shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th April till 13th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from a 15 mile bike ride which most of it was uphill; boy am I pooped out.
3.gif
3.gif
9.gif
Yesterday was so cold that I only biked a tiny bit; the weather was perfect today.
emhot.gif
Tonight hubby and I are eating Trader Joe's spinach pie; I have been eating 2 cups of spinach a day, 2 servings of fruit and a veggie soup to get my 5 servings of fruits/veggies a day.

Kimi, yay for the workout and have fun tomorrow w/the kiddos! Glad you are back!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! Nothing much to report. I had to work all day today, then took Amber for a walk with D and then hit the books for a few hours of study. So tired now so going to go to bed
24.gif

Thanks Marcy-yep the snow was so pretty. It was gone this morning though when I was driving to work. There was a terrible story in the news here yesterday as we had lots of thunder and lightening and a poor 14 year old boy was killed after being struck with lighting. His poor family. I wish the weather would get a bit better.

Mara-enjoy your break!

Well done on getting back on track appletini.

Steph-I''m sure that there''s nothing to worry about. Definitely stop reading sites about it though. There''s a lot of rubbish written on the web.

Skippy-wow! 15 miles-how are you still walking?!

Kimberley-glad to hear that your weight is good.

Well night night everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, yay for your walk w/sweet Amber!!! Sweet dreams; you are going to make an awesome vet!!!
36.gif
I love purple too; your bridesmaids are going to look great and your wedding will be fab
3.gif

Marcy, it Snowed in St. Louis too I heard; it seems sort of nutty to get it here, but I guess it might be normal. I think I told you one time we were flying back from Hawaii and we had a delay because Denver had lots of snow the end of April. I hope we don't get anymore; I am ready for spring/summer weather.
3.gif
I hope it warms up for you soon! I also added my favorite baked chicken recipe to the WWT healthy recipe thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wwt-healthier-recipes-thread-post-your-recipes-here.56169/

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I met a friend for breakfast this morning and ate the entire peach muffin I ordered – yummy. I went and bought a few groceries, bought some summer pj’s and a new pair of sandals. I’ve been working on laundry today and trying to figure out the new tool the school is switching to for internet courses. It’s a lot of predetermined formats, I have my web course set up as html files so if I can’t use them I’ll have to do a lot of work to get my courses ready for the fall. Rats for that. I have all sorts of cool astronomy icons with a starry background so I hate to think I can’t use those anymore. I’ll have to see if there is something I am missing.
I had the phone ring at 3:30 this morning. Some drunk lady wanting some motel here in town. I told her she had the wrong number. She starts to explain she’d drunk and wants me to look up the phone number. I hung up on her. She calls back. I hung up on her again. So she calls again and I asked her what she wanted and she said I was mean to hang up on her and wanted me to look up the phone number. I said no and hung up. I left the phone on for a few minutes. Of course by then I was wide awake and a little “steamed” so I had a hard time going back to sleep. Aak, some people.
Steph, I hope you get in to a dermatologist right away. It’s a smart thing to get the spot checked. DeeJay is right – stay away from self diagnosing online. I resemble that remark but it can worry you for no reason.
DeeJay, my husband is out of town too so I am eating cheaply. I made a box of apple – cinnamon muffins today to use for my mid morning snack. I used applesauce instead of oil so each muffin is about 105 calories. I really feel like I get a treat with a muffin instead of a 100 cal snack pack.
Skippy, it sounds like you need to adjust the tension on your machine. Do you have your manual? You need to adjust it sometimes anyway or if you switch types of fabrics. Yay for a nice bike ride. I was going to go walk in the park yesterday but the walkways were still snow covered so I went and walked around the mall instead. We have another 6 weeks where it could snow here. Our last freeze last summer was June 5th. I saw your chicken recipe. It sounds great; I’ll have to try it.
Kimi, enjoy dinner and going to the movie tonight.
Bee, how horrible to hear a young boy got killed by lightning. That is awful.
Well, I must get busy. Have a great evening.
Laters,
35.gif

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif
ya''ll! It was absolutely dreamy weather today--had to be at least 22 (c) and I badly needed sunscreen! Took my lonely runners for a long walk by the river again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time I''ll bring some cash and stop for ice cream.......
18.gif

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone,

Before I even go into anything about our day, this is for Steph............

Steph, DO NOT READ THE INTERNET! I know everyone's already said it. But, let me repeat........DO NOT READ THE INTERNET. It's natural to worry. And we usually worry ourselves sick over nothing. You may not have been around last summer during my prostate cancer scare. I've had issues with my prostate since I was in my 30's. This time the PSA was really high and they decided they needed to go in and biopsy it (major not fun, btw). So of course I turned to the internet to research prostate cancer and by the time I was finished reading everything I could find, I was absolutely convinced I had every symptom and sign that was listed and I was a 'gonner' for sure. I couldn't sleep. I worried. I was a mess. And after all that fuss and worry, the biopsy showed there was absolutely nothing wrong there. So as someone so succinctly said, "get thee to the doctor" and put this fear behind you.

Today wasn't nearly as chilly as they said it would be. They still say we'll be much colder by tomorrow, but today was nice. Certainly not warm, like 80's warm that we've had lately, but all we needed was a long sleeve t-shirt and that was enough. We had a little shower this morning, then the sun came out this afternoon. We had our normal scone, coffee and fresh fruit on the terrace, followed by a healthy and lite lunch at Panera, coffee under the oak, then the gym. We had really strong workouts today. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but very strong and I continue to work on my upper body (chest and arms). Sometimes when I see myself in the locker room without a shirt, I find it hard to believe the image I see is myself. In my mind, I'll always be a short, overweight, out of shape, flabby guy. It's kind of nice when I see that I'm none of those things! For dinner we cooked steamed shrimp (with Old Bay Seasoning and cracked red pepper), fresh silver queen corn and a fresh tomato, cucumber and sweet onion salad with vinegar and oil. It was a yummy dinner. We split a cinnamon roll for desert. Charlie's first cousin he grew up with in MD., and her husband are in Orlando for a conference and she's driving over tomorrow to have lunch with us. It should be fun. We'll have our normal Monday night Sushi, FroYo and Coffee too. No gym workout tomorrow, but we'll be back in the gym on Tuesday for sure.

Glad you enjoyed trying on the Tanzanite ring Marcy. I hope you're not too lonely without hubby! Sorry about the drunk lady waking you in the middle of the night. Amazing that she kept calling back????
38.gif

Have fun in Palm Springs Mara!

Hey DeeJay, it's nice hear from you!!

Yay for a 15 mile bike ride Skippy! And uphill to boot! DHW was fun tonight wasn't it??!!
11.gif

Kimberly, some exercise is way better than no exercise and it sounds like you did really well with your weight. Hope you and J enjoyed the movie and dinner out today!

Sorry you had to work all day bee* Very sad about the young boy being struck by lightning. Where we live is the North American Lightning capital, so I have a healthy and fearful respect of lightning and make sure I'm not outdoors when it's visiting.........

Sharon, glad you had dreamy weather!!

I guess that about does it for me. I hope you all had really nice weekends. Here's to a good new week for us all........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, that’s great you had such a lovely day and got to go for a walk by the river.
Rod, your dinner sounds terrific. I bet Charlie will have fun catching up with his cousin tomorrow. It doesn’t sound like it got too cold there today. Our highs tomorrow could be near 70 – I’m having a hard time deciding which one of my new spring outfits to wear to work. I couldn’t believe that lady kept calling back. Hopefully she’s not drinking tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results