shape
carat
color
clarity

weird reflection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

about2Bengaged

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the table of my fiancee''s diamond (about 1 carat, pretty well cut (1B), G VS 2) from about 3 feet away and on an angle. I noticed what seemed to be a black spot near the table and it disappeared as the diamond moved. It''s similar to a dot of any other color (blue, purple, orange, etc) in size and the fact that it goes away when the stone is moved. Yet, when I look at the stone up close (at the same angle as where I thought I saw black and at other angles), I can see the other "color dots" but not the black. I know for sure that there is no inclusion here and I''m pretty sure it''s not dirt (unless it''s caked on to a corner of a facet I didn''t see, but I doubt it) . What could this be? Could it just be a point in the diamond that absorbs and does not reflect light?

It''s just weird that I could only see it at a certain angle and not up close. I''m not alarmed; just curious. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results