shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird kitty question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Lola has started making a weird noise. It''s like she''s trying to meow at me, but it comes out kind of hoarse, and sounds a little like a frog''s imitation of a meow. And then when she''s close enough to not have to do it to get my attention, she just kind of mouths her meow.

Is this normal, or should I take her to the vet?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some cats just have rusty little voices, I think: mine used to do that, to. If she''s evincing any discomfort at all, sure, take her to the vet, but if it''s just the meowing and the miming, I''d say encourage her by chattering back at her and ask the vet on your next visit ....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 7:37:27 PM
Author: Circe
Some cats just have rusty little voices, I think: mine used to do that, to. If she''s evincing any discomfort at all, sure, take her to the vet, but if it''s just the meowing and the miming, I''d say encourage her by chattering back at her and ask the vet on your next visit ....

Okay, I was just a little concerned because Ezra''s been sneezing and I wondered if maybe they were both getting sick. Maybe she''s just hoarse from hissing at him when he tries to play too rough, though?

I may just call the vet tomorrow to be safe. I''m a little easily scared when it comes to my babies.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Huh, if your other cat is sneezing and the meow/miming is a new development from a long-term pet, then definitely explore it ... I was thinking if this was a new kitty then it just sounded like a common cat thing. I hope they are both okay!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 8:57:34 PM
Author: Circe
Huh, if your other cat is sneezing and the meow/miming is a new development from a long-term pet, then definitely explore it ... I was thinking if this was a new kitty then it just sounded like a common cat thing. I hope they are both okay!

Yeah, if it was just her I think I''d worry a little less. Thanks for the advice!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i think that you should call the vet. it may be nothing, it may be something. better to know. please let us know what you find out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would talk to the vet since they're sneezing.

Usually though, mine does this to sound PARTICULARLY pathetic so I will give her a treat or pay attention to her. After I start talking to her for a few minutes the mystery voice immediately goes away.
11.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:55:22 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I would talk to the vet since they''re sneezing.

Usually though, mine does this to sound PARTICULARLY pathetic so I will give her a treat or pay attention to her. After I start talking to her for a few minutes the mystery voice immediately goes away.
11.gif

YES! Boo does the same thing!!! He even tries to tack on a dramatic little *cough* at the end sometimes, hilarious! He just KNOWS how to look and sound so PATHETIC! He knows I will scoop him up and moosch and squoosh and kiss and hug him, and then say, "Baby BooKat want a goodie??!" Afterwards, I swear, he grins and races off!!!
11.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, worrywort me called the vet and they said it was probably just a cold, but to keep an eye on how much they''re eating. Ezra is hungry all the time (I had to up how much I fed him because he''d finish his and then eat most of Lola''s!) and Lola is eating as much as ever, so I''m not worried.

Too funny about the cats faking sick! I would have thought Lola was doing that, but I locked her out of the room last night and didn''t hear a peep. SO not normal! My girl is a talker.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Lynn, I know, it is the MOST hilarious thing. Deviant little cats craving attention. The funniest part is how as soon as you talk to them they forget and they start meowing or ''talking'' in their normal voice. BUSTED!!!!

Princesss, I hope your furballs get over their colds quickly. My Chloe has allergies and it is hard to watch her sneeze and get eye boogers on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results