shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight Loss / Bra Annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
So, I''ve lost a bunch of weight (yay! nearly 30 lbs. Still need to lose some more though, another 20 and I''ll be verrry happy). I saved all my "skinnier" clothes over the years, and have been thrilled to fit into them again. But! The older/smaller bras I saved don''t work. My. Boobs. Aren''t. Shrinking! (And why the heck is that? I *gain* weight first on my chest, why shouldn''t I then lose weight there?) It''s driving me batty. So, the old bras really don''t fit at all. I''ve been alternating between the smaller bras, which gives me a comfy band size but quadriboob, or a bigger bra which I then end up hitching at all day, with the band and straps not fitting right, but at least nothing''s falling out. Either way I end up having to pick at my damn bra all day, which looks so professional at work.
20.gif

Since I am still losing weight, I hate to invest in a bunch of expensive bras only to have to get rid of them in a few months. That would be retarded. And, I''m now smack dab at that awkward size that is pretty hard to find standard, especially in a non buttugly style- D or larger cup and right between 34 to 36 band size. (I really don''t know where it was decreed that chicks with D cups need to wear hideous, enormous white grandma bras.)

Anybody got any genius ideas? Maybe some cheap stores that might have a decent size selection so I don''t feel bad only using the bras briefly? I hate shopping, especially bra shopping, so any pointers would be very appreciated- I don''t want to have to spend a day trying on bras at various stores- my head might explode. Target''s been the only place I''ve looked so far, and I admit I didn''t really spend *that* long looking, but it looked like they didn''t have much in any styles I could stand. (I tend to prefer lined underwire bras in black or leopard print, but not padded or push-up.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my suggest is a stretchy bra that doesnt have cups...like a thin athletic bra or something. get one in nude and one in black, they are going to be really versatile, it may not give you that ''separation'' you want for certain clothes, but it will be cheap and easy until you are where you want to be and then you can figure out what you want to invest in good bras for long-term.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Soft cup--no underwire? Like a t-shirt bra...Triumph makes this type and I have two--comfy and inexpensive.

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marshall''s usually has a decent selection of bras -- they may not be the quality that you would want to "invest" in, but they might help you through this weight loss period.

Good luck!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I''ve never worn the jogging / non underwire bras anytime recently. Worth a try, anyway... I''m just gonna have to bite the bullet and deal with trying a bunch on (whine whine).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Daffy's (if you have one near you) also has a nice selection of bras for a decent price. Just picked up some Calvin Klein ones (no-wire t-shirt), for more than half off. I've lost some weight too over the past six months and I'm not sure if it's true, but you're suppose to replace your bra about every 6 months or so anyway. Since the body goes through changes and straps of the bra lose their elasticity.

ETA: BTW, congrats on the weight loss! I'm sure you look fabulous already, but keep up the good work!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results