They have the exact same face!!
emdog.gif
emdog.gif

Our girls are also litter mates...sisters...and we rescued them only for the weekend. Took them in to vet had them spayed, shots, worms, you know all the good stuff...still trying to find them a home. Two weeks had passed and all we could find was 2 separate homes. Hubby refused. He said these sisters are NOT going to be separated. They have made it together on the lam...and they are devoted and that is the way they remain.

5 years later, the vet still asks us how we are progressing in finding them a home! Oh you know...we are still looking...had a prospective one call just yesterday! Ha Ha.
2.gif
NOT EVEN FOR A MILLION BUCKS!!!

I tell you this to encourage you...you have no idea what a great union they will form. And what a complete family a pair of siblings will make. It is rare that they have the luxury to stay together. They are usually torn from their mommie early...and removed from the litter of playmates...and well...I can just tell you we will NEVER have one pup again. If at all possible a pair of siblings. They do know they are sisters. Really. Family does matter to dogs. I stake my last breath on it.

They are little bookends. And what a pleasure it is to the eyes to see them matched. Many people stop and say how wonderful it is to see two together. Mine are not as close in appearance as yours are. And they still stop traffic. Oh, and mine aren't as blue blood looking as yours are! Yours are a different class! (oh dear...hope my girls can't read this...let me check...they are about 20 feet back from the monitor. I suppose I am safe!) That would have taken some therapy bucks to recover from.

OK...enough about me...this is about your little bookends. Your new family and I am just so happy for you I am giddy! I adore their faces. Their coats and coloring are so beautiful. They are creamy...and just yummy.

I don't think I will be leaving this thread anytime soon. This is what I call EYE CANDY!!!

DKS

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn''t planning on getting 2 of them. When we saw them Sunday, I wanted a male. David fell for the female. There was one other pup, a female, but we COULD NOT take all 3. After 30 mins or so, I told David that we could take 2, since I wanted one and he wanted a different one. So, he agreed. We thought that since they''d be outside, if we just got one, it would probably whine a lot and want more attention. Getting both, they have each other to play with.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2007 11:50:03 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

Our girls are also litter mates...sisters...and we rescued them only for the weekend. Took them in to vet had them spayed, shots, worms, you know all the good stuff...still trying to find them a home. Two weeks had passed and all we could find was 2 separate homes. Hubby refused. He said these sisters are NOT going to be separated. They have made it together on the lam...and they are devoted and that is the way they remain.

5 years later, the vet still asks us how we are progressing in finding them a home! Oh you know...we are still looking...had a prospective one call just yesterday! Ha Ha.
2.gif
NOT EVEN FOR A MILLION BUCKS!!!

I tell you this to encourage you...you have no idea what a great union they will form. And what a complete family a pair of siblings will make. It is rare that they have the luxury to stay together. They are usually torn from their mommie early...and removed from the litter of playmates...and well...I can just tell you we will NEVER have one pup again. If at all possible a pair of siblings. They do know they are sisters. Really. Family does matter to dogs. I stake my last breath on it.

They are little bookends. And what a pleasure it is to the eyes to see them matched. Many people stop and say how wonderful it is to see two together. Mine are not as close in appearance as yours are. And they still stop traffic. Oh, and mine aren''t as blue blood looking as yours are! Yours are a different class! (oh dear...hope my girls can''t read this...let me check...they are about 20 feet back from the monitor. I suppose I am safe!) That would have taken some therapy bucks to recover from.

OK...enough about me...this is about your little bookends. Your new family and I am just so happy for you I am giddy! I adore their faces. Their coats and coloring are so beautiful. They are creamy...and just yummy.

I don''t think I will be leaving this thread anytime soon. This is what I call EYE CANDY!!!

DKS

Awwww....I''m glad your girls have such a great home. Where''s a pic?

They definitely aren''t "blue blood"....lol. The guy we got them from showed us the parents. The father is a golden retriever, and the mom is a basset hound and part jack russell. So, they''re mutts. But I''ve always been partial to mutts. I refuse to spend the money people want for pure breds.

The last few days watching them together, I know we made the right decision to get 2. They''d be lost without each other.

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
You should name them Dulce and Leche, so they can be dulce de leche (caramel) together!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What adorable little sweetie pies. I am so glad you gave them a home. I have no tolerance whatsoever for people that don''t take care of their animals.

Bless your heart for giving these two loving animals a wonderful home
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oshin - I''m so glad to hear they are getting fixed. Pregnancy is really hard on female dogs, and the urge to mate is the number one reason that males can run away. I''m glad to know those sweet babies will be protected from that.

When you get a chance, check out this link, which has a number of really EXCELLENT free downloads all about how to introduce new dogs into your house, how to deal with various training issues including housetraining for puppies (very important), and the importance of keeping dogs inside as part of the family. Its a really great resource, and I hope its helpful.

The guy who originally bred those puppies is the reason why millions of animals die in shelters every year in the US...people like that just make me so mad
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock

Atticus or Jem and Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird

Really sweet faces - so glad they have a good home now

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, so cuuuuuuute!!! I especially love the sandy coloured one. So glad you gave them a good home
36.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. They''re doing great. Their ribs aren''t sticking out much anymore. It will take a while to get them as plump as I''d like, but they eat until they''re full and now there''s always leftovers. I had Wiggy outside with them for about an hour, and they are beginning to get along good. The puppies like to jump on her, and she''s not quite sure of them. Wiggy is around 12, so the pups have to learn to be easy with her. Atleast they were all running around together.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhhhhhh...............! so sweet! my goodness those puppy faces are pulling at my heart strings! i love the dulce and leche idea for the names also...too cute!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to put an updated pic up. We''ve had them now for 16 days.

Puppies 10-10 005.JPG

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG they look wonderful - nice and plump as puppies should, eyes and everything look so much healthier and brighter!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are the dog-dog introductions and other stuff with them going?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
You should name them Ruby and Baxter....I like those names.... :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! They look wonderful!! So happy in their dirt! What sweet faces they have. I just want to kiss them!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, they are adorable! I am also a proponent of having two (or more) dogs. We actually have two dogs and two cats, but I think the dogs have a MUCH greater need for companionship. They are pack animals and I think a dog is terribly lonely unless it is with another dog or a person most of the time.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My favorite kind of pictures--contented pups! I agree with DKS, this is my kind of eye candy!!

What did you end up naming them, by the way??

I''m really glad to hear about everybody''s positive experience with having two siblings. We were extremely selective when choosing a breeder, thus we had a somewhat lengthy wait for our pup and every puppy was accounted for. The day we went to pick up Byron our breeder had found out that one of the other owners had to back out. I sort of raised my eyeybrow at my husband (then boyfriend) when we found out because I immediately wanted two. We spoke with the breeder about it, though we did know there were several on the waiting list who would be happy to take the pup. He advised us to wait 18 months or so before bringing home another and because this was our first newfoundland and we didn''t want to be in over our heads, we agreed. The vet confirmed this when we saw him the next day--he said that often times siblings will share such a strong bond together that they don''t necessarily bond with the family and that it can affect how the dog trains (our dog does water rescue and therapy). He agreed that 18 months was the ideal age to get a second dog because it allows enough time for the pup to bond to its owners, but it''s still young enough to bond with another dog. Once a dog reaches the age of 3 or so, they aren''t as receptive to new dogs.

Looking back, I wish we had gotten Byron''s brother while we had the opportunity. I really don''t think that it would have affected his training, in fact I think training them together would have been a positive experience for everybody. Now Byron is 3 and we still haven''t gotten him a "brother" (now we feel we don''t have the time to devote to another puppy) and I feel Byron is lonely, even with doggy daycare/playgroups. I think if the opportunity arrises for us to get two in the future, we might go for it.

I''m so glad you adopted them both! I think it''s going to be a fantastic experience for everybody!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 5:19:23 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG they look wonderful - nice and plump as puppies should, eyes and everything look so much healthier and brighter!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

How are the dog-dog introductions and other stuff with them going?

Thank you. I knew it wouldn''t take too long for them to get in shape. They are healthy and happy. As far as the introductions with Wiggy....well, they''re too much of puppies for her. The pups are about twice her size now, and jump on her as soon as I let her out and won''t leave her alone. So, I''ll have to wait until they settle down some. I don''t want them to hurt Wiggy or for her to be afraid of the pups.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Alexis, Miranda, Diamondseeker, and NewEnglandLady. I still haven''t named them. There is a poll to name them here. Please be sure to vote for your favorite names.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of Wiggy with the pups. You can see how much bigger they are they she is already. Poor Wiggy gets attacked every I let her out with the pups. But all in all, they get along pretty good.

Puppies 10-12 017.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOOK at thos faces, and those soulful eyes... OH I just want to hug them and kiss them... YAY for you guys taking these to home. Hoping the vet gives them a clean bill of health!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results