shape
carat
color
clarity

Weirdest, most random gift of ''07...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
In response to EBree''s thread, I''d like to invite you all to post about your "huh?" gifts this year...you know you all have them...the one where you think, "Does this person even know me?" or "Where did they FIND this?" or you''re certain they''ve been busted for regifting....

I''ll start...I got a couple of frog salt and pepper shakers from my mom. Now, I''ll admit that I like frogs and they are my favorite animal....but do you want to season your food with something that comes out of a frog''s NOSE? But, since they are a gift, I''m using them....

PS Attach photos if you have them so we can all share in the glory...

DSC00500.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, those are so cute! They''re different, but fun. Regular old salt and pepper shakers are a bit dull!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
A few years ago my mom started to buy me the Tweety Bird figurines from Lenox. I’m not big into collecting things but because I appreciate the value of Lenox and the fact that Tweety was my nickname as a wee baby, I’ve never really been disappointed in these figurines. Well, this is the first year for that because my mom bought me one that Tweety riding a carousel horse. I’m just not that into carousel horses. So this object, which I will keep, is displayed in the china cabinet but I do cringe a bit when I look at it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so embarassed to admit this, but I''m a HUGE Sleeping Beauty fan. My husband constantly teases me about it, and for Christmas, he gave me a porcelain Aurora.

Sooooo embarassing!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2008 2:06:22 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''m so embarassed to admit this, but I''m a HUGE Sleeping Beauty fan. My husband constantly teases me about it, and for Christmas, he gave me a porcelain Aurora.

Sooooo embarassing!
I would love to see pictures sometime, I too am a SB fan and I used to spend much time drawing Aurora when I was a child!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 2:10:39 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 1/2/2008 2:06:22 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Sooooo embarassing!
I would love to see pictures sometime, I too am a SB fan and I used to spend much time drawing Aurora when I was a child!
No way - how funny!

So, you''re probably as angered as I am that the dolls and all artwork are all in pink dresses - Aurora''s dress was blue (for most of the movie). Oh, well.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the time being, though. I found a pic - although very hard to see details.

On the 3rd shelf down, next to my Dansk reindeer.
2.gif

Aurora.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see her and she is gorgeous, but I completely agree her dress should be BLUE!!!!
16.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here''s one for guys giving useful gifts. One of the gifts my husband gave me was a hot water bottle. OK I did say I wanted one, but as a Christmas gift?...
20.gif

designchica

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend''s mom gave me mace. That''s not the only thing she gave me, of course but it was still weird.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
This year the award has to go to the SCREWDRIVER my husband gave me. WHAT was he THINKING you ask? Well, he has a nice snap-on screwdriver that he is convinced I am going to lose, so he gave me my own so I wouldn''t use his. ummmm okay, since I use a screwdriver like twice a year......

Did get a corny twister mug from a family member a few years ago. Put batteries in the handle, push a button on top of the handle, and it "stirs" your drink for you. Another one of those ummmm okay moments when I opened that little gem on xmas morning.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hairgirl...that cracks me up. I can just imagine your face when you opened a screwdriver. Did he at least get a pink one? I think they have a woman''s line at home depot!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I used to be into Eeyore in high school (like 10 years ago), and my MIL seems to buy me an Eeyore something just about every year, despite the fact that I''ve told her not to, and that I never wear or display any of it.

This year was a light purple fleece sweat shirt with a huge Eeyore on the front. It would be cute, if I was still 10! Thanks MIL...

At least she started putting gift receipts in the box, that one is going back tomorrow!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
A toilet seat!!

Well, I did not actually receive it, but my sister did!! There was high drama involved too b/c it was for a white elephant gift exchange and my step-dad had it, but my sister stole it from him. IT was actually the gift my BF borught :) She was so happy b/c her basement bathroom was in need of a new toilet seat. Plus, its really cold in her basement and the seat is one of those foamy squishiy ones, so its not cold.

She was so excited that she went downstairs later that day to install it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results