shape
carat
color
clarity

Well its ordered...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My very first setting for my paraiba tourmaline....and the setting I chose is....

drum roll please....

The legacy LOGR! I figured if I am going to set such a nice stone, I should put it in something over the top. If anything it will be my fun ''look at me'' ring :D. It will be in white gold with prongs. Diamonds will also be upgraded because I am sooooo picky about my diamonds. I will hate the ring if I have cloudy diamonds in it. So there ya have it :D. Now I just have to wait FOREVER for it to be made. How do you guys deal with the wait?!? And by the way...my husband blames you guys for wanting it set :razz:.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 9:40:26 PM
Author:Tropicgal10
My very first setting for my paraiba tourmaline....and the setting I chose is....

drum roll please....

The legacy LOGR! I figured if I am going to set such a nice stone, I should put it in something over the top. If anything it will be my fun ''look at me'' ring :D. It will be in white gold with prongs. Diamonds will also be upgraded because I am sooooo picky about my diamonds. I will hate the ring if I have cloudy diamonds in it. So there ya have it :D. Now I just have to wait FOREVER for it to be made. How do you guys deal with the wait?!? And by the way...my husband blames you guys for wanting it set :razz:.
Congratulations, I think you chose a great setting and it''s a great value. When you see it, I think you''ll be hooked on LOGR''s. LOL!! As I always say, they''re like potato chips, you can''t stop at one!
11.gif

It will probably take a week to make (he''s really quick, but it is the holiday season, so who knows), and then it comes super fast by DHL 3 day service. My last LOGR for my green diamond was custom made in rose gold, and it took about a week to make. I was in shock!!
6.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Agreed, LOGR is ridiculously fast. I LOVE the LOGR I received last week.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So you think this setting will close the window i n the stone? I am also hoping it helps it keep its color and glow consistant.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 10:00:40 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
So you think this setting will close the window i n the stone? I am also hoping it helps it keep its color and glow consistant.
Congrats, Tropicgal! It should help with the window - can''t be sure it will close it all of the way, but the crossbar support underneath the center stone will definitely help!

Can''t wait to see it all together!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I changed my order. I didnt get prongs, I am having the ring made to the stones size 8.5mm x 7.9mm and I am going to bezel it. It will keep the stone safer from chips and what not.

So there. It is DONE no more changes LOL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 11:03:29 PM
Author: Tropicgal10
I changed my order. I didnt get prongs, I am having the ring made to the stones size 8.5mm x 7.9mm and I am going to bezel it. It will keep the stone safer from chips and what not.

So there. It is DONE no more changes LOL!
Make sure you get a really good jeweler to bezel it. Mochi had a bezel nightmare and my jeweler, who is ordinarly really good with prongs, did a shoddy job on my one bezeled ring. He knows how to bezel diamonds though (go figure).

It seems that bezels are very difficult to do perfectly, and that's why people go to really fine skilled jewelers, like James Meyer, to do them. There's also a higher chance of chipping the stone if you bezel it, in particular if there are inclusions on the outer edges.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second that on the bezel bit. I have been very lucky to have never had a problem but for some its been quite a nightmare. (but then again I only have 2 bezeled rings)

I''m very glad you got your setting, though you''re gonna make the poor stone suffer in white gold (shame on you
41.gif
*lol*) I think it will be very gorgeous.

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Tropicgal, ask your jeweller about backsetting the bezel. I can''t tell you exactly how it is done. My ER is a bezel and I had the stone un-mounted and re-polished. When it was put back together again it was backset. there is a plate at the back of the stone with a hole in the centre. It might help with your window.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results