shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Little RULEZZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 5:42:24 PM
Author: jcrow
i agree: * DH *hates* it when people salt or pepper their food before tasting it.
i don''t get it!

i''m sure when i get home dh will remind me of a thousand more that i have
20.gif
9.gif
A little off subject but I had a job interview one day and the boss took me to a Waffle House for breakfast, odd yes. This was a brilliant man, he watched my interactions with the waitress and as soon as I took a bite of food and then added pepper he hired me on the spot.

I asked him about it a little later and he said it showed him that I am not a creature of habit and willing to take chances. hmmm intriguing guy.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
This thread is hilarious. I also have a lot of the same rules as most of the rest of you do, so I won''t be reduntant and post them again. I''ll only mention the ones that I don''t think anyone else has mentioned yet...

If one of my nails breaks, I have to trim them all down. I can''t stand having one short nail!

My only real food fetish is that I can''t stand it if all the food on a plate is the same color. Like I couldn''t eat a meal that consited of a broiled chicken, cottage cheese, rice, and cauliflower. That scares me.

The seams on my bed pillows all have to be facing the headboard. Can''t stand it if the seams don''t all face the same way.

I can''t sleep if the blankets on my side of the bed aren''t tucked in around my feet.

I can''t go to bed unless I have a glass of really cold icewater on my night stand. Even if I don''t drink it, I want to know it''s there.

I always want the same color of nail polish on my toes as I have on my fingers.

I can''t leave the house unless I check to make sure all of the doors are locked.

I don''t allow other people to put food in my mouth. The only exception was when I let my husband put the cake in my mouth at our wedding reception, but I made him PROMISE that he wouldn''t smush it on my face!

I''m sure I have a million more that I''m not even aware of, because my husband swears I''m OCD. But that''s all I can really think of off the top of my head.
9.gif

Picos

Rough_Rock
I always used to wear jewlery until my sister brought back a cloth wrist band from Mexico...it stays on all the time so now I''d have to worry about feeling naked!!

Always match your belt to your shoes reasonably. No brown belt & black shoes here!

I love having my piles of décor pillows on my couch; I dont really care if you can''t sit there...you just place then nicely on the floor, kthx. Same goes for the pillow pile on my bed...when I sleep they go on the floor atop my quit (it gets hot at night!).

I hate food touching! Grosssssss! Gravy only on mashed, mustard only on sausage, etc. Even cheese (which I love) doesn''t get sprinkled on everything. Seriously, KFC, those "bowels of food" look disgusting.

Always always sweeten your tea, I''m not from the North...I like my sweet tea!

I also have to have the restroom door open...it''s the room that the air conditioner vent gets the most air so it''s the coldest and at night I want to spread the cold air goodness around the apartment.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Symmetry with plants--gotta have equal numbers at both sides of door outside.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, I think I''m highly OCD. Here are just a few rules (out of many) that I have.

The toilet paper sheet has to be on the underside of the roll. It drives me batty to have it over the top.

I always have to know waaaay ahead of time what our plans our. I wish I was more spontaneous and a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal but that''s just not me.

I have to check that I''ve set the alarm sooooo many times. I always check to make sure that there are four dots on the clock afterwards before I can even think about going to sleep. I''m blind as a bat without my glasses on so this is how I know I''ve set the alarm correctly after I''m in bed. BTW, the four dots include the colon between the hour and minutes, the "alarm" and the "PM" dots. Silly, I know!

There''s one particular intersection I come to when I go to my parents'' house. If I get to the intersection and the light is green, I go straight through. If I get to the intersection and the light is red, I have to turn left. Either way will get me there, one is just a slightly more roundabout way.

My FI has one: he has "assigned" each compartment in the dishwasher''s silverware caddy a certain type of utensil. Forks go in one. Spoons go in another. It''s not just that he separates them either. The spoons go in the middle compartment, the forks go in one of the end compartments... weird.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of intersections, even when the light turns green if I''m the first one going through the intersection I still look left and right to make sure no one''s about to run their red light. Or that no police cars/fire trucks are coming. Maybe it''s not weird but I was in an accident once when a guy ran his red light and broadsided the car I was riding in, so I''ve been paranoid about that ever since.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 10:38:28 PM
Author: zoebartlett

I always have to know waaaay ahead of time what our plans our. I wish I was more spontaneous and a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal but that''s just not me.

I have to check that I''ve set the alarm sooooo many times. I always check to make sure that there are four dots on the clock afterwards before I can even think about going to sleep.
I am the same on those too! I worry that I don''t close the garage door too; I always double check.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the ring thing...one ring per hand.

I inherited this one from my mom: be extremely early for everything. I''m not sure why. It''s to the point now where if I''m on time, I''m upset because I feel like I''m late. This drives my FI insane. I get uptight and panicky if I feel like we''ll be late for something.

Rinse dishes before loading dishwasher. My mom doesn''t do this at my parents'' house and I get grossed out every time I go to put something in the dishwasher.

I love to mix foods. I mix the foods together at times, and I also alternate food items when eating. I''ll take a bite of this, then a bite of that. While my FI can eat foods that are mixed together, if he chooses not to, he will always finish one food before moving on to the next one.

I can watch a movie more than once but I don''t like reading a book more than once.

Don''t leave kitchen cabinet doors open if you''re not in the kitchen. My FI does this all the time and I hate it.

If someone''s trying to merge onto the highway and you''re in the right lane, move to the left lane if you can so he or she can get onto the road.

Clean up as you cook. I hate a messy kitchen.

Unless it''s really hot, I need to be covered with sheets or a blanket when I''m in bed.

I have to sleep with the cool side of the pillow touching my face.

Unless it''s really hot out, there''s no need for a fan and certainly no need for an air conditoner. My FI disagrees.

I have to put pants, socks, and shoes on with my left leg and foot first. It doesn''t feel right to begin with my right.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 10:47:03 PM
Author: Skippy123

I have to check that I''ve set the alarm sooooo many times. I always check to make sure that there are four dots on the clock afterwards before I can even think about going to sleep.
I am the same on those too! I worry that I don''t close the garage door too; I always double check.
Oh my gosh! How could I have forgotten the alarm clock thing! I guess it''s because it''s summer vacation and I haven''t been getting up as early.
9.gif
But ten months out of the year that''s me, too...checking the alarm several times before I go to bed. And this time my habit came not out of my OCD tendancies, but because my husband has a habit of messing around with my alarms!
29.gif
It''s one thing we tend to argue about. Every once in a while he shuts my alarm off, or resets it or something and I end up oversleeping. I hate when that happens. Two things I REALLY hate are running late and being rushed. I have my morning regime timed down to the minute, so I don''t like to have my routine upset.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has a weird rule that I roll my eyes over...the volume of the t.v. has to be an even number, or multiples of 5. Sometimes to spite him I put the volume on 21, lol!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
No street clothes in the bed when you are under the comforter. Only fresh pj''s under the covers-- which means if you wear the pj''s around the house and sit on things, you have to change into fresh ones. Street clothes are okay on top of the comforter, but your rear end cannot rest higher than halfway to the top/headboard. I''m weird...

I have to wipe my dog''s paws with baby wipes every time he goes outside.

After my dog has a bath, I keep him in a shirt or sweater for a few days (except for bedtime) because I feel like it keeps him cleaner.

Before I wash my hands in a public bathroom, I roll out some paper towel so I can use it to turn off the faucet, use it on the towel dispenser handle to get more paper towel, then I dry my hands and open the door with the towel.

In movie theaters, I like to wear shirts or sweaters with a hood so I can cover my head and rest against the chair. I don''t like my hair or head to touch public seats.

If I have to hold the bar while standing on a train, I use hand sanitizer as soon as I let go.

The common theme in all this= germs and dirt!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
OMG...this is so me. I also "match" my soap to my bathrooms! As well as skin care products! I know what ingredients work for my skin, so I buy brands with packaging that match the decor of my master bath. OY. (I have to leave my cleansers/moisturizers/anti-aging products out in plain sight or I won''t use them at night..I forget & go to bed with makeup face...since I rarely break out, this has been a hard habit to break)

RT: I too deplore the use of food processor. My wedding present one sits lonely & forgotten in a cupboard...I''m a knife girl. I get joy out of the prep work of cutting veggies, etc.

My other little rulez:

Rooms must be cleaned from "top down" ending with sweeping/mopping/vacuuming dead last.
Dishwasher MUST be loaded MY way or I will re-load/organize it for maximum cleaning efficiency.
Dogs paws MUST be wiped before she re-enters house --- that''s why "her" towel hangs on a rack by "her" door. It rains 260 days a year here!
Vaccuuming must go in one direction for nice lines
Counters MUST be wiped clean at all times & shiny! (black granite..ugh)
Recycling goes out at the end of the day, do not dump my inside bin before 9pm!
No newspapers left in the bathroom/bedroom (dh drives me nutso with this)
Mail must be opened, filed, recycled, shredded upon coming into house.
Keys, wallets, purses, etc must go in designated storage at entrance of house
Towels must be folded in thirds
Knick knacks are dust catchers & anything deemed useless, without beauty, or purpose will be donated to GoodWill immediately.
Sheets must match bed, towels, etc & be coordinated at all times
Clothes are organized in closet by function & then by color from black to white. Dressy evening, work, going out, casual, lounge, etc..... Also...clothes are stored elsewhere according to season so as not to "interfere" with clothing decisions of current season''s clothing. (this also helps weed out closet every few months..more goodwill donations)

Fashion Rulez:

Do not wear day leather shoes with "evening wear"
Do not carry day leather bags with "evening wear"
NO nylons with open toed shoes. I don''t care if its -10 below & January. Don''t do it. Buy closed toe dress heels if you MUST wear hose of some kind.
Don''t wear it twice. (for instance---if you wore leggings in 1984 ---like me in jr. high...chances are you are too "old" to wear that trend again...get real)
Don''t match fingernail & toenail polish. Toes are either dark/bright/vivid/deep & nails pale please.
Do not wear Parka''s or other ski type outerwear with dressy clothes. (oh living in Portland....fashion void)
NO wide wale corduroy in spring/summer (again...NW guys? you listening?)
Thou shalt not tuck in & belt sweaters & sweatshirts.
No shorts in February...not here...you look silly. (again....guys here...my dh included)
Easy on the makeup...play up one fantastic feature.
SUPEREASY on the foundation. Blend blend blend....or better yet, only use where needed & blend blend blend.

I''m OCD girl. This is so sad.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 8:00:21 PM
Author: divergrrl
OMG...this is so me. I also ''match'' my soap to my bathrooms! As well as skin care products! I know what ingredients work for my skin, so I buy brands with packaging that match the decor of my master bath. OY. (I have to leave my cleansers/moisturizers/anti-aging products out in plain sight or I won''t use them at night..I forget & go to bed with makeup face...since I rarely break out, this has been a hard habit to break)

RT: I too deplore the use of food processor. My wedding present one sits lonely & forgotten in a cupboard...I''m a knife girl. I get joy out of the prep work of cutting veggies, etc.

My other little rulez:

Rooms must be cleaned from ''top down'' ending with sweeping/mopping/vacuuming dead last.
Dishwasher MUST be loaded MY way or I will re-load/organize it for maximum cleaning efficiency.
Dogs paws MUST be wiped before she re-enters house --- that''s why ''her'' towel hangs on a rack by ''her'' door. It rains 260 days a year here!
Vaccuuming must go in one direction for nice lines
Counters MUST be wiped clean at all times & shiny! (black granite..ugh)
Recycling goes out at the end of the day, do not dump my inside bin before 9pm!
No newspapers left in the bathroom/bedroom (dh drives me nutso with this)
Mail must be opened, filed, recycled, shredded upon coming into house.
Keys, wallets, purses, etc must go in designated storage at entrance of house
Towels must be folded in thirds
Knick knacks are dust catchers & anything deemed useless, without beauty, or purpose will be donated to GoodWill immediately.
Sheets must match bed, towels, etc & be coordinated at all times
Clothes are organized in closet by function & then by color from black to white. Dressy evening, work, going out, casual, lounge, etc..... Also...clothes are stored elsewhere according to season so as not to ''interfere'' with clothing decisions of current season''s clothing. (this also helps weed out closet every few months..more goodwill donations)

Fashion Rulez:

Do not wear day leather shoes with ''evening wear''
Do not carry day leather bags with ''evening wear''
NO nylons with open toed shoes. I don''t care if its -10 below & January. Don''t do it. Buy closed toe dress heels if you MUST wear hose of some kind.
Don''t wear it twice. (for instance---if you wore leggings in 1984 ---like me in jr. high...chances are you are too ''old'' to wear that trend again...get real)
Don''t match fingernail & toenail polish. Toes are either dark/bright/vivid/deep & nails pale please.
Do not wear Parka''s or other ski type outerwear with dressy clothes. (oh living in Portland....fashion void)
NO wide wale corduroy in spring/summer (again...NW guys? you listening?)
Thou shalt not tuck in & belt sweaters & sweatshirts.
No shorts in February...not here...you look silly. (again....guys here...my dh included)
Easy on the makeup...play up one fantastic feature.
SUPEREASY on the foundation. Blend blend blend....or better yet, only use where needed & blend blend blend.

I''m OCD girl. This is so sad.
Oh Diver, we are twins! This cracked me up because I didn''t think I was that rules oriented until I read this and was like, uh - yeah, that''s what I do...And that...And that...And that! I totally agree about not wearing something again! DH is always telling me to wear certain 80s style things. I tell him that I wore it already, can''t do it again! I can''t agree with the no shorts in Feb. though, we had a warm President''s Day and went to the beach (in bathing suits)!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

My FI has one: he has ''assigned'' each compartment in the dishwasher''s silverware caddy a certain type of utensil. Forks go in one. Spoons go in another. It''s not just that he separates them either. The spoons go in the middle compartment, the forks go in one of the end compartments... weird.

i do the same thing. it makes them easier to get out and put away once clean.

others:

- no wire hangers

- i also have photo ids for my shoe boxes. i like to see what''s inside without having to open the boxes. it also helps me to actually wear all my shoes and not forget about some.

-closet clothes are also organized. first by type of clothing then by color in each of those sections.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My BF does the closet organization just like you, jcrow! It doesn''t always stay that way, but when he''s in a bad mood...oh boy. I can always tell when he had a really bad day when I go to his place and the closet is organized. Then I know to tread softly! But he never touches my drawer...on good days, it''s mine and I can do whatever I want with it. On bad days when he goes into a cleaning frenzy I think he''d dump me for how messy it is! So he never, ever opens it. It''s a surprisingly good place to hide his presents, haha!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... you guys would hate me if you saw me. I wear a ring on each finger except my index. Always have.

-Toilet paper must come over the top.
-All my money must go in the same direction, facing the same way.
-Please don''t your ''outside'' clothes on the pillows. I have to sleep on them, don''t want the ''outsaide world stuff'' on them.
-I MUST wash my hands when I come home in the evening. Then I must change clothes.
-When I have candles burning at home, they must be balanced to the room (no one candle burning).
-All my products in the bathroom have to be arranged according to height. I do this in hotels, too.
-I also must clean as I''m cooking. DH will just leave a trail of destruction.
-No matter how warm it is, the sheet must stay on the bed. DH will kick it off, but I have to have at least my feet covered.
-My half of the closet must be organized by type: left to right starting with long dresses, long skirts, short dresses/skirts, long sleeve tops, short sleeve, sheer then sleeveless.
-USE A DIRECTIONAL!!! I''ve been sideswiped by someone who just came on over and nearly so many times more.
-If you can''t find your gas pedal, get out of the left lane.
- Do not STOP on an onramp to the highway. Unfortunately DH does this instead of speeding up and seamlessly merging and he''s almost been rear-ended a few times.

I probably have a bunch more as well.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot sleep with jewelry on it really annoys me.

I also like my money in denominational order facing the same way.

I have to get into comfy clothes when I come home if I am dressed up.

I always have to remove all the little postcards and stiff paper things from a magazine before I read it because they bother me while I am reading.

I know I will think of many more, this is just the tip of the iceberg! (can we say compulsive?)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, first thing i do when i come home (besides letting cosmo outside) is change clothes! i can''t stand to be in the same clothes i''ve been in all day!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok- I share a lot of the same as many of you- but I have a few more of my own to add:

In the dishwasher spoons, knives & forks all have their own compartments AND MUST be placed in with the handles up- I loathe the idea of touching the part that goes in your mouth when unloading the dishwasher.

I have to shower & change clothes after taking a plane or train anywhere. I usually shower the night before I leave and try to look nice while traveling, but think that planes and trains are gross and dirty, so I always like to shower and change upon arriving at my destination.

If I have just put clean sheets on the bed, I like to shower before bed- I hate the idea of dirty feet, etc. in a clean bed.
Also I can''t sleep on horrid sheets, they have to be 100% cotton and preferably above 400 thread count. I bring my own pillow cases with me many places because it''s the pillows that bug me more than anything.

No hose w/ open toed shoes ever. Also no "suntan" or white hose- if you must wear stockings then they must be as close to your skin tone as possible.

I am not as adamant about matching colors as I am about matching "styles" I can''t handle it when people wear 2 different "genre" of clothing (like business shoes w/ an evening dress, or pumps w/ a sundress, etc.)

When traveling, please don''t try to look like a tourist- this means no fanny-packs (EVER!) also please don''t wear your camera around your neck.
Also when traveling please don''t wear shorts and t-shirts, please try to dress nicely, not like you are doing yard work or going to K-mart to pick up lightbulbs.

In the same vein, the only people who should wear backpacks are hikers & students.

As far as food goes- I agree w/ the color thing- also I don''t like to have the same main ingredient more than once in one meal- example- my MIL made a spinach salad for first course, then had spinach bread w/ main meal- a no-no in my book. I wouldn''t have a salad w/ apples in it for first course and then have apple pie for dessert.

Always, always, always wear sunblock on your face.

Always bring a host or hostess gift to a party.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My work rules:

- Belt and shoes must match. No black belt/brown shoes combo here (although the boss is guilty)

- Only wear dark colored jeans on casual Fridays

- Mail/correspondence needs to be sent out every day

- Must be in the office before the boss

- Check email first thing in the morning

- I am NOT the phone book. If you need the court''s phone number then look it up!

- I am also not a map. MAPQUEST is your friend - look us up and get directions

- If you fax something make sure it is legible. Otherwise it goes into the trash

- If you mail me something or fax me something (that''s legible) make sure your name and case number is on it

- I am not a babysitter. Don''t bring your kids if they can''t behave; likewise, my office is not a daycare center. We do not have snacks, juice and toys for them to play with so bring your own

- I am not a secretary. Look at the degree on the wall and get it right. (I know, some people don''t know any better especially if they are on the phone)

- Don''t call me ma''am - I''m only 25!

- Desk and keyboard are sanitized everyday - especially if a client is particularly gross/unclean

- Work piles are organized in the order of priority

Jess

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
fun thread! didn''t read thru every single post, but i have so many in common with so many of you...here are some of mine:

1) I cannot, repeat cannot, under any circumstances wear the same socks twice (be it leggings, sports socks, normal socks, u name it..) even if it has just been on my feet for 20 mins...can''t!! have to get another fresh pair out..

2) cannot mix brown and black...(no brown bag/black shoes or vice versa..i just can''t do it!!)

3) Can''t handle high waisted trousers..i can''t!!! it kills me...and if you tuck a shirt in...you might as well just shoot me in the head..

4) I have to have the TV/DVD volume at a certain level or I just can''t concentrate on what is being said. it has to be on low..I can''t handle noise...!! :)

5) I hate chipped polish...if a tiny crack appears (even if it is the day after a manicure!) i have to remove it all immediately.

6) speaking of polish, I never use dark or bright polish because I cant stand how it stains your skin after you remove it (reddish skin after you remove red polish)

7) and i do not buy lacey bras...i *hate* how they show under tops (especially fitted tops or tees)..I can''t stand any bumps or lines or designs showing...ppl should not be able to figure out the design and color of you bra thru ur top!!

8) I have to remove ALL my jewelery as SOON as i walk into the house..It irritates the world out of me if I''m at home.

9)I can''t cover my face when sleeping..I feel like i''ll immediately suffocate

Im sure i have plenty more, but can''t think about them just yet!

Monarch64: My husband is like yours!!! he has to have the volume in even numbers only..hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results