shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 2nd October - 8th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Curls

Rough_Rock
Good luck on your walk tomorrw, Kimberly. I hope your foot treats you well. Don''t come home with any new bruises, scratches, or sprains.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually Curls, I LOVE Kashi Honey Puffs with some fruit, super yummy. I am a cereal whore and have about 5-7 in the pantry that I mix and match to get high fiber/high protein but yet still tasty or with fruit mixed in etc. I find that when I eat the cereals in the morning that are good for me (yet can mix in something tasty like an oat crunch cereal) I stay full til lunch.

So went to the gym...I was kind of tired today (I wonder why, today was workout #5!) but I did 55 minutes on the treadmill and burned 515 calories and walked 3.75miles so it all was good. Tonite we are going to get hamburgers and fries at our fave place, YUM. Definitely a splurge!!!

Then tomorrow morning it''s kboxing for me for my 6th workout of the week. And probably a walk tomorrow night.

Anyway hope everyone has a wonderful Fri night. Kimberly be careful tomorrow girl!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy folks! Hope everyone''s weekend goes well!

Today I went to a Hatha yoga class and worked up a good sweat. I''ve been biking at least one way to/from school too, so that''s been good. Surprisingly, I found I was still sore from my PiYo class on Tuesday! I stretched really well I thought, or perhaps my body just needs some extra healing time since I took the last 3 weeks off for a week and a half long cold and school stress. Either way, it was a good workout both days.

I did hurt myself somehow today though. I was sweeping my arm from the ceiling backwards down to the floor and I had this sharp tight pain in my upper back, kind of behind my shoulder blade. I rubbed it out and kept on with the class, but immediately went to the Rec center''s injury prevention center and had them check it out. They said it''s probably just a tight muscle that contracted when I wasn''t expecting it to, but I should mention it to my chiro and stretch it out a lot to make sure it doesn''t happen again. Hopefully this PS WWT injury trend stops now.... my fingers and toes are crossed!

See you all next week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a fantastic session with our trainer this morning. We ate a hearty breakfast before going because he usually pushes us pretty hard. And he did push hard. Today''s session was all about burning a muscle in motion. For example, he had us doing weighted lunges. That means we held a barbell with 50 pounds of weight behind our necks and did walking lunges, only instead of just getting to the lunch and recovering, we would move into the lunge and then have to hold it for 3 full seconds before recovering. Try doing 15 of those in a row and not feeling a major burn in the leg muscles. We did alternating exercises all intended to burn the muscle. He also had us doing a new level in core exercises. They were actually unstable core activities. Instead of doing planks like we usually do on a flat stable surface to strengthen our core, he had us on unstable inflated surfaces (it''s hard to explain) and boy did that ever work our core. Anyway, the hour went by too quickly as usual. But it was one of the best sessions we''ve had. We then did 30 minutes on the elliptical on our own before calling it a day at the gym!

We''ll be back in the gym tomorrow, but doing our regular workout. Hope everyone''s having a great weekend!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone
35.gif

Hope you''re all enjoying the weekend. Fall is here in New England..it''s getting chilly.

My session at the gym on Friday went very well. I''m increasing my weights and adding more reps.

My next gym session is Sunday and a Jujitsu lesson on Tuesday. I''m in the groove
9.gif

Keep on TRACKin

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so today is sunday...yesterday i was SO HUNGRY i practically ate all day it seemed like. in the morning before workout i had 1/2 a luna bar then after i had 2 multigrain waffles with some butter and syrup (not too much), coffee...and then i had leftover coconut curry chicken with rice from lunch a few days ago and then i had a go lean protein bar. then dinner we went to mexican with my parents, where i was good about not getting an 800 cal margarita, but i basically cleaned my plate...and i wasn''t even stuffed after, it was so weird! then we came home and went for a 2m walk and i got a kiddie scoop of baskin robbins ice cream which i had been craving for days. so all in all i ate a ton today but the oddest thing was that i wasn''t stuffed. maybe i just needed an extra boost of fat or calories or something?!

so this morning we are having scrambled eggs and toast with jelly for breakfast...i''m doing egg whites and greg gets regular full eggs. for dinner we are going to make mini pizzas from scratch, so that should be fun....and i can also monitor the cheese on my pizza so i don''t get too crazy..hehe. better than round table or something for sure! and a salad with the pizza.

i was going to go to the gym today but i think i am going to do the bootcamp at home workout instead since i am supposed to go to the gym tomorrow and i don''t like consecutive gym days, i prefer to break things up a bit.

my check-in on calories burnt for the week is going really well, i am super proud of myself! i actually am at about 3000 calories burnt for the week which i think is my highest so far...and if i do about ~300 today with my home bootcamp workout i will be at 3300 which is a real record for sure. i think in the past i have done about 2700 or 2800 max. my extra gym visit burning 500ish this week totally pushed me over.

hope everyone else is having a good weekend, congrats rod for having a great saturday and jeff for upping the weight and reps!! JCJD...definitely put some heat on that back shoulder pain and continue to stretch it out very good every few hours..i hurt that area about a month ago and i had to keep doing that all weekend to be able to get back into workouts 3-4 days later. i guess i wasn''t warmed up quite enough at the time of workout. take care.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Mara - thanks for the advice. I''ve been stretching it really often all weekend but it doesn''t seem to be getting much better. I''ll try the heat and then stretching it again. After thinking about it some more, I think the muscles were overstretched from the Eagle pose. I did it for the first time in my Tuesday class this week.

eagle.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
JC...I know it''s tough...it hurt pretty badly after I injured it, it was more like sharp pains if I moved the wrong way than a chronic pain...but I just kept doing heating pad on it and then stretching it out...it hurt when it was stretching out but I just kept at it. And I stretched when I got up in the middle of the night. And stretched out in the morning. I was sooo tired of stretching...haha...but it helped. I really did not want to let it just sit there and keep me from working out. I hurt it on Saturday and it was better by Tuesday. I just took it a bit easy but it was definitely better. Usually with a pain like that, stretching out your neck is important too...and pulling your arm across your body as well. Just keep doing it til the stretch pulls and hurts a bit then hold it. Keep us posted!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JCJD....take Mara''s advice about stretching. It''s absolutely amazing what that can do for soreness, even if it hurts doing it.

Mara.....I''ve been eating like crazy this weeken too. I''ve just been craving certain foods. Yesterday for example after our workout I had this overwhelming desire for a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on multi grain bread. So we went to Panera and that''s what I ate. Plus I ate the bag of chips they give you as well. For dinner we went to a wonderful waterfront restaurant that serves the absolute best barbecued chicken wings and I ate an entire plate of them for an appetizer (about 10 wings), THEN I had a chop salad with grilled shrimp and Charlie and I also shared a 1/2 lb., order of steamed shrimp. We followed that with a stop at Starbucks where we shared a piece of marble cake with coffee.

Today I haven''t been that much better. I had bowl of fruit and a scone for breakfast. Then a turkey sandwich on multi grain bread (Panera again and yes I ate the chips again). Then we worked out for 2.5 hours, so I know I burned a lot of calories during the workout. But I had been craving steak, so for dinner we each had a 7 - 8 ounce filet, with steamed broccoli and carrots and two ears of fresh white corn. Yummmmm. Then we took our Sunday night 3 mile walk and finished the foodgasmic weekend with our walk to the frozen yogurt shop, where I had a fat free and sugar free chocolate/raspberry twist on a cake cone. Extra yummmmmm. I''ll be back to my normal eating habits tomorrow, but I sure did enjoy the weekend from a food standpoint.

The heat has finally broken in Tampa and today was one of those magical days where there was virtually no humidity and the temperature didn''t break the mid 80''s. They say next weekend will be in the 70''s. Summer is finally over in Florida and we''re so grateful to be heading to winter, which is why everyone lives in Florida to begin with. It''s our dry season, so we''ll be treated to 8 months of picture perfect weather. Tomorrow it''s back to job hunting, so I can find a way to keep living in our beautiful new home on the bay. But I will run 5 miles tomorrow. That will likely be a late afternoon break towards the end of the day.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday!!

Curls

Rough_Rock
I went walking again today. It was beautiful again too. I really enjoy being outside so much when it''s this time of the year.

I didn''t get my exercise in yesterday since we went to the football game, but we did have about a 20 minute hike to the stadium and then another 20 minute hike back. We sat WAAAAY up high so lots of stairs too. I even kept the pace so fast that others were wondering what got in to me. So I guess in the end, it was just the same as a work out walk. (On a side note, the game sucked. Auburn lost.
7.gif
And I got a little bit of a sunburn.)

My mom came over to cook for us today. Thankfully the food she prepared was not as unhealthy as I thought it would be after I did some searches on the nutritional values online. I just ate a couple of bites of her garlic mashed potatoes since they were probably the worst of it. I was very proud of myself. It''s hard to control portions with my mom''s food. I also sent all the left overs home with my starving college aged little brother.

Mara, I checked out the sparkpeople site you mentioned a while back. Looks like a great site. I really like it so far and am about to get back to it. I''ve already set myself up with goals to maintain for the next two weeks.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday Evening All!

Sounds like Rod and Mara had a funfilled eating weekend! They happen to the best of us.

We walked with the team yesterday. John came with me so I didn''t have to walk back alone as my team was doing 20 miles and I was walking 6. I made it to about 3.5 and had to stop. John went without me to retrieve the car and I sat on a bench in Mission Bay (San Diego). My foot started hurting and I was having shooting pains and needed to stop, damnit. We are going to NYC this Friday-Tuesday (It will be my turn to have an overinduldged weekend of eating!) and I need to be able to walk. I guess I''m sharing all this as I am having a bit of a pity party that I am so limited by this stupid injury.

Anyways...I''m making spaghetti for dinner and that''s about all my fun and exciting news.

JCJD, sorry to hear you''re hurting too! We can be miserable together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results