shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Laws

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We all know of a weird law in our area or out, so post em!!

In a nearby town, their is a law that states "you must not walk your alligator in town without a leash"

And, in a city in IL, it is illegal to make a face at a dog.

ETA-had to go look this one up to make sure I wasn't making stuff up. In another city in IL, "Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited."

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
These always crack me up. There was another thread on this, can't dig it up. Seems like England had some pretty hilarious one's if I remember correctly. Not making fun of my dear friends across the pond. But yeah, you guys are wonky!!
31.gif

Lorelie, you know I wasn't directing this at you, hehe. Hoping the weather there improves, it's been pants for like a year already!! Feel for you!!
5.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 10:27:04 PM
Author:somethingshiny
We all know of a weird law in our area or out, so post em!!

In a nearby town, their is a law that states ''you must not walk your alligator in town without a leash''

And, in a city in IL, it is illegal to make a face at a dog.

ETA-had to go look this one up to make sure I wasn''t making stuff up. In another city in IL, ''Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited.''
So is it ok to ice skate in July??
9.gif
That doesn''t sound like too much fun! I''ve heard of some wacky laws before but I''m not aware of any in my area. Those are hysterical!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2008 11:34:23 PM
Author: Kaleigh
These always crack me up. There was another thread on this, can''t dig it up. Seems like England had some pretty hilarious one''s if I remember correctly. Not making fun of my dear friends across the pond. But yeah, you guys are wonky!!
31.gif

Lorelie, you know I wasn''t directing this at you, hehe. Hoping the weather there improves, it''s been pants for like a year already!! Feel for you!!
5.gif
Hehehe...thanks Kaleigh!!
31.gif
The weather continues to be pants bigtime and I am so sick of it!
14.gif

I too remember that thread that had some crazy British laws which continue to this day!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
In Kentucky its illegal to carry ice cream in your pocket.

Yes, I know....strange...my question is....why was that one made in the first place? And how do you get it home without it melting...

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We have one in Phoenix that''s not too weird, but kinda interesting. It''s called the "Stupid Motorist Law", yes, that is the actual name. When it rains here we have lots of roads that get washed out. If they have signs up that say road closed, and you decide to drive through it anyway and you get stuck, you get to pay the bill for being rescued. Helicopters, amulance, firemen and all. You''d be suprised at how many Hummers think they can drive through a river...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
For some reason, Illinois is full of weird laws. Here''s a few more:

In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.

You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.

Chicago law prohibits eating in a place that is on fire.

It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of Urbana, Illinois. (it''s a college town...
2.gif
)

It is also illegal in Joliet to mispronounce Joliet. (it''s not JOLLY-ette, it''s JOLIE-ette.)

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Nevada:

In Las Vegas it''s against the law to pawn your dentures.
It is illegal to drive a camel on the Highway.
It’s still “Legal” to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property.
In Elko, Nevada everyone walking the streets is required to wear a mask. -This one cracks me up
In Reno it is illegal to lie down on the sidewalk.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh love this topic. In college, my town had an ordinance that you couldn't wear a toga in city limits (which lemme tell ya, I broke a few times!). They also had a really strangely worded ordinance about how many unrelated people (and of what genders) could live in a single home together (meant to stop brothels and sorority houses, I think), that they were thinking of revoking since it sortof implied that unrelated women can't live together. Also in IL, I think it's still on the books that you can't drive your car barefoot.

ETA: Oh dear, that one for Reno kinda makes sense to me...

Also, as David Sedaris points out, in Michigan and Texas it is legal for the blind to hunt as long as they're accompanied by a seeing person.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
You''re right Elmorton. You CAN''T drive your car barefoot. My sister got a warning for it when she first got her license.
23.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL, no way! How did the officer notice she wasn''t wearing shoes? My mom swore up and down that this was some sort of safety precaution and that shoes would protect me if my footwell somehow went up in flames. I don''t really buy it, though. I wonder what the real reasoning is...maybe something having do with the ability to walk outside of the vehicle in case of being pulled over or something?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton~

She didn''t get pulled OVER for being barefoot. She was pulled over for speeding! The officer noticed her feet as she was trying to get into her glove box. He said it could cause severe injuries in an , like her foot being stuck instead of just a shoe. And, he said that bare feet are much more likely to slip off the pedals if you''re trying to stomp on the brake to avoid an . I think there may be something too about having backs on the shoes so they don''t slide under the pedal, but I don''t know if it''s a law or just something taught in driver''s ed.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 11:11:12 PM
Author: Elmorton
They also had a really strangely worded ordinance about how many unrelated people (and of what genders) could live in a single home together (meant to stop brothels and sorority houses, I think), that they were thinking of revoking since it sortof implied that unrelated women can''t live together.
Elmorton - They have this one in Vancouver, BC, Canada as well. Weird or just really outdated.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results