color
clarity

Well crap. I think I've "crossed over".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1412304055|3761037 said:
kmarla|1412260367|3760587 said:
Getting older is inevitable, but sometimes I get a strange disconnect between what I see in the mirror and what I feel in my mind. I still feel 20 something inside.....wiser and more tolerant, but still young in spirit. I got to use my senior discount for the first time last month (age 55 at Michael's) and thankfully the 20 something sales assistant pretended that she was shocked that I was old enough to qualify!! Sadly I know who Captain and Tenille are and used to watch Wolfman Jack and The Midnight Special Friday nights in my teens. Anyone else remember? And finally for those of you that are "over the hill," I say "it's better to be over the hill than under it." :lol:

Yes! Midnight Special, I remember bell bottoms, platform shoes in the 70's, Captain and Tenille, Love Boat (the show, not the drug), Starsky and Hutch and Gilligans Isle. I'm not more tolerant, I'm more judgmental, but that's probably good, because the younger me would not pick a side to save her life. I was a complete doormat. Now...I am in touch with my inner bitch :) mostly, I like her.
Oh yeah...now, I apparently secretly think it is my life's mission to enlighten everyone... until I catch myself and realize I am turning into my mother :)

Life is good.
:errrr: Most PSers don't know what you are talking about... :bigsmile:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1412306438|3761061 said:
moneymeister|1412304055|3761037 said:
kmarla|1412260367|3760587 said:
Getting older is inevitable, but sometimes I get a strange disconnect between what I see in the mirror and what I feel in my mind. I still feel 20 something inside.....wiser and more tolerant, but still young in spirit. I got to use my senior discount for the first time last month (age 55 at Michael's) and thankfully the 20 something sales assistant pretended that she was shocked that I was old enough to qualify!! Sadly I know who Captain and Tenille are and used to watch Wolfman Jack and The Midnight Special Friday nights in my teens. Anyone else remember? And finally for those of you that are "over the hill," I say "it's better to be over the hill than under it." :lol:

Yes! Midnight Special, I remember bell bottoms, platform shoes in the 70's, Captain and Tenille, Love Boat (the show, not the drug), Starsky and Hutch and Gilligans Isle. I'm not more tolerant, I'm more judgmental, but that's probably good, because the younger me would not pick a side to save her life. I was a complete doormat. Now...I am in touch with my inner bitch :) mostly, I like her.
Oh yeah...now, I apparently secretly think it is my life's mission to enlighten everyone... until I catch myself and realize I am turning into my mother :)

Life is good.
:errrr: Most PSers don't know what you are talking about... :bigsmile:

Oh yeah, I talk to myself a lot too ;-)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL!

You youngsters are a gas!

I may have a little empathy for you, but no sympathy, NONE.

At nearly 68 and going stronger than I did at 50 I can tell you that it is all about the ability to love what you are doing and to chase your dreams! Being able to laugh at yourself a little helps too.

As for getting old, well, I expect to retire at about 80, but if I can still see and still love diamonds when I am 80 I will probably revamp that to 85 or 90. Nice thing about owning my own business, no one can put me out to pasture but me.

Wink

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when my DH went to Kohls and they automatically gave him the senior discount. He was devastated. I think he was about 50. He still talks about it. I don't think he looks old at all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember how ticked off I got when the damn AARP magazine arrived. Husband handed it to me and said oh yeah this came addressed to you. He said my the look on my face was priceless.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
I went to see Robbie Williams recently. We had tix in the inner pit, so right up close to the stage (standing). There was a mix of young and old there.

We had been chatting to a young girl next to us who had a sign saying "you're my 21st birthday present". He noticed the sign and had a photo with her and then went to sing happy birthday. I thought I might video it seeing as how we'd been chatting so got my phone out. He stops the music and says "hang on, the mum wants to video it" ! :o :oops: :lol:

When did I go from being a hot young thing to someone's mum? And she wasn't even my daughter!

April20

Ideal_Rock
GlamMosher|1412486899|3762366 said:
I went to see Robbie Williams recently. We had tix in the inner pit, so right up close to the stage (standing). There was a mix of young and old there.

We had been chatting to a young girl next to us who had a sign saying "you're my 21st birthday present". He noticed the sign and had a photo with her and then went to sing happy birthday. I thought I might video it seeing as how we'd been chatting so got my phone out. He stops the music and says "hang on, the mum wants to video it" ! :o :oops: :lol:

When did I go from being a hot young thing to someone's mum? And she wasn't even my daughter!

Oh that's just wrong!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone noticed that doctors seem to be looking younger and younger?

April20

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1412542732|3762602 said:

Yes! My FIL recently had surgery and I swear some of the docs around the hosp looked like high school kids.

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
It blows my mind to think that elementary kids these days weren't even born when 9/11 happened. I teach 1st grade and what I experienced in middle school is "history" to them! :-o

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Jambalaya|1412542732|3762602 said:

Yes! And pilots! I used to work at an airport and sometimes I used to say "oh please tell me you are not flying that thing?"

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alpackie|1412547760|3762634 said:
It blows my mind to think that elementary kids these days weren't even born when 9/11 happened. I teach 1st grade and what I experienced in middle school is "history" to them! :-o
Nothing makes me older than realizing that 9/11, which happened right in front of my eyes, is history to someone else. But then, I wasn't around for pres. Kennedy assassination. Only read about it and it was a defining moment for that generation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results