shape
carat
color
clarity

Well....I met the one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrBurberry

Rough_Rock
First time poster here, also I actually have been on this site all day looking at all the beautiful rings and clever proposal ideas. I really like the one with the daisy pedals in a box, "She Loves me, She loves me not" Great idea!

Well, I believe I may have finally narrowed it down to a few rings (from thousands). Some from The Natural Sapphire Company. She is really into the Sapphire as she talks about them all the time so this is what I am leaning to. I think she is really is into the Halo/Pave setting. The stone to be set is 1.91ct VVS2. Still making decisions though, any help is welcome in regards to that type of setting.

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandjsring.aspx?stoneid=JS48W18

So, the Proposal!

Well, she loves cute things. little kittens, little puppies, walks on the beach, walks in a nice green lush landscape, (Im in British Columbia and there''s no shortage of that) sunsets, loves to talk about her feelings towards me......its not a bad deal.....But back to the cute little puppies and kittys. She has been wanting a little Yorkshire Terrier for EVER so, I was thinking about purchasing the puppy and without her knowing and work together with a dog trainer (I know these things take time, but i got lots of time, no rush) and teach the little pup a few simple/basic commands and to have the trainer/friend be there when my plan unfolds to release to pup at the right time to come to me while me and my girlfriend we would be on a walk as if it were a random dog I saw, and called over to see how cute it was......So....Here is how I picture it:

We go for a nice early evening stroll (sunset time) to a park along the water, city lights starting to shine, North shore mountains, often where there are other future couples sitting on benches deciding how they themselves will spend their lives together...anyways. The moment at this point is no better as we discuss how cute the couples are, old/young. And we start to talk about us and our relationship how it has been distant (I work overseas) but unmeasurable as to the love we have for one another, and then out of nowhere......There''s a cute little puppy running towards us from across some part of the field as if its excited and i call for it to come closer "here boy here boy", me and my Gf start to pet it and I ask the little pup, "Where did you come from! Your the most beautiful puppy", and I then ask my GF, "What does the name tag say" as she has fully lost focus on me, and now totally on the dog, I pull the prized possession out of my pocket and getr on one knee behind her to get ready, she looks at the name tag and it reads, "Will you Marry Me" she would hopefully in a confused state then turn around and I would then tell her, "Im so lucky to have you beside me every day, and in my thoughts while i''m away, Will you Marry Me"

So, thats what I got going on. Depending on the decision if she goes to school or not I may have to hire a dog and his trainer instead of purchasing one.

Anyways, Enjoy. Any constructive criticism or some details I may have forgotten that may add to the moment are most welcome!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
It''s complicated but not impossible. I have a friend who tied the ring box around his girlfriend''s
dog''s neck and sent him into the room with her. They are married now.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I like it
1.gif
. As long as she gets to keep the puppy. Otherwise it's a bit mean.

So the plan would be purchasing the puppy and training it while it still lived at the breeders? I'm not to sure how easy young puppies are to train either. Another option might be to get a friend to come to the same park with the dog and leave it tied to a tree at the right time and you and your girlfriend "find' the puppy all alone without an owner -reason enough to check it's tags.

Good luck!

ETA: I like the setting you've chosen too BTW, will look stunning with a nice big sapphire in it
18.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
If I weren''t already married, I''d say that your girlfriend and I are the same person, because I would have LOVED a proposal like that. In fact, when I tell my husband your idea, I bet he says, "damn, wish I had thought of that."
emteeth.gif

I agree though that it''s a great idea to use the dog if the dog is also going to be a gift to her that she gets to keep. If it were me, I would assume that the dog were part of the proposal package. So, I''m not as crazy about the idea of "renting" a dog for the day.

Still, it''s a very creative and romantic proposal - love the idea.

MrBurberry

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for the support!

Yeah...I agree that renting a dog just isn''t the same if you don''t get to keep it in the end. But with her moving and going to school soon, and myself living overseas we wouldn''t want to put the dog in a lonely environment too soon. Especially one of those little guys that needs to get the affection and all 24 hours a day.

I was able to get in touch with a few animal talent companies and they seem to see it as an easy task and that they only need to provide me with the right obedient dog and its owner. I initially thought this is something that may be reasonably affordable, but it seems now it may start to get a little pricey but will see and keep you guys in the loop!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it with one condition:

She MUST get to keep the dog. How will she know it is rented? Starting your proposal with "it''s a rented dog, you can''t keep it" doesn''t sound too good and neither does having a really sweet proposal, letting her get to like the puppy (only takes like 2 seconds) and then taking it away.

If you are going to rent an animal for the proposal you might consider something exotic that she won''t be expecting to keep. (monkey, llama, horse, giraffe, etc.)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
My husband proposed to me with a puppy, too! Yay for puppies!
I would have been DEVASTATED if I didn''t get to keep the dog. My husband did lots of research, found a perfect baby choco lab, and adopted him, since I really wanted an adopted homeless puppy. We went out to eat while his friend put the ring on his collar, then put him in the cage. We came home just a few minutes later, and I didn''t even see the puppy until he came walking upstairs with him, wrapped in a towel bc he had pooped in his cage! He got on one knee and gave me the dog and ring.

Its great bc charlie is always there to remind me of the day we got engaged. I had wanted a dog sooooooo badly, so if I was given the dog and had to return it, I would have been upset.

What about volunteering at a shelter and doing this, if you can''t keep the puppy? And not using her favorite kind of dog, since it seriously wouldn''t be good for her to have to return it, and promise her you can get a yorkie when the timing is right? Its a very complicated plan, and can be done, but if you''re going to be keeping the dog, where would you keep it while being trained?

And be prepared if you do give her the dog that she will not know what to do with herself...she will feel like an ADD child playing with the puppy and the ring.

Best of luck!

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
I think that this is a really, really sweet idea.

Logistically though, I think it could result in some heartache, either for your girlfriend or for the puppy. Here is what I would suggest:

Talk to a local no-kill shelter and ask if you could do this in exchange for sponsoring one of their puppies (will probably cost less than hiring a dog trainer). Put the dog tag on the puppy and proceed as you planned, but make it clear to your girlfriend that you didn''t think now was the right time to get a dog, but you promise you will when things settle down. Many shelters will update you with pictures of the dog that you have sponsored and give you news updates. You would still have an attachment to the dog and would be helping it find a forever home, and when you settle in together you could get the Yorkie puppy.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 3:32:38 PM
Author: karpouzi
I think that this is a really, really sweet idea.

Logistically though, I think it could result in some heartache, either for your girlfriend or for the puppy. Here is what I would suggest:

Talk to a local no-kill shelter and ask if you could do this in exchange for sponsoring one of their puppies (will probably cost less than hiring a dog trainer). Put the dog tag on the puppy and proceed as you planned, but make it clear to your girlfriend that you didn''t think now was the right time to get a dog, but you promise you will when things settle down. Many shelters will update you with pictures of the dog that you have sponsored and give you news updates. You would still have an attachment to the dog and would be helping it find a forever home, and when you settle in together you could get the Yorkie puppy.
that''s a decent idea. Then at least you can sponsor the puppy together and know you''re getting a real one when you get married.

My vote would still be to buy a puppy (and just hire a dog walker/sitter to help with her schedule)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love the ring, think your heart is in the right place, have some issues with the proposal idea ....

... I mean, I''m not even a dog person, and under those circumstances *I* would want to keep the dog. Could you maybe use a stuffed animal "found" on a park bench with the engraved tags (which, btw, I think are so sweet) (and an IOU for an eventual real puppy) if getting a dog right now isn''t an option? Because otherwise, I think it might be a bit bittersweet ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results