shape
carat
color
clarity

Went to see jeweler abt setting today...need advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
He looked at my pics, gave suggestions, and drew up a very rough idea of what I liked. It will be 3 sided pave going about 1/2 way (or maybe a little more) down the band. I think the thickness was 4 1/2mm (I wear a size 8...damn my fat fingers!). It will have a split shank, but the split won''t be dramatic. It will "swoop up"...I''ll try to find a pic of the "swoop" somewhere. I don''t think I will pave the prongs or basket. Anyway, he is supposed to get back with me with an estimate in the next couple of days.

He preferred I leave my diamond with him and I did, but now I am thinking, "Was this smart?" I don''t have any kind of paperwork saying he has my diamond. He seems trustworthy, but should I call and ask for some kind of receipt? What''s the etiquette involved here?

Anyway, if the estimate is within my budget and I give him the go ahead, he says it normally takes 3-4 weeks. Sounds reasonable to me. I''ll get to come in and look at the wax "model" and make any necessary changes, just like I''ve read about here on PS. Any other concerns that I should ask about? TIA!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
is this a reall B & M store that is a known entity? if so i wouldnt worry --i left mine for 8 weeks --no receipt or anything........

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Yep, a B&M store. HTH...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results